OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I’d pay good money to watch LeFraud and a bunch of little white Serbian dudes take on an all-NBA team.
It would never happen. LeBron wouldn't bring himself to play with that bad of a roster. He only plays on teams where he can surround him with absurd amounts of talent so he doesn't look bad.

Reactions: katfude

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Welp he finally admitted it

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Welp he finally admitted it

"The Elway just needs to get a QB" stuff like it was like an Indeed posting was unfair. The rest of the QB moves you can't blame him for (like Paxton), even if he took Allen over Chubb and Allen busted you couldn't blame him. However, when you take the gamble of passing up a high pick with a QB projected in that range when you need one and that guy isn't a start, that is a huge mistake.

Massholes are in for a rude awakening now that Brady retired.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
To be fair, he had a first hand seat to watching a HOF QB crashing and burning in the SB only to have an all time great D win it all in spite of that HOF QB a couple of years later. And then after Paxton Lynch didn’t work out, you can see why he might have prioritized building a strong defense.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
To be fair, he had a first hand seat to watching a HOF QB crashing and burning in the SB only to have an all time great D win it all in spite of that HOF QB a couple of years later. And then after Paxton Lynch didn’t work out, you can see why he might have prioritized building a strong defense.
Got some galaxy brain there.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
To be fair, he had a first hand seat to watching a HOF QB crashing and burning in the SB only to have an all time great D win it all in spite of that HOF QB a couple of years later.
He also had a first hand view behind Allen at the Senior Bowl before the draft. Watched the kid go through all his progressions standing 5 yards behind him on the field. Either John was a horrible scout of QBs or he didn’t trust himself. Probably both.

Reactions: katfude

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I still don’t believe the Broncos would’ve gotten the most out of Allen. He had an obviously impressive skillset, but do we think the broncos are/were patient and skilled enough to get him to where he is today?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
ac23c329-3e9a-48ac-bfb4-e38f91170104_text.gif

(who am I kidding, I don't care)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still don’t believe the Broncos would’ve gotten the most out of Allen. He had an obviously impressive skillset, but do we think the broncos are/were patient and skilled enough to get him to where he is today?
IMO they would've figured it out, but not as quickly as Buffalo has (though they're stalling a bit now).

And at the very, VERY least, we would've been spared the Nathaniel Hackett Era.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So skateboarding, surfing, BMX, and ping-pong are Olympic sports? All four are better than swimming, diving, and running, but something seems off...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So skateboarding, surfing, BMX, and ping-pong are Olympic sports? All four are better than swimming, diving, and running, but something seems off...
Wait until you learn that city planning used to be an Olympic sport... and who won gold and bronze in that area in 1936....

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
IMO they would've figured it out, but not as quickly as Buffalo has (though they're stalling a bit now).

And at the very, VERY least, we would've been spared the Nathaniel Hackett Era.
Tbf Allen stalling out against Mahomes is like a lesser version of Ovi stalling out against Sid. Allens great, but beating Mahomes is proving to be damn near impossible.

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
In truth, surfing and BMX are closer to the original Olympic concept of battle readiness for war. Ping pong? Not so much.

Keep in mind that tug-o-war was an early Olympic sport; again, military preparation of sorts.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Old Top Gear was the best.

I can't wait for drone racing to be in the Olympics.
I'm still holding out for Twister to become an Olympic game.

How old Top Gear are you talkinga about? I loved the early 2000s crew. Didn't even realize it was a reboot of a '77 series though. I haven't found full episodes of the OG series but a few of the clips I did find were really pretty good.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'd still advocate for Olympic sports being sports where the Olympics is the pinnacle, and most sought after medal/trophy/whatever.

Like the World Cup clearly means more than the Olympics for football (soccer), ditto for Rugby (even 7s format).

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Fencing: Men's Team Sabre. US team is ranked 2nd in the world. Blew a big lead in the last round against Iran (rank 7) and has been eliminated from medal contention. Oof.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad