Confirmed Trade: [OTT/CHI] Alex DeBrincat for 2022 1st and 2nd round picks (7 and 39OA) and 2024 3rd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not even 3 good ifs. 1 Very good if, 1 decent if and 1 long-shot if.
And $6.4m this year, potentially $9m next year. That's not an if. The cap has been around for 2 decades and people still don't seem to understand cap space is an asset just like picks are an asset.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Ya it is a huge blunder. Should have accepted a full rebuild
Two separate regimes. Stan "Adolf" Bowman went full Battle of Bulge instead of regrouping when he traded for and extended Jones. Standolf was retired and the new regime was smart enough to throw in the white flag.

Here we are.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Two separate regimes. Stan "Adolf" Bowman went full Battle of Bulge instead of regrouping when he traded for and extended Jones. Standolf was retired and the new regime was smart enough to throw in the white flag.

Here we are.
Fair enough

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Hated the Davidson hire and now I hate it even more.

:facepalm:

How do these two relate?

I'm asking honestly, forgive me if I missed the obvious; long day.
They tried to trade Murray and the 7th pick to BUF for 16th, but Murray NTC’d BUF.

They effectively failed up.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
<insert fart noise>

Try again loser. Chicago is like marginally better for weather. And an order of magnitude less safe of a place to exist in....

Watch this guys brain explode when they sign Giroux next because he calls Ottawa his 2nd home and hes already living in there in the offseason - by choice gasp

The north eastern quarter of North America will continue to be a place that many elite individuals in all areas of life will proudly call home. If you cant take the winter and dont get "it" - then you deserve to be in the south....where comparatively, "noteworthy" things seem to happen at an alarming rate.....But the weather is f***ing spectacular all year round. No doubt about it.

No need to take climate remarks personally I’ve just driven thru the Ottawa area in winter a bunch of times

Why would that make my brain explode who would even care about Giroux or where he lives

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
They tried to trade Murray and the 7th pick to BUF for 16th, but Murray NTC’d BUF.

They effectively failed up.
I just find it impossible to believe that that is what they tried and then they immediately walk into this. Either the Murray trade were not the parts mentioned or the Blackhawks gm was so desperate to get rid of DeBrincat that he heard someone got offered 7th overall and he picked up 5 phones NHL 10 style.

Reactions: ThaShow

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
And $6.4m this year, potentially $9m next year. That's not an if. The cap has been around for 2 decades and people still don't seem to understand cap space is an asset just like picks are an asset.
yeah who needs cap space for a great player? :skeptic::skeptic::skeptic:

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I just find it impossible to believe that that is what they tried and then they immediately walk into this. Either the Murray trade were not the parts mentioned or the Blackhawks gm was so desperate to get rid of DeBrincat that he heard someone got offered 7th overall and he picked up 5 phones NHL 10 style.

Garrioch says Dorion and Davidson talked about the scenario. If the Buffalo deal went through, it would have been:

Ottawa 1st (16th) + Ottawa prospect (likely Greig, Thomson or Bernard-Docker) + 2nd + 3rd for DeBrincat

Since Murray vetoed the trade, the pick was #7 and the prospect was removed.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Garrioch says Dorion and Davidson talked about the scenario. If the Buffalo deal went through, it would have been:

Ottawa 1st (16th) + Ottawa prospect (likely Greig, Thomson or Bernard-Docker) + 2nd + 3rd for DeBrincat

Since Murray vetoed the trade, the pick was #7 and the prospect was removed.
That's still just such a wild scenario to think about.

Either way, even if DeBrincat somehow doesn't sniff 40 goals this is probably a win for Ottawa. All their prospects and young players, the 7th just wasn't what they needed anymore anyways.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ottawa is turning the corner. Gotta love this on their side.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Fantastic. Nothing but ill wishes towards the Blackhawks franchise for what they’ve done.

giphy.gif

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I wonder if young Debrincat will want to sign in Ottawa after his current deal expires? Or if the team stinks again and he's not having much fun, I wonder if he'll just take the QO and walk after one more year? Should be interesting.
I think there’s a good chance he’ll only plays two years in Ottawa. Maybe not, we’ll see.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
This is a heinous misstep for Chicago.

And a huge win for Ottawa. This is the kind of player that can change things for a franchise.

Reactions: SensFactor

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
I'm think Debrincat must have some unknown baggage. Like, everyone knows he wants to be a UFA ASAP and just get the biggest possible paycheck. Or he's an alcoholic. Or some deep character flaw...

I claim no inside knowledge. This just can't be the best offer unless the kid is "damaged goods" somehow.
Or the Hawks are just incredibly poorly run. Getting a strong sense of ownership meddling - they've managed the last few years like it's a video game

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Gawd there’s a real good chance Hawks just gave him away with those picks this is not a strong draft at all…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad