GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ullmark needs to have the new hook goal. Thats a wrister from a long way out and he’s waving at it.

Other than that he was fine and the team had no juice.

We weren’t getting Berube but I don’t think Green was even a top 10 choice. His one good season in Vancouver was literally him getting bailed out by Demko and Markstrom. He also pretty much destroyed NJ’s defensive analytics when he got promoted there.

I really think his stuff about conditioning and being in shape to start camp got Staios to buy in.
That is absolutely what happened. Steve thought “bad starts”. Then green is like “my training camps are very hard” and “I keep players accountable” And a lightbulb went off for Steve

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He's not wrong.

I think the big problem with this team is immaturity and a lack of growth. Chabot, Timmy, Brady, et all seem to make the same mistakes they made in their rookie seasons. Inconsistent effort level, inconsistent understanding of the game, very emotional and get really high or really low very easily. That sort of thing. Some of these guys are getting a bit old and have enough NHL games under their belt that we shouldn't be using youth as an excuse.

I'm expecting Green to get tough and go a ways to straighten this out, but man....a lot of this change and growth should be coming from within, not pounded into them from the coach.
It’s 3-0 with like 12 minutes to go. Or whatever time it was. Is it not time to run and gun? What was his plan to come back from 3-0?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Also thought team would automatically improve since staios got the pairings to be
Left shot right shot on every pairing. Heard this was like the magical thing.

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
So on a scale of 1 to Ron Jeremy... How f***ed are we?
I'd say a measurement that is off the scales lol

Didn't like what I saw out there last night. Too many passengers to count. Poor execution, lost most of the battles in the corners/along the boards and let Montreal have their way with us. The Habs were the better team. FINALLY they actually beat us lol.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Wait? That's not actually 2 Chains?

You guys all need to be nicer to each other. We are two games into the season and these threads are cattier than how I'd imagine the Sens wives section is.

By game 53, it's just going to be two dozen people all on each others ignore lists talking to Aragorn, because none of us would block him since he is an institution here.
I don't understand how I am being catty. He has a problem with me, and I don't even know what that problem is.

Reactions: jbeck5

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Not worried about the loss, it's an opponent they should've had, but it's early and the first few games of the season are always a bit weird before teams get into their groove. I think they gave up that first goal to Montreal which got the crowd into it, and they never really found a way to take back momentum. Hopefully they come ready to play against LA on Monday.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Not worried about the loss, it's an opponent they should've had, but it's early and the first few games of the season are always a bit weird before teams get into their groove. I think they gave up that first goal to Montreal which got the crowd into it, and they never really found a way to take back momentum. Hopefully they come ready to play against LA on Monday.
The thing is Edmonton just lost to the Chicago Blackhawks and they're 0-2, Colorado just lost to the Columbus Blue Jacket and they're 0-2, Nashville are 0-2 , the Florida Panthers lost to Buffalo and they're 1-2, so I think we all need to take a deep breath here, still 80 games to go, I doubt a loss on game 2 versus Montreal will break our season.

Reactions: lang006

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
Montreal is a dump compared to Toronto. We are not talking culture just the physical city. The place is falling apart.
Lemme see Toronto; 🤔🤔
-Drug addiction problems on the streets everywhere. Being handed out like candy, shoot em up clinics everywhere. Hell even in our little sheltered area of Yonge/Lawrence we had the pleasure of witnessing overdoses on the sidewalk in front the Lawrence subway station
-Our neighbor cooked himself across the street from us. The rotting corpse stench was so bad it was a few days before they found him. Blood everywhere. Remember this is the Lawrence Park area...
-Home invasions all across the GTA in broad daylight) break-ins etc..
-Car jackings in broad day light
-Cars getting stolen right out of your driveway and even happening in Oakville
-Too many daily shootings to keep track off (hello CP24)
-Multi daily assaults, muggings, violence, etc...
-Systemic cultural hate against each other
-CONSTANT construction
-Tent city galore
-Downtown political protests tie up inner core
-Traffic congestion 18 hours a day
-Gangs, Moffia, crime the list goes on lol
It's just grand isn't it? Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad