OT: Other Sports 83

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
It should be banned but I don't see how gambling on your team to win the game is putting the legitimacy in question. If he ever bet on them to lose then absolutely banned for life for throwing games. Not sure I ever saw that though.
He could have saved pitchers for the games he was going to bet. You could punt a game without having bet on them to set up the game you will bet them.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
You're not the first person I've seen say this, but I don't understand this line of thinking.

If he wasn't worthy to go in while he was alive, why is it now ok for him to go in that he is dead? If anything, that's just a punishment to his living family that did love him to have to see him inducted when he can no longer be there to enjoy it.

Just keep him out entirely instead.

Was he not given a lifetime ban? Did he not served it? Once Rose died, his ban should be over. It is not hard to understand. He paid his debt, time to include the Hit King into the HOF.

Without Rose, the HOF feels incomplete.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Was he not given a lifetime ban? Did he not served it? Once Rose died, his ban should be over. It is not hard to understand. He paid his debt, time to include the Hit King into the HOF.

Without Rose, the HOF feels incomplete.
He is "permanently ineligible". Him dying doesn't change that.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It should be banned but I don't see how gambling on your team to win the game is putting the legitimacy in question. If he ever bet on them to lose then absolutely banned for life for throwing games. Not sure I ever saw that though.
You’re trusting him with the integrity of the game either way and at no point should that be a factor of influence. Sports is about pure competition. That can’t be tainted, it goes against the fairness of the game.

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
Gimme s break. There are worse people in the HOF who did worse things than what Rose did. Permanently ineligible is pure bs.

Rose is a slimy scumbag who never showed any remorse for anything he did and his only regret was getting caught.

He deserves nothing when it comes to the HOF dead or alive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad