OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Yesss for my local CFL team, BC Lions

Won some airpods haha. Nerve-racking being in front of 25,000 people (ok it was halftime so a lot of people left their seats) kicking a field goal
Cool! I’m 100% positive if I tried that the ball wouldn’t even make it to the uprights

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Obviously wanted Jac but happy with Condon. Thankfully the Reds drafted Burns otherwise he would’ve been a lot Rockie.

Brecht is the type of pitcher that the Rockies won't be able to develop. Maybe he becomes Dollander, or maybe he becomes Pint, Tyler, Bowden, Rolison, etc.

Last edited:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Julian Strawther and Trey Alexander are awesome.

Pickett and Tyson are utterly worthless.

Hall, jury is still out. I wish he were a better rebounder but he seems to at least play hard and he's hit his shots so far.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Summer League game 2 roundup

Strawther - seen enough, for the love of god don't play him in any more Summer games.
Alexander - noticeably gassed out late in this game but very, very solid overall. encouraging start.
Hall - drastic improvement over last game. not sure he has NBA ability but we asked for him to play more under control tonight and he absolutely did it
Pickett - disaster, not an NBA player, period
Tyson - disaster, holy crap this guy can't play

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Nope.

Edit: I wrote "nope" because that wasn't the answer given when I heard this question. But I just looked it up and Brett actually IS a valid answer to the question, so I am embarrassed to say that I got a bad read on this one. So kudos to henchman.

The answer I was expecting was Stan The Man.
I know he didn't play his whole career there but I think Barry Bonds for the Giants has to be close.

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
I know he didn't play his whole career there but I think Barry Bonds for the Giants has to be close.
Willie Mays is the Giants leader in singles, doubles and HRs. A pre-1900 guy is the only one with more triples.

Bonds is not the career leader in anything for either the Giants or Pirates, other than perhaps most PEDs consumed..

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
With baseball having such a long, storied history... you pretty much have to have a guy who is a lifer for each org older than the 90s. Bonds split his time between two orgs that have been around a while and had legendary players.

Willie Mays is the Giants leader in singles, doubles and HRs. A pre-1900 guy is the only one with more triples.

Bonds is not the career leader in anything for either the Giants or Pirates, other than perhaps most PEDs consumed..
I always find this bizarre... PED usage in baseball is as old as the game. Hell, Aaron and Mays are both tied to amphetamines. Babe Ruth tried injecting sheep testosterone. PEDs and sports are inextricably linked. Always will be too.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
f*** Barry Bonds.

In other news, WTAF was that mess at the Copa America final!? Were they seriously THAT unprepared for nutso futbol fans?
Yes. They assumed South American fans would somehow act like American suburban fans just because they moved the event to the US for this year. In a way I'm glad that happened, they should keep their nonsense to themselves in half empty stadiums getting token attendance for most of the matches. Yeah its cool to play other confederation teams but we could do that in friendlies if the USSF ever pulled its head out of its ass. Instead they like to pick out cupcake teams so they can keep most of the modest money instead of pay out half the money from a packed large stadium.

Best way to put the organization for the event was they were having a Super Bowl at Hard Rock Stadium and the local organizers and police planned for a big Inter Miami match. Security and organization cost money, money that events like the Super Bowl or World Cup demand you have.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Summer League game starting on ESPN2 for the Nugs.

Strawther and Hall aren't playing tonight so it might be pretty ugly with just Alexander out there to carry the corpses of Tyson and Pickett.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Summer League game 3 thoughts:
-Strawther and Hall DNP, already impressed the coaches enough
-Alexander was again quite impressive. Few things to clean up but this kid looks like an NBA player
-Pickett and Tyson were once again catastrophically bad. These guys are not NBA players. They cannot help this squad in any fashion.

Reactions: Pokecheque

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Need Jokic to grow that beard out, f*** it and go Charlie Blackmon

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nugs have Westbrook, so besides the third two-way the roster is full unless there's a trade.

PG: Jamal Murray, Russell Westbrook, Jalen Pickett, (Trey Alexander)
SG: Christian Braun, Julian Strawther
SF: Michael Porter Jr., Peyton Watson, Hunter Tyson
PF: Aaron Gordon, Vlatko Cancar, Zeke Nnaji, (PJ Hall), [DaRon Holmes - out for season]
C: Nikola Jokic, Dario Saric, DeAndre Jordan

I still think they should have spent those 3 second round picks to dump Pickett and Tyson instead of Reggie Jackson. Jackson was on an expiring deal anyway and he's a much better emergency PG than Pickett. Pickett is not even a good G-League guy.

If they had dumped Pickett and Tyson instead of Reggie and then signed Westbrook and Holiday the roster would look so much better.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The bar for Hunter Tyson's performances are so low that people are hyped he shot 44% and contributed absolutely nothing else in today's game.

Pickett played 8 minutes, recorded zero stats, and was benched. Seems they've finally given up on him.

Hall and Alexander had poor shooting performances but they were good overall. Rebounds, passing, defending. Things Tyson has never heard of.

JWK

Mar 27, 2010
Hopefully this Russell W________ works better than the last one

Nuggets still need shooters, get someone like Luke Kennard or something

Reactions: katfude

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Hopefully this Russell W________ works better than the last one

Nuggets still need shooters, get someone like Luke Kennard or something
The roster is full. To make any improvements they have to find a way to jettison some dead weight (Pickett, Tyson, Nnaji). They could potentially waive Tyson and/or Pickett and eat their small contracts as dead money, even though that's not ideal. But Nnaji is making way too much to waive.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
The roster is full. To make any improvements they have to find a way to jettison some dead weight (Pickett, Tyson, Nnaji). They could potentially waive Tyson and/or Pickett and eat their small contracts as dead money, even though that's not ideal. But Nnaji is making way too much to waive.
I still can't believe they gave Nnaji that contract.

Reactions: AvsWraith

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Our whole offseason has pretty much been based around shoring up the front count, which doesn't speak well for their confidence in Nnaji. They traded up to get Holmes, re-signed Cancar, signed Saric, re-signed Jordan, and swapped out Braxton Key (who is more of a 3/4) for PJ Hall (who is more of a 4/5).

And Nnaji is making more than Braun, Watson, and Strawther combined this year.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I think it’s hilarious that they sold the media on it being a “tradeable” contract if things didn’t work out. Yet they can’t trade the contract.

I’m telling ya’ll - Calvin Booth is gonna be terrible for this org

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I think it’s hilarious that they sold the media on it being a “tradeable” contract if things didn’t work out. Yet they can’t trade the contract.

I’m telling ya’ll - Calvin Booth is gonna be terrible for this org
Basically he hit some homeruns his first offseason (Watson, Braun, KCP/Ish for Barton/Monte, Brown) and has been sniffing his own farts since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad