OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Also, I don't know if TB's pass rushers suck or if Denver's O-line finally woke the hell up, but apparently they finally established proper pass protection.
I think Seattle and Pittsburgh both just have superb pass rushers. I also think Mcglinchey regressed after he got his pay day..... But he was going against Watt.:dunno:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Basically it means if you’re QB is better than Andy Dalton he’s a starting QB in the league and if he’s worse than him you need to replace him.

Obviously a bit of a meme, but plenty of truth in it tbf.
So like the Mendoza Line in baseball there's a Dalton Line for NFL QBs? I like it.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It's difficult to create a "minor league" in football simply because the career span is so incredibly short. The average NFL career is something like 2 years. You just don't really have time to "develop," you either got it or you don't.
I generally agree with ya. The NFL Europe did provide breakthru guys though at OL and QB, and those are two positions where 1) guys tend to have longer careers and 2) depth has suffered pretty badly since the league went away…..that’s where I miss NFL Europe. But yeah you’re right everywhere else - there’s not gonna be 26/27 year old corners, RBs, WRs and LBs that are going to walk through a door in the middle of their career and make your final roster. The NFL is brutal that way.

Reactions: Pokecheque

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I mean Nix could go 40 for 40 for 450 yards and 5TDs and you'd find a way to critique it.

You've proven you simply don't like the player, you will never "judge" him fairly or objectively.

I just watched the supposed best QB on the planet, Mahomes, throw at least 3-5 head scratchers tonight and a horrendous INT in the end zone. If the best QB on the planet is making boneheaded choices, I think I can live with a rookie playing in his 3rd ever game making a couple as well.

The reality on the NFL is there are rarely "perfect" QB performances. Every single last one of them makes a couple of poor decisions every game. Sometimes it's a nothing burger because the defender drops an easy one, other times they hurt because you throw an int in the endzone.

At the end of the day the score sheet said Nix played effectively, didn't turn the ball over and he helped his team win 26-7 on the road against a pretty good team. Was he perfect, no, there are plenty of items to continue working on. Did he hurt the team, no. Was he a positive factor in helping the team win, yes. Did he show improvement from the last game, yes. Did he do what the coaches asked him to do today, yes.
I stopped reading when you told me that I hate the player. Youre full of nonsense and not worthy responding to. You wasting key strokes.

If only Bo Nix had the athleticism and arm talent of Anthony Richardson. That's how we evaluate potential success right?
I haven’t read one post about athleticism.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Michael Vick and Randall Cunningham are the two guys I think of for QBs who were elite athletic and ‘made it’ in the NFL. Both were pretty damn good - Cunningham is one of my fav all time NFL players - but neither won a SB and neither is in the HOF despite being so stratospherically better in raw physical talent. Vick and Randall both had absolute cannons for arms.

I actually think it’s more difficult these days to trump the entire league with athletic talent. Playcalling is just way more sophisticated on both sides of the ball. There’s a lot that goes into the QB position. If it was easy to scout them we wouldn’t have so many absolute flops. I definitely acknowledge though that a portion of the flops happen because a GMs job depends on success, and success comes from having a good QB. That just naturally inflates QBs draft positions whether or not they are justified.

I really wish they hadn’t gotten rid of NFL Europe - it was a terrific breeding ground for breakthrough talent and diamonds in the rough to emerge. I think the NFL has really suffered in talent overall since that league ceased operations.
Cunningham and Vick were guys that succeeded in the NFL despite their best efforts. Both guys that never really tried to learn the game and just went YOLO mode every Sunday. Vick did later in his career but he was already into his 30s. AR is flawed but he doesn't have that same issue. If it works for him he will be more like Cam, except faster and with a better arm.

NFL Europe would a great place for guys like Trey Lance or Justin Fields. Really wish there was a way for guys to get actual game action instead of just waste their careers on the sideline.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I stopped reading when you told me that I hate the player. Youre full of nonsense and not worthy responding to. You wasting key strokes.

I haven’t read one post about athleticism.
Lol, come on. You've gone on for pages trashing the guy and I'm supposed to somehow believe that actually are giving him a fair shake and don't just hate the player. That's a pretty tough sell.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Lol, come on. You've gone on for pages trashing the guy and I'm supposed to somehow believe that actually are giving him a fair shake and don't just hate the player. That's a pretty tough sell.
You’re acting like your three. When you wanna have a grown up conversation let me know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad