Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Drake Batherson re-signs with the Senators (6 years, $4.975 AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s the Farabee contract. I like Farabee better but this is still a solid investment for Ottawa. No reason to let PTSD over Colin White scare you off from locking down a key player you believe is part of the core - the alternative of letting contract uncertainty linger is not something the Sens need.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Fantastic deal. Will age really, really well.

It’s the Farabee contract. I like Farabee better but this is still a solid investment for Ottawa. No reason to let PTSD over Colin White scare you off from locking down a key player you believe is part of the core - the alternative of letting contract uncertainty linger is not something the Sens need.

I like Farabee more, too, but by a small margin... plus that Farabee deal is a steal for Philly.

Difference is that White never showed elite talent and was carried offensively by Stone, while Batherson has high-end offensive tools and is only scratching the surface and has huge upside.

Anyone comparing the two is just missing the plot. Batherson is so much more skilled, a far clearer development curve, better physical tools, more well rounded, a clear threat on the PP... I have zero concerns with this deal. I see very little risk of Bath being less than a 50-60 pt, 20-30 goal guy. Holds his own defensively, mixes things up, very good in the neutral zone, smart... very nice top 6 player, even if his "ideal" spot is "only" 2RW.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Reminiscent of the Colin White deal. Virtually the same amount, same term, paid after one good year.

They're nothing a like. One was carried by Stone, the other carried lines himself.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
It alright not a steal would have waited and gave him a one year contract. With what happened with Colin White and him breaking out in the North Division which at times was not the greatest of hockey. Also have to consider 15 of his 34 point were powerplay points and his shooting percentage was a little high so not sure if that's sustainable. Will probably end up being fair deal for both sides would be very surprised if he out plays this deal imo.

White wasn't even that good in the AHL and the year he had 41 pts he was still the 8th best scorer on the Sens.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Good move by Ottawa following the Farabee template. Both deals will look great as soon next season.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Much less risk getting the young players locked up rather than going UFA hunting. Think this turns out to be a fair contract for the Sens

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
in salary this season, or in contract AAV?

Contract AAV. Salary this season he is tied with 11 other players at 198th.

Other fwds making 2.5m in salary this year:
- B. Goodrow
- A. Johnsson
- C. Eakin
- V. Namestnikov
- C. Cizikas
- C. Clutterbuck
- J. Roslovic
- T. Pearson
- A. Kempe
- A. Lowry

So he is the highest paid senators forward

Give it a week or two. Also, to be fair, he's easily one of our top 4 forwards and 2/3 of the others are on their ELC/unsigned.

Also, in actual salary he is 4th behind White, Tierney & C. Brown.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I think you should always bridge guys coming off ELCs. For every contract that ends up a discount in Year 3 you get a Colin White.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Its already a steal. Batherson is under contract from age 23-29 thats his prime and he will be giving the sens 25-30 goals a season and 50-65pts

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Difference is that White never showed elite talent and was carried offensively by Stone, while Batherson has high-end offensive tools and is only scratching the surface and has huge upside.
Hopefully so for OTT, but it's pretty east to go back in time and see that White was highly valued by OTT (and other ) fans just a couple of years ago. No one was talking about his flaws at the time. Will Batherson be a different case?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad