Brandon Wheatkings 23/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Training camp 3 days on and zero info on players etc. Hard to get excited about the team when there is no reporting on how camp is going. Wake up somebody
Follow their broadcaster, Rob Mahon, on twitter. He's been tweeting a lot about what's going on.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Also a FYI, I spoke with Perry who has always been great with keeping the WK world updated on the teams activities. He said they are short staffed and as a result very busy being the only sports guy to complete daily news articles for the paper, let alone BWK site.

Also he seems to have stepped away from twitter as it was too vile at times.

Who knows we may see him in twitter again when everything settles down for him

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Saw a couple of the games with the younger guys this weekend.

Prabh Bithal. He was very good. Big and has a knack for scoring. Skating has improved from whatever he has been doing this summer. Wheaties got a good one here
Maddox Ganda. Didn't know much about him but he looked solid. Real good skater and size and scored a couple. Not sure if he sticks around or not but he showed alot
Carson Park. Guy was the talk of the camp. Little skilled buzzsaw. Was all over the place on the ice and led the rookie camp in scoring. Going back to play midget this year and I am really interested to see the numbers he will put up.
Giorgis Pantelas. I probably misspelled his name but he looks like the making of the next great WHL D man. Very poised and strong. Looking forward to his development this year
Chase Surkan. I think he is good but I think he tried to do too much. Have to see how he did in the black and gold game

Black Gold

Sep 22, 2023
Saw a couple of the games with the younger guys this weekend.

Prabh Bithal. He was very good. Big and has a knack for scoring. Skating has improved from whatever he has been doing this summer. Wheaties got a good one here
Maddox Ganda. Didn't know much about him but he looked solid. Real good skater and size and scored a couple. Not sure if he sticks around or not but he showed alot
Carson Park. Guy was the talk of the camp. Little skilled buzzsaw. Was all over the place on the ice and led the rookie camp in scoring. Going back to play midget this year and I am really interested to see the numbers he will put up.
Giorgis Pantelas. I probably misspelled his name but he looks like the making of the next great WHL D man. Very poised and strong. Looking forward to his development this year
Chase Surkan. I think he is good but I think he tried to do too much. Have to see how he did in the black and gold game

I was also hearing that Park had a great camp - hopefully has a great year and develops further and turns into a huge 5th round steal.

Joe, what did you see in Binder Nord? Sounds like he is a real agitator and that he had a great Black Gold game playing alongside Johnson. Perhaps takes over Henry's role with more offensive upside?

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Assuming he gets a look they liked him last year. Be interesting to see who they bring along onto the preseason roster. There isn't a lot of spots open but they have quite a few guys battling for spots

wksfan

Sep 6, 2023
Team seems to be high on the Gleason brothers from Colorado. Both big and apparently have skill. From what I have read and heard the future sounds very good. Team this year barring any serious injuries should be good as well.

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
Unfortunately, I've only been able to read this past weekends camp stories. Seems to be the consensus that the cuts that are coming will not be overly easy in some cases. With Henry gone does a Binder-Nord type fill the void although only 17 yrs old.

I don't think we are contending this year, so do you trade Shipley for more of a return vs Flamand?

Good time ahead. Thank god hockey is back as the Jays on my TV has been far and few between

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Team seems to be high on the Gleason brothers from Colorado. Both big and apparently have skill. From what I have read and heard the future sounds very good. Team this year barring any serious injuries should be good as well.
Who are the Gleason brothers does anyone have any information on them?

Molsonsman

Dec 27, 2017
My Fridays preseason game take away... A tough decision coming for our D core. Pantelas knows how to use that long stick and wide range as a result. I anticipate he will surely stick around. Ronald looked pretty decent too, I must say. I think he will be given an opportunity. Boehm and Allard maybe sent down... Tansem and Clark held their own and didn't disappoint. That's Fridays game results only, with several errors by all being their first game.

Nguyen, Baumuller played like I hoped they would do considering. Binder Nord looks like a keeper as well. No fighting in this game but his scouting report has him probably about the most of this group to be willing to drop the gloves.

Bhathal is going to be a good player for our offence next year. He is big and seems to have always been in the right spot with nice hands. Great 2nd round pick. I might be a bit early but a steal in my books.

Jacobson will be nice to watch this year. Will they keep him with Turko? Hmm.. they play well together, but I will assume they will start them together until Jacobson moves up the ladder in TOI and lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad