GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
The way to beat Montreal is through north-south play.

Batherson thought he could pirouette through the team.

Tkachuk coasting around.

Giroux showing up for the last half of the last period.

MacEwan got Hutson to cough up the puck just by skating really fast near him.

They beat us by playing man on man agressive hockey. A lot of teams play north-south, we couldn't generate a thing.

The exited their zone easily with 0 problem. They took advantage of defensive breakdowns and they were good on special teams.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Green haters waited until 2 games in and the 1st loss to step up and show their wares.

Hamonic... well he didn't fare any better tonight. Not doing Kleven any good playing with him; puts him in bad spots.
Chabot and Tkachuk have to be better. These guys are supposed to be leaders. Switch Perron and Tkachuk for a couple of games to wake him up.
Norris is still finding his way back. Not bad not good. Put Greig at C move Norris down to the 4th line or sit him out for Gaudette see how he likes it.
Gregor had a good game moving up .. I guess he read all the emo pre game

Pinto's line was the best line again.. the 4th line was probably next.

I want to see some adjustments

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I said it before this season, this team needs more size and grit on the back end. We dont have a punishing D core. Chabot just continues to regress each year and Hamonic is washed. Kleven is a rookie. We need some more experience and grit.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Florida just got beat 5-2 by Buffalo

Sh** happens
Are we bad?

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He plays like that this season and he is not getting another contract

I wouldn’t go that far I think there’s always room for a player like Giroux as long as he wants it but the ice time could drop relatively dramatically.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
It hasn't played out the way I thought or hoped, but 1-1 after playing Montreal and Florida isn't as bad as many of you are making it out to be.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn’t go that far I think there’s always room for a player like Giroux as long as he wants it but the ice time could drop relatively dramatically.

It's a question of when he goes from playing like a core player to playing like a supporting player (a la Tarasenko or Perron).

I need a bigger sample but he hasn't been great since about the halfway point of last season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You probably don’t want to hear this but Brady Tkachuk is a high end thinker.
I feel like he would have learned to play defence by now if this were the case.

Been 6 years he still looks lost on 2/3s of the ice.

I don’t think we have a lot of great IQ guys in the team. Probably why we’re better with stricter coaches telling the guys what to do.m more.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I feel like he would have learned to play defence by now if this were the case.

I don’t think we have a lot of great IQ guys in the team. Probably why we’re better with stricter coaches telling the guys what to do.m more.

I'd worry more about IQ if we were hustling our asses off and nothing was coming of it.

We played like that until the Tkachuk penalty, and then deflated like the team last year when the PP goal went in.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'd worry more about IQ if we were hustling our asses off and nothing was coming of it.

We played like that until the Tkachuk penalty, and then deflated like the team last year when the PP goal went in.
I don’t question this teams effort. I didn’t question it under DJ either. Tonight we got out worked that’s generally not the issue. We pretty much ALWAYS get out smarted tho.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It's a question of when he goes from playing like a core player to playing like a supporting player (a la Tarasenko or Perron).

I need a bigger sample but he hasn't been great since about the halfway point of last season.

I’d agree. I don’t want to write him off but it’s a thought in the back of my mind. He’s gonna have his moments becuase he is that type of player but the consistency might not be there.

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
I said it before this season, this team needs more size and grit on the back end. We dont have a punishing D core. Chabot just continues to regress each year and Hamonic is washed. Kleven is a rookie. We need some more experience and grit.
Spot on, outside of Sanderson & Zub and hopefully Kleven eventually, who are you comfortable having on your team, let alone being in the league a few years from now. A difficult conversation needs to be had about Chabot. I was watching the game with a few neutral fans and they kept pointing out how 72 keeps turning it over and making bad plays.

Reactions: SensFactor

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Spot on, outside of Sanderson & Zub and hopefully Kleven eventually, who are you comfortable having on your team, let alone being in the league a few years from now. A difficult conversation needs to be had about Chabot. I was watching the game with a few neutral fans and they kept pointing out how 72 keeps turning it over and making bad plays.
We need to be able to move the puck

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

He only has 12 points in his last 29 games. He had 52 in the 55 games before that.

He may simply be beginning to show his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad