Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The challenge with this plan can be argued in three letters: F L U. Also, you cannot play with just 6 D.

Anyone we get cheap will be exactly that I would rather say Horner stays defence and we bring up one of the young guys to play wing or keep Stonehouse and waive Gerrior so that we have the RW person to replace Horner. At xmas bring up Perrier to see how he is doing.

Bring up Bonomo around Xmas and put him with Mayich.
It would leave us with

Dietsch Esh
Marelli Brady
Mayich Bonomo

If these rumblings are all true, then there will be quite a few dominos that need to drop. We may be getting pretty far ahead of ourselves trying to address the finer points of th lineup without knowing who will be moved out and what will be moved in. I doubt Boyd would move bodies for picks only.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If these rumblings are all true, then there will be quite a few dominos that need to drop. We may be getting pretty far ahead of ourselves trying to address the finer points of th lineup without knowing who will be moved out and what will be moved in. I doubt Boyd would move bodies for picks only.
I agree that Boyd will be looking for a body BUT if a GM is not wiling to give up a good body or defender for Mews will that hold up his trade.

It's interesting that Musty is still on the market. That tells me that GM's may not be all excited about getting problem children

Obviously, if we can get an experienced D, then that is great, but I still think with the lack of players that, bringing BONOMO up may not be a bad idea.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree that Boyd will be looking for a body BUT if a GM is not wiling to give up a good body or defender for Mews will that hold up his trade.

It's interesting that Musty is still on the market. That tells me that GM's may not be all excited about getting problem children

Obviously, if we can get an experienced D, then that is great, but I still think with the lack of players that, bringing BONOMO up may not be a bad idea.

If you consider Dietsch and Brady rookies because of their lack of overall experience, then adding another rookie d-Man on top of Eshkawkogan may not be the best idea.

I haven’t scanned the market but it usually isn’t’ that difficult to get a #6 D-Man from a team that has excess. We flipped Ewles to Flint last year at the deadline for a 3rd and 4th and Ewles was an 18 year old. I’d look for that kind of deal.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If you consider Dietsch and Brady rookies because of their lack of overall experience, then adding another rookie d-Man on top of Eshkawkogan may not be the best idea.

I haven’t scanned the market but it usually isn’t’ that difficult to get a #6 D-Man from a team that has excess. We flipped Ewles to Flint last year at the deadline for a 3rd and 4th and Ewles was an 18 year old. I’d look for that kind of deal.
If can see that but I am also looking at depth we really cannot go with just 6 d plus Horner. If we bring up Bonomo and give him some minutes playing with Mayich and Mayich playing with whoever they can find, depending on the person's ability. If we're rebuilding, then I would look at protecting our 3-4-round picks for at least the next 2 years.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The worst virus in the CHL is draftitis. It comes in the form of a player thinking he made it and has no worries. We have seen some great talent blow themselves in the head Kingston has had a few Hughes moon ottawa has had them also bell.and now mews. Usually a good coach can wake them up unfortunately DC does not have mews respect.

I would love to see him traded to the Pete's or a different team not playoff bound.
Definitely way too early to say Mews has draftitis lol. Still has a respectable 4 points on the year with a team he doesn’t want to be on.

If he lets say only gets 30 or 40 points by the end of the year I’ll agree but we’re not even 10 games in

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If can see that but I am also looking at depth we really cannot go with just 6 d plus Horner. If we bring up Bonomo and give him some minutes playing with Mayich and Mayich playing with whoever they can find, depending on the person's ability. If we're rebuilding, then I would look at protecting our 3-4-round picks for at least the next 2 years.

Again, this conversation is way too early. Who is to say Mews doesn’t go to Kingston in a deal for picks plus Velliaris and Moore… or to Brantford for picks plus Chen and Radley…. Or Sudbury for picks plus Ewles and Jackson... each of those deals has two D-Men? We just don’t know. Loads of variables. Why try to figure this out now?

Just wait for the trade and see what the return is first. No sense square pegging a round hole when you don’t have the square peg in hand yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad