OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
They gave Paxton the appropriate window: two years.

Two other teams were trying to trade up for him too: the Cowboys and Chefs, considering how 5hings turned out for them that should give you an idea how hard it is to judge QBs.

If they QB they should have drafted put up two first games like this in 2018:

View attachment 908278

This board would have acted the same way.
Lynch only played in 5 games total though. Is 5 games enough for Nix? Those 5 games and 2nd season are also a bit of a mirage... he was pretty much shunned after year 1 where he was inactive for the majority of 2017 and only played when injuries mounted (Seimian) and Osweiler was completely incompetent in his return.

Josh Allen was a much different type of project. He was a guy who was a good athlete with an absolute cannon of an arm that you had to get him settled into the pro game and build up his accuracy and reads. People wouldn't have freaked out in those games, especially because he was flashing in that Chargers game. People wouldn't be freaking out about Caleb Williams here because of his skill set. Both of those guys would get well into the 2nd seasons of leash because you know the ceilings are high.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
They gave Paxton the appropriate window: two years.

Two other teams were trying to trade up for him too: the Cowboys and Chefs, considering how 5hings turned out for them that should give you an idea how hard it is to judge QBs.

If they QB they should have drafted put up two first games like this in 2018:

View attachment 908278

This board would have acted the same way.
So we have up to 3 more games to make up our minds completely about Bo then? :sarcasm:

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Josh Allen went from junior college to 27 games in the Mountain West (2 years as a starter) straight to the NFL at 22 years old. Nix played 61 games in the SEC and Pac-12 and then came to the NFL at 24. He literally started more college football games than any quarterback in history. Five full seasons as a starting QB for major programs with major exposure. We had an immense amount of data and game film about him, he had an immense amount of time to develop good technique and good habits and mental awareness.

Comparisons without context are meaningless. Everybody knew it would be a process with Josh Allen, and it was a gigantic gamble about whether he could develop the mental and technical side of his game to match his physical talents. Ultimately he figured it out, and good for him, but the challenges in front of Nix are not at all similar and neither are the solutions.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Huh?

You should google who has the most college starts ever.

I just read a whole two paragraphs about knowing extensive knowledge about a QB due to playing a ton of college games, giving the QB a chance to correct his weaknesses, and he turns out alright. Is Josh Allen the most accurate QB in the game? Nah he’s not. But he’s overcome a lot with good coaching, major work on his footwork, and time to develop.

Lynch only played in 5 games total though.
Paxton couldn’t put the PlayStation controller down. I don’t know what Nix’s work ethic looks like but Paxton was a joke.

Reactions: MonsterMack

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Huh?

You should google who has the most college starts ever.

I just read a whole two paragraphs about knowing extensive knowledge about a QB due to playing a ton of college games, giving the QB a chance to correct his weaknesses, and he turns out alright. Is Josh Allen the most accurate QB in the game? Nah he’s not. But he’s overcome a lot with good coaching, major work on his footwork, and time to develop.
Nix had the most starts ever with 61, which is exactly what I just said. He broke the previous record shared by Kellen Moore and Colt McCoy which was 53 starts. So he had a whole 8 more starts than the previous record holders. Nearly a whole extra season of experience than the previous most experienced college quarterbacks of all time.

And, again, those starts came over a 5 year span in power 5 conferences.

Allen was 2 years younger, only played 27 games in Division I college, and spent his college career in junior college and then the Mountain West. Not the SEC or the Pac 12.

How is this even remotely difficult to comprehend? Nix has a vast amount more experience and much higher level experience than Allen to go along with far less physical talent. Allen had to learn the stuff at the NFL level that Nix learned in his ridiculously long college career. But Nix cannot learn to throw it like Allen.

EDIT:
I really think you may have just honestly misread my previous post and didn't intentionally ignore or misrepresent what I said. Please read it again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad