Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Anyone else noticed how out of it Horner has been the last few games he’s not a 2L RW unfortunately, end the experiment

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Anyone else noticed how out of it Horner has been the last few games he’s not a 2L RW unfortunately, end the experiment

I was thinking the same thing tonight. But, not just thornier. I was thinking tonight that half the teams seems listless. Seems like Pinelli, Foster, Barlas, and Gerrior have been pushing hard but there doesnt’ seem to be a consistent level of heart from half the team.

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
I was thinking the same thing tonight. But, not just thornier. I was thinking tonight that half the teams seems listless. Seems like Pinelli, Foster, Barlas, and Gerrior have been pushing hard but there doesnt’ seem to be a consistent level of heart from half the team.
I think Ekberg looks good. Houben is trying things…there is a skill cap there (especially with skating) but you can really see him trying to be what the coaches are asking him to be, and finishing more checks. Amidovski and Kelly were barely on the ice and didn’t do anything much when they were.

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think Ekberg looks good. Houben is trying things…there is a skill cap there (especially with skating) but you can really see him trying to be what the coaches are asking him to be, and finishing more checks. Amidovski and Kelly were barely on the ice and didn’t do anything much when they were.
I always give a straight up pass to first rounders through the first half. So often they are mostly like fish out of water. Then, int he 2nd half, they start to turn it on. I am not worried about Amidovski long term. Kelly on the other hand is almost dead weight now. He was better as a 16 year old than he’s been as an 18 year old.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
If our main complaint is we suffer now from not playing Whitehead enough last season then so be it. I’ll take that negative.
My issues with handling the rookies really have little to do with Whitehead. His experience playing has been very limited, so it's hard to tell, same for Hilton, Yanni, Dietsch et al. My concerns started with Nelson and extend to why rookies like Brady last year and Amidovski this season get the splinter treatment. TBH, only Körbler got any meaningful ice as a rookie last year. This year, it's Ekberg and Eshkawkogan, but they are producing.

Ottawa is a disciplined team that can score well on the PP, but can't kill a penalty to save their lives. We score 1 PP goal a game, but give up 2. Nine games into the year, it's time for the coaches to show up.

Glad to see Sirman wind up with the Charlottetown Potatoes ... er Islanders. Love that Red Shores Complex.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad