Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Claude Giroux signs with the Senators (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
It better be lower. If they pay those amounts, that's a rare 2022 Dorion L.
Sens have room to do 2x8 for the next 2 years. Makes sense to front load a 2yr deal with a handshake deal to follow it up with Spezza-style minimum deals in years 3, 4, etc when the Sens will be up against the cap.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Not really, Girioux sort of has some ties to the Ottawa area

just the fact the Sens are probably getting a top free agent is whats weird lol. Im a Sens fan and its a weird feeling right now. Optimism? Its comin back.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Sens have room to do 2x8 for the next 2 years. Makes sense to front load a 2yr deal with a handshake deal to follow it up with Spezza-style minimum deals in years 3, 4, etc when the Sens will be up against the cap.
I usually don't judge a deal by whether a team can afford it, but rather should they pay it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Id be ok with a small overpay. It signifies that the Senators are finally landing big name free agents again. Quality players want to come here.

That's worth an extra year, or a million bucks per season imo.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I usually don't judge a deal by whether a team can afford it, but rather should they pay it.
I'm just saying that 2x8m followed by 2x1m averages out to 4x4.5m, but helps the Sens cap situation in years 3 and 4.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
AND
E Kane and Malkin present good benchmarks, but at same time they each have warts and are re-signing.

I would expect the giroux contract to one of:

2x8
3x7
4x6

Anything less at each year is a win. Shorter the contract the better.
3 x 6.5

Not bad for bringing a star from Florida to Ottawa. Welcome home.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Welcome to Edmonton, Giroux! Oh, wait, this is real world...welcome to Ottawa, Giroux! :)

Great term / AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad