GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
2 games in and we're already back to EK trade talk.

f*** me.
Lol sens fans , actually Ek vs Chabot was never a case Ek was/is better by far even if you reduce Chabot to 6 million and take the full 11 millions of EK contract. One guy can create offense for a whole team on one skate each game/whateve his age is , the other is mostly a passenger most night.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Green is gonna be a dud. You know it, I know it. He was the wrong choice by Dull Steve when you had buys like Bérubé and Julien available

I wasn't a fan of the hire and to me he seemed like another DJ Smith type with more experience, albeit not much success to show for it.

He's going to have to prove those initial impressions wrong but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Kleven needs a partner he can learn from, not one who's ass he's going to have to consistently try and cover.

Be it Hamonic or JBD. Neither belong in this league.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I wasn't a fan of the hire and to me he seemed like another DJ Smith type but with more experience, albeit not much success to show for it.

He's going to have to prove those initial impressions wrong but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Staios/Andlauer get an F for the way they've handled coaching. DJ should have been fired before the start of last year, and not once the season was lost. Then, a more experienced coach with a better history should have been hired to replace him once Martin went back to his regular duties.

It's been pretty much exactly what critical Sens fans feared would happen. The good thing is 2 games is too small a sample size to be sure of anything. Green hasn't been good but it doesn't mean he can't be. Only time will tell I guess.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Lol sens fans , actually Ek vs Chabot was never a case Ek was/is better by far even if you reduce Chabot to 6 million and take the full 11 millions of EK contract. One guy can create offense for a whole team on one skate each game/whateve his age is , the other is mostly a passenger most night.

the biggest thing is that ek can use other guys to create offense. little plays, give and go's, finding guys open through multiple seams. we need more of that and we need our top guys to learn and play more like that. that's how the best teams play.

the only way chabot looks great and worth his money is on individual plays. we don't need that.

ek is a thinker, chabot is a rush dangle top cheeze junior star baby.

it doesn't have to be ek but we need more of those players, whoever it is, badly.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Staios/Andlauer get an F for the way they've handled coaching. DJ should have been fired before the start of last year, and not once the season was lost. Then, a more experienced coach with a better history should have been hired to replace him once Martin went back to his regular duties.

It's been pretty much exactly what critical Sens fans feared would happen. The good thing is 2 games is too small a sample size to be sure of anything. Green hasn't been good but it doesn't mean he can't be. Only time will tell I guess.

My thoughts exactly.

Whatever goodwill they garnered by signing Jensen and Ullmark won't last long if Green proves to be another dud in a long line of duds.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
1000002190.gif

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Xspryit is/was right. he's not a hab fan just seeing shit clearly.

habs started their rebuild much later than us, didn't get a Sanderson or a Stutzle, and drafted Kotkamiemi instead of Brady and still they may already be ahead of us and their prospect pool is f***ing stacked compared to ours.

f*** dorion, maybe he was an undercover hab agent all along.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Xspyrit is/was right. he's not a hab fan just seeing shit clearly.

habs started their rebuild much later than us, didn't get a Sanderson or a Stutzle, and drafted Kotkamiemi instead of Brady and still they may already be ahead of us and their prospect pool is f***ing stacked compared to ours.

Some (stupidly) seem to think that I am happy with this. It makes me despise Dorion even more. We should have been competing all these years the Habs were/are rebuilding and now we are facing the humiliation that they make the playoffs and start winning before us. It would be the same thing if it was the Leafs. Habs and Leafs are the Sens "natural" rivals. We need to be better than them and it's not happening. I am about to build myself a Dorion punching bag or a darts target like in movies lol

I watched the game. Sens didn’t generate a lot of good chances but seriously anyone thinking they weren’t the better team by far needs help.

What? We had better possession at ES but we struggled to create grade A chances. And outside of a good 2nd period, it was an adventure in our zone at times. Overall, we got beat pretty clean.

Last edited:

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
It will be interesting to see what happens after losses this year (and in general if it is different than last year).

How will Green respond? How will the new vets react to the L?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
idk i thought brannstrom was really disappointing in the ozone. like that's what is holding him back most. he knew where to be, but wasn't as threatening as he should be.

and naw he definitely drove possession, possession you can see and calculate.

and the eye test showed brannstrom drove possession from his own zone and the numbers back that up.

Brannstrom literally had the best metrics among the Sens defense the last 2 years. Sure, he didn't have the toughest job but it shows that he still did his job adequately. He helped drive possession.

Unfortunately, he has 2 big problems :

- he lacks size and gets pushed around in the corners and in front of the net

- his shot doesn't create enough offense, a reason why he's not efficient on the PP

His ES production was also quite underrated. Karlsson and Makar have had the best Points/60 at ES the last 2 seasons (1.95 & 1.94) but Brannstrom was a respectable 84th (1.01). That's out of 271 D-men who played at least 500 ES minutes.

He's not in the NHL right now because of his size. His size weakness would require him to do something really special to justify a spot. I think he'll come back once there is a bit more injuries but there's so much talent with size available today...

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
lol... from overconfident before the game to overreacting after it...

The Habs were hungrier tonight. It happens. Doesn't mean Green is a dud, Sens aren't built properly, or specific players aren't winners. They lost ONE game.

yEaH bUt FoR tWo PeRiOdS aGaInSt ThE pAnTh... THEY HAD THE LEAD.

Reactions: swiftwin

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Brannstrom literally had the best metrics among the Sens defense the last 2 years. Sure, he didn't have the toughest job but it shows that he still did his job adequately. He helped drive possession.

Unfortunately, he has 2 big problems :

- he lacks size and gets pushed around in the corners and in front of the net

- his shot doesn't create enough offense, a reason why he's not efficient on the PP

His ES production was also quite underrated. Karlsson and Makar have had the best Points/60 at ES the last 2 seasons (1.95 & 1.94) but Brannstrom was a respectable 84th (1.01). That's out of 271 D-men who played at least 500 ES minutes.

He's not in the NHL right now because of his size. His size weakness would require him to do something really special to justify a spot. I think he'll come back once there is a bit more injuries but there's so much talent with size available today...

-Kleven is big and pushes others around in front of the net and in the corners

-kleven has a pretty heavy shot

-kleven needs a partner that can do the hard thinking and qbing so that he can focus on his own game.

and people think hamonic and jbd are better for Kleven than Brannstrom?

honestly kleven-brannstrom had the potential to not just be a good pairing but a GREAT 3rd pair.

now our 3rd pair is a huge liability.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
lol... from overconfident before the game to overreacting after it...

The Habs were hungrier tonight. It happens. Doesn't mean Green is a dud, Sens aren't built properly, or specific players aren't winners. They lost ONE game.

yEaH bUt FoR tWo PeRiOdS aGaInSt ThE pAnTh... THEY HAD THE LEAD.
f*** it. Let's lose our minds!

Race Dawg

LEAFS SUCK!!
Mar 10, 2023
Sunny Muskoka
I struggle considering it awesome.

It is a dump. It does have a lot of people so lots of cool stuff happens but what an ugly city filled with pretentious assholes.

EDIT: to be clear, Ottawa and Gatineau are even worse. At least we aren't begging everyone to consider us a world class city.
Toronto's the biggest shithole going.
Lived there for nearly 20-years and trust me when I say it's an even bigger dump on all counts. Lmao

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
Xspryit is/was right. he's not a hab fan just seeing shit clearly.

I think we really do forget how fortunate we were with the Karlsson trade. That trade makes our drafting look much better than it has been. Sure we've hit on a couple guys over the years, but we've also drafted plenty of head scratchers. I would like to know if we have kept the same scouting staff since the regime change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad