Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Drake Batherson re-signs with the Senators (6 years, $4.975 AAV)

SENSational

Mar 26, 2004
Ottawa
I never once said Batherson was a bad contract :laugh:

No one shits on the Wings because we’re actually showing improvement. You guys have somehow gotten even worse. I’ll look forward to bringing up the threads where you guys expected to fight for a playoff spot this season

And yet, you still have no legs to stand on. You really think a sample size of a grand total of 2 months early in the season is enough for you to start talking crap about another bad team? Wings haven't exactly been world beaters either, especially lately.

And just FYI the sens young players are all showing considerable improvement this season, development isn't exactly stagnating like what you seem to suggest.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Your point.... You said it was a horrible signing............ WHERE HAVE YOU PROVEN THAT. Then you claimed Ottawa fans said he would be a 100 point player, not one person said that. Its like you dont think people can read the posts in this thread or something. Unbelievable stuff.

This is actually not true at all...my first post was:

Definitely helps when guys like Stutzle and Tkachuk are laying eggs every other night.

To both their credit, they've both turned it around and Batherson kept up his pace.

My second post said

If he finishes close to ppg over 82 games then sure, he's "the guy" but for now he's just on a hot streak.

If he finishes close to ppg over 82, then I'll stand by my comment in him being "the guy"

You sens fans are getting defensive over nothing...I never said he wasn't good or he's overpaid. I just said it was too early to make an opinion on him.

I'll give credit to any player on any team, idc enough about that sort of stuff.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I don't even know what they were thinking making us play during the height of our Covid outbreak. Apparently they didn't want to cancel any games because of the Olympics, but man...it was bad. Our assistant coach was on death's doorstep. Still...they must know best, right....
carolina had 3 guys out with it and there game was canceled pretty quick

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I assume they thought the better of it after seeing Ottawa have it ravage their locker room, or maybe I'm giving them too much credit.
i'm interested in seeing how this new roll there on continues . pasting florida like they did will have their confidence sky high

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I had no idea he had 28 points in 21 games... I figured his contract would be a steal in next couple years but not this quick

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
b3rc9qD.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s weird seeing Ottawa fans bring up threads to “dunk” on people while they are once again one of the worst teams in the league and an overall embarrassment.

Well, you don't see people bumping threads on the signing of Michael Del Zotto or trading for Nick Holden. You don't see Sens fans crowing about Nikita Zaitsev or Josh Brown.

Go read the threads on HF Sens when those guys arrived in town. It's not as if Dorion is Mr. Popular on the Senators board.

Pro scouting and the acquisition of professional talent remains Ottawa's Achilles heel under the Dorion management team. But scouting and development of prospects certainly isn't.

We know our own players. The fact that posters who clearly barely follow the team are so adamant in their own opinions is bizarre.

We know where the weaknesses are and we have a fairly good idea of what players are worth. Whether Pierre Dorion does or not is a different story. Tkachuk? Sure, 8.2 million is a lot of money, probably a million higher than most would like. Batherson at 5 million? This was a slam dunk from when it was signed.

In the final analysis, they're paying 13M for 2/3 of a first line for the next 6 years.

Maybe give the people who spend hours and hours watching, studying and learning about the guys on their favourite team some credit.

Last edited:
Reactions: JackieDaytona

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad