Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Claude Giroux signs with the Senators (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Cam Talbot is no better

Have you seen him play? He’s far better then Ullmark who isn’t to bad himself
you gotta be trolling at this point

Cam Talbot is no better

Have you seen him play? He’s far better then Ullmark who isn’t to bad himself
lol yes i have watched him play. Just because he's better than Ullmark doesn't mean he is a top 10 goalie in the league.

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
Why is Dorion getting so much credit? Sure the DeBrincat deal was amazing for Ottawa but that was only made possible after he was saved from himself when he tried to do 7th + Murray for 16. Giroux wants Ottawa because it's his home. Not sure Dorion deserves credit for where G was conceived.

Great offseason for the Sens but feels like some softballs for Dorion.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Why is Dorion getting so much credit? Sure the DeBrincat deal was amazing for Ottawa but that was only made possible after he was saved from himself when he tried to do 7th + Murray for 16. Giroux wants Ottawa because it's his home. Not sure Dorion deserves credit for where G was conceived.

Well, the bar is low, for one.

Incidentally, there have been sources stating that instead of the 7OA, Ottawa would have sent Grieg or another prospect to Chicago if the Buffalo trade had gone through.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa

You can only hit what's thrown to you.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Expectations Dorion-wise were extremely low based on a previous track record of abject failure.

Reactions: Cosmix

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
I hated the Senators as a kid and took great joy in seeing them lose to the Ducks. I came around on them a bit during their Cinderella run in 2017 so I'm conflicted seeing Giroux go to a team I used to despise so heavily.

He'll be a great influence to the young guys and I can't imagine he won't keep putting up points despite his age. Giroux is a treasure and maybe I'll end up having to get a Sens sweater with his name on it since I think they're some of the best in the league.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
What? 7m?

That would be a pretty crazy contract. I was thinking 5.5x3 or 6.5x2.
E Kane and Malkin present good benchmarks, but at same time they each have warts and are re-signing.

I would expect the giroux contract to one of:

2x8
3x7
4x6

Anything less at each year is a win. Shorter the contract the better.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
He's only 34 so no 35+ contract for him, good for the sens.

Hoping we see the old Dorion here with 1 too many years and a million too much.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
E Kane and Malkin present good benchmarks, but at same time they each have warts and are re-signing.

I would expect the giroux contract to one of:

2x8
3x7
4x6

Anything less at each year is a win. Shorter the contract the better.
It better be lower. If they pay those amounts, that's a rare 2022 Dorion L.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
It better be lower. If they pay those amounts, that's a rare 2022 Dorion L.

Giroux is still a star. Why would he have to take way less than guys like Malkin and Kane. Look at Nichushkin and rakell.

Shorter term costs more money.

You might want to spend the next 11 minutes considering the comps before you get disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad