Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Looks like the original red version of the Killer Puck jersey to me!

Sweet. I used to have a bunch of game worn jerseys but I sold most of them. I was never able to get hands on the red one for a player i wanted. I had a few of the white ones. I sold almost all of them to a collector though. I kept a few of the more sentimental ones. The full 1999 Memorial Cup team signed Lance Galbraith Game Worn Rookie jersey is the one I would never part with.

Reactions: dirty12

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
Pinelli returns but is on the third line. Perrier is active and listed as centre for the fourth line. Mac starts. No Korbler or Kelly still.

1729443959084.png

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: we took a dumb penalty and couldn’t kill it off. Mews had been playing without a stick and when he got back to the bench and someone jumped on for him, he just stood there watching the play until they called us for too many men. 1-0 Barrie.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: we took a dumb penalty and couldn’t kill it off. Mews had been playing without a stick and when he got back to the bench and someone jumped on for him, he just stood there watching the play until they called us for too many men. 1-0 Barrie.

That’s an old one. Heard it before…..

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
High event period ends 4-3 Barrie. Entertaining game, Ottawa is doing lots of the good things they’ve done this year and is also some of the frustrating things giving up odd man rushes. Other than Mews space cadet moment we’ve avoided putting our terrible PK out there.

For those following Perrier’s debut, my amateur count has him at 2 shifts through 2 periods. I have Amidovski at just 1…

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
🤷🏻
The Yanni - Whitehead - Pinelli experiment seemed to last two periods. They had Pinelli back with Foster and Ekberg for the third. Not much else to say about this one. The game could have gone either way but those games seem to never land where we’d like right now.

Reactions: sirius67fan

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
🤷🏻
The Yanni - Whitehead - Pinelli experiment seemed to last two periods. They had Pinelli back with Foster and Ekberg for the third. Not much else to say about this one. The game could have gone either way but those games seem to never land where we’d like right now.
Yeah but as you mentioned above they did a lot of good things. It's a young team but as long as they progress. First period was boring but the rest was entertaining.

On another note Killer was looking very spiffy! Fun to ses Smith, Campbell, Pang etc. Sirman and Stoney were taking pictures with the old guys...cool.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Question. What would have been the likely outcome of that game had Gardiner been in our lineup instead of theirs?

I think we need to keep some perspective. Losing Gardiner was a big blow to the team and should have been the lightbulb turning on that this team is in need of a light retool.

The other question is, and I’ve already asked this one before, if the 67’s plan to bring back Stonehouse AND they knew he’d return regardless, why would they give Perrier his #17? It seems really odd to me. I had mentioned that a while back when they released the initial roster and we saw the official jersey numbers. It led me to believe that if Stonehouse were returned, he would be traded immediately. However, I would not have expected him to be skating with Ottawa under those circumstances. I’d have thought he’d either be in Edmonton or closer to home skating with a tier II team.

Reactions: dirty12

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Question. What would have been the likely outcome of that game had Gardiner been in our lineup instead of theirs?

I think we need to keep some perspective. Losing Gardiner was a big blow to the team and should have been the lightbulb turning on that this team is in need of a light retool.

The other question is, and I’ve already asked this one before, if the 67’s plan to bring back Stonehouse AND they knew he’d return regardless, why would they give Perrier his #17? It seems really odd to me. I had mentioned that a while back when they released the initial roster and we saw the official jersey numbers. It led me to believe that if Stonehouse were returned, he would be traded immediately. However, I would not have expected him to be skating with Ottawa under those circumstances. I’d have thought he’d either be in Edmonton or closer to home skating with a tier II team.
I have no problem with the Gardiner trade...the problem is what they've done with it. They traded Gardiner to move Foster to Center...which is just stupid. If they're not willing to play Ekberg and Amidovski at Center anyway then they should have kept Gardiner at least for the time being. They should be playing kids at Center or this trade doesn't make any sense. Ekberg is fine on the wing but he'd be much more influential, have much more of an impact playing Center. And by playing Center I don't mean 4C.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad