Ottawa Senators: Outlining a Successful 2022-23 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Oh it does?
Let me try to help you - although, you're amusingly far from help:

At the age of 20 Stutzle put up 3 less points than what Suzuki did at 23. What do you think Stutzle is gonna do when he gets to age 23? Regress just for fun? Or will he continue to develop his body and skills and grow as a player?

Seriously though. How can you not see that Stutzle will far out produce Suzuki's 23 year old season in 3 years? You have to be such a homer lol.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Let me try to help you - although, you're amusingly far from help:

At the age of 20 Stutzle put up 3 less points than what Suzuki did at 23. What do you think Stutzle is gonna do when he gets to age 23? Regress just for fun? Or will he continue to develop his body and skills and grow as a player?

Seriously though. How can you not see that Stutzle will far out produce Suzuki's 23 year old season in 3 years? You have to be such a homer lol.

Thank you for your full-proof mathematical insights, NHL 2023.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Thank you for your full-proof mathematical insights, NHL 2023.
Anytime. You seem to have real problems with things, so I'm here to help. Although, you're very amusing to read, so please carry on.

EDIT: I'm so sorry to do this....but it's fool-proof, not full-proof.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Anytime. You seem to have real problems with things, so I'm here to help. Although, you're very amusing to read, so please carry on.

I suppose one could call it ironic that a poster with the name SpezDispenser struggles with play on words. Also looking forward to seeing Slafkovsky blow Stutzle's totals out of the water when he's 20 years old based on your phenomenal mathematical models.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I suppose one could call it ironic that a poster with the name SpezDispenser struggles with play on words. Also looking forward to seeing Slafkovsky blow Stutzle's totals out of the water when he's 20 years old based on your phenomenal mathematical models.
A play on words? So you meant to say full-proof?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
A play on words? So you meant to say full-proof?

Yes, as it's in it's full of holes. The idea that age and progress in hockey is a strictly linear process is one of the dumbest concepts that's consistently spouted on this board despite the fact that it's proven to be unreliable as hell year after year.

So, tell me, how much better can I expect Slafkovsky to be than Stutzle based on age and draft pedigree?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Yes, as it's in it's full of holes. The idea that age and progress in hockey is a strictly linear process is one of the dumbest concepts that's consistently spouted on this board despite the fact that it's proven to be unreliable as hell year after year.

So, tell me, how much better can I expect Slafkovsky to be than Stutzle based on age and draft pedigree?
Full-proof means full of holes? lol, ok....

You can wait until Slafkovsky plays a game in the NHL, let along gets to his 20 year old season, before even bothering to compare him to Stutzle. Is what you can do.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Full-proof means full of holes? lol, ok....

You can wait until Slafkovsky plays a game in the NHL, let along gets to his 20 year old season, before even bothering to compare him to Stutzle. Is what you can do.

And you can't wait until Stutzle makes the playoffs, leads him team to the finals, before you start crying about how he's better?

How many points Suzuki scored at 20 or how many Stutzle did has zero bearing on who will be the better player going forward and to pretend they do shows an immense lack of understanding of what statistics actually mean.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
And you can't wait until Stutzle makes the playoffs, leads him team to the finals, before you start crying about how he's better?

How many points Suzuki scored at 20 or how many Stutzle did has zero bearing on who will be the better player going forward and to pretend they do shows an immense lack of understanding of what statistics actually mean.

lol. Leads them to the finals. Good thing he did, because it's gonna be a looooooong time before Suzuki smells the playoffs again.

How can statistics now have a bearing? You spout so much nonsense it's impossible to take you seriously.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
lol. Leads them to the finals. Good thing he did, because it's gonna be a looooooong time before Suzuki smells the playoffs again.

How can statistics now have a bearing? You spout so much nonsense it's impossible to take you seriously.

Funny chirp from a guy whose team finished 28 points (!) outside the playoffs have their GM (!) declared the rebuild over.

Obviously you struggle immensely with math but the point is very simple: what Suzuki and Stutzle did at 20 years old on separate teams in different contexts has little bearing on who will be better. The difference was minimal. The age difference between the two is minimal. Progress is not always linear. Your argument has zero basis besides what you want to happen. At least I can point towards factual things that have happened. You can't.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Funny chirp from a guy whose team finished 28 points (!) outside the playoffs have their GM (!) declared the rebuild over.

Obviously you struggle immensely with math but the point is very simple: what Suzuki and Stutzle did at 20 years old on separate teams in different contexts has little bearing on who will be better. The difference was minimal. The age difference between the two is minimal. Progress is not always linear. Your argument has zero basis besides what you want to happen. At least I can point towards factual things that have happened. You can't.
Oh, I know all about being a shitty team, trust me. And I see one down the 417 right now. A 5 years before being relative again team to be honest.

So...progress is not linear. 3 years in the NHL from the age of 20 to 23 means nothing. Statistically Stutzle outproduced Suzuki at the same age, but yet you have 'metrics' that point to Suzuki being a better player and choose to throw out statistics. Gotcha. Keep being you, it's excellent stuff.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Oh, really?

A season that started with optimism for the Ottawa Senators finished with the same result — the team outside the playoffs.

After a strong 7-2-1 finish to the 2020-21 season, Ottawa came into this campaign hoping to challenge for a post-season berth.

"The rebuild is done," general manager Pierre Dorion said before the season after signing a contract extension. "Now we're stepping into another zone."
They were 2 years out of the 2020 draft. Quite obvious they weren't close to being done the rebuild. They still aren't, but this team is quite clearly on a different level than the last 3 years. If you can't see the difference get a new hobby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad