Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Alex DeBrincat for 2022 1st and 2nd round picks (7 and 39OA) and 2024 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I am still shellshocked by Dorion though :laugh:

pierre-dorion-throwing-drink.gif

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
OTT will be a fun team to watch next year. If they add a top 4D and Murray comes back to 2017 Murray, they could even contend :)

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
wow didnt see this coming at all - I hope Debrincat likes frozen tundra

<insert fart noise>

Try again loser. Chicago is like marginally better for weather. And an order of magnitude less safe of a place to exist in....

Watch this guys brain explode when they sign Giroux next because he calls Ottawa his 2nd home and hes already living in there in the offseason - by choice gasp

The north eastern quarter of North America will continue to be a place that many elite individuals in all areas of life will proudly call home. If you cant take the winter and dont get "it" - then you deserve to be in the south....where comparatively, "noteworthy" things seem to happen at an alarming rate.....But the weather is f***ing spectacular all year round. No doubt about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
So much for two 1sts and more ....

My guess teams were unwilling to offer that much considering he's 2 years away from UFA. He has a $9m QO and arbitration rights. He can easily walk himself to free agency in 2024.

So Senators risk is they might have just given up #7 pick for 2 years of Debrincat.
They will recoup their loss if he doesn't want to re-sign by trading him for a good prospect and a pick AT THE VERY LEAST
No downside

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
So much for two 1sts and more ....

My guess teams were unwilling to offer that much considering he's 2 years away from UFA. He has a $9m QO and arbitration rights. He can easily walk himself to free agency in 2024.

So Senators risk is they might have just given up #7 pick for 2 years of Debrincat.

It's a risk.

But it's a reasonable one.

Even if DeBrincat doesn't extend, you could trade him at the deadline in 23/24 and recoup a 1st (albeit one in the 20-30 range) and a prospect. Won't match what you paid, but those ~15 spots and the 2nd/3rd are probably worth it for a shot at finally making the playoffs, energizing the young core, making the team more attractive to other players, and selling more tickets.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Dunno but he probably won't end up as a 40 goal scorer.
Is Debrincat a 40 goal scorer without Kane? In any case I can see Jonathan Lekkerimaki, Joakim Kemell, Cutter Gauthier or Matt Savoie replacing Debincat at a lower AAV and better timing for a rebuild.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Well, thanks for pretending to be contenders long enough to have us sign an awful Nurse contract and then go full rebuild, Chicago.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Going out on a limb and saying Chicago trades the 38th and the 39th pick acquired from Ottawa to sneak into the end of the first round.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Is Debrincat a 40 goal scorer without Kane? In any case I can see Jonathan Lekkerimaki, Joakim Kemell, Cutter Gauthier or Matt Savoie replacing Debincat at a lower AAV and better timing for a rebuild.
There's good prospects there for sure. But there is absolutely no way you can justify this trade by saying they MIGHT get a player that COULD be as good as Debrincat IS NOW.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Dorian probably thinking that he had to find a way to out score having Matt Murray as the starting goalie. This might actually work.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So who do the Hawks really really like at 7? My moneys on Mintyukov.

Hawks win this trade in 3 years if so.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If the Sens can get local boy Giroux (who lives 5 mins away from the arena in the offseason) to Ottawa then we are going to have an outstanding top 6!

Tkachuk
Stutzle
Norris
Batherson
Giroux
DeBrincat

:popcorn::popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad