OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets signed another 6'7" forward to their final two-way spot. Spencer Jones. I won't criticize the kid because I've never seen him play, but I have no idea how you could look at this roster and not try to get another guard.

Unless we trade or cut somebody, this is it:
PG: Jamal Murray, Russell Westbrook, Jalen Pickett, (Trey Alexander)
SG: Christian Braun, Julian Strawther
SF: Michael Porter, Peyton Watson, Hunter Tyson, (Spencer Jones)
PF: Aaron Gordon, Vlatko Cancar, Zeke Nnaji, (PJ Hall), [DaRon Holmes]
C: Nikola Jokic, Dario Saric, DeAndre Jordan
(two-way, can only be active for 50 regular season games whether they play or not and 0 playoff games) [out for season]

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
but I have no idea how you could look at this roster and not try to get another guard.
I mean Jokic is the Joker. He is a center that plays guard. With his switch defense improvement he can handle guarding guards regularly.

With Gordan and Saric able to guard the 5, Jokic can be the 3rd guard. Think about this unit without Murray. I like it. Essentially Jokic is your Point Guard on offense and your Center on D.

Jokic
Westbrook
Watson
Porter Jr
Gordan

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I mean Jokic is the Joker. He is a center that plays guard. With his switch defense improvement he can handle guarding guards regularly.

With Gordan and Saric able to guard the 5, Jokic can be the 3rd guard. Think about this unit without Murray. I like it. Essentially Jokic is your Point Guard on offense and your Center on D.

Jokic
Westbrook
Watson
Porter Jr
Gordan
There is not nearly enough shooting or ball handling on the floor if you play Gordon, Westbrook, Watson, and Jokic together. The spacing would be terrible.

Reactions: katfude

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
There is not nearly enough shooting or ball handling on the floor if you play Gordon, Westbrook, Watson, and Jokic together. The spacing would be terrible.
Westbrook. Jokic, and Gordan can all handle the ball. This team is not full of shooters but the guys are going to have to make open shots to win. We couldn't do that last year against the T- Wolves and lost.

Braun, Strawther, Watson are going to have to shoot and Westbrook and Gordon are going to have to hit 3 pointers at big moments, without shooting high volume from 3. If that doesn't happen than maybe they do find a way to get another guard that can shoot but it doesn't seem likely right now.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Westbrook is an awful shooter.

They’re really going to have to rely much more on Strawther this year than they were probably hoping for, and MPJ’s disappearing acts are probably going to come into focus a lot more in this lineup.

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Final Summer League thoughts

Strawther - hell yes
Alexander - hell yes
Hall - maybe
Jones - no earthly idea
Tyson - absolute no hoper
Pickett - whatever one rung below "absolute no hoper" is

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
What in the absolute f*** does Russ bring to the table if he shoots like a goddamn Stormtrooper these days?
Ball handling, rim pressure, defense, passing, rebounding, and pace. He is vastly better than Reggie Jackson in all of those areas. He's not nearly the shooter Reggie is or was, but he's going to help our second unit in a lot of ways.

But we should still definitely cut Tyson and Pickett and replace them with Tyus Jones and Justin Holiday. We need shooters.

Reactions: Pokecheque

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
What in the absolute f*** does Russ bring to the table if he shoots like a goddamn Stormtrooper these days?
Defense and dribble penetration. The Nuggets with the endless pick and roll got stale and didn't have anyone attacking the basket during the Game 7 second half meltdown. That's really his role, get layups or create open shots for teammates. And someone to carry the ball up the court to preserve Murray's energy at times.

I think for the price he's a great fit. Can't expect much but I do expect more than Reggie was giving.

Reactions: Pokecheque

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Legacy matchup for the Denver Outlaws today, playing against the Boston Cannons on ESPN and ESPN+ in 30 minutes.

The Cannons are the only other team that made the jump from Major League Lacrosse (2001-2020) to the new PLL.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
The Olympics mascot is a red version of Mr. Frundles

1722107161067.png

1722107198625.png

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
France has such good surfing.
I am not much of a surfer, but enjoy watching the WSL on occasion and enjoy surfing media. That said, France has some great waves... but their high season coincides with winter like most of the rest of the Northern Hemisphere. With such a condition and location dependent sport... I could care less that they are 5000 miles away from paris for this event. I wish they would do the same with the winter olympics...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I am not much of a surfer, but enjoy watching the WSL on occasion and enjoy surfing media. That said, France has some great waves... but their high season coincides with winter like most of the rest of the Northern Hemisphere. With such a condition and location dependent sport... I could care less that they are 5000 miles away from paris for this event. I wish they would do the same with the winter olympics...
I want the winter olympics in Miami.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Mears gone, they actually traded someone with term.

Now Beeks, Cave, Gomber/Quantrill, Diaz/Stallings, Rodgers next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad