OT: Other LA Sports: LA Galaxy, Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Angels. USC, UCLA etc

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Josh Allen is like the guy at pickup basketball who is just so much more physically gifted than anyone else, he dominates and it looks like he isn’t trying or is even toying with his opponents.

Except instead of playing against accountants who just worked a 9-5 he is doing it against NFL players.

I think they want him to be the MVP and are going to let him just cook through the air and on the ground. It wouldn’t shock me if he has north of 50 total touchdowns this year.
It was like watching Steve Young 2.0. Really impressive player, has the arm and the legs. Glad he's not in our division.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Josh Allen is like the guy at pickup basketball who is just so much more physically gifted than anyone else, he dominates and it looks like he isn’t trying or is even toying with his opponents.

Except instead of playing against accountants who just worked a 9-5 he is doing it against NFL players.

I think they want him to be the MVP and are going to let him just cook through the air and on the ground. It wouldn’t shock me if he has north of 50 total touchdowns this year.
He's kind of like the NFL's version of Eric Lindros.

Has the physical attributes that coaches and GM's salivate over, while having the ability to do just about anything; from buttery soft touch passes, to brute force physicality.

Like Lindros, I suspect Allen's career will burn very bright, but may not burn for very long.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

From your lips to the gods ears. He will single handily win me my fantasy league.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's kind of like the NFL's version of Eric Lindros.

Has the physical attributes that coaches and GM's salivate over, while having the ability to do just about anything; from buttery soft touch passes, to brute force physicality.

Like Lindros, I suspect Allen's career will burn very bright, but may not burn for very long.
Allen won’t play as long as the Manning’s or Brees. Think he will last longer than Cam.

That’s why the Bills need to develop a more consistent run game. Great that he can run but it should be more selective and he needs to avoid contact whenever possible. Barring getting a first down on third/fourth down there is no need to absorb contact if he can either slide or get out of bounds.

Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Two college football games I will be keeping an eye on today:

BYU at Oregon

Michigan State at Washington

If the Pac-10's best two remaining teams do not pull off wins at home, which should only be considered mild upsets, it will only show how the lack of emphasis on college football at west coast universities has put the Pac irreparably behind the rest of the conferences.

BYU beating Oregon in Autzen Stadium would be a huge statement game for the Big 12 and them wishing to claim the spot as the #3 conference in the nation after every thing shakes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schrute farms

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
God damn am I disappointed in the coaching staff at Notre Dame.
Me too. ND always seems to fail in selecting a coach when they don't do a proper search.

Gerry Faust, Bob Davie, Tyrone Willingham, Charlie Weiss...all bad hires for various reasons. In the case of Weiss I am not sure why ND thought an offensive coordinator from the NFL could get the job done.

Reactions: Reaper45

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They're really packing them in at the Rose Bowl for the UCLA game today. It's okay, more UCLA tarps are on order. It's criminal what Larry Scott and the moronic presidents running the universities have done to this once great conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
They're really packing them in at the Rose Bowl for the UCLA game today. It's okay, more UCLA tarps are on order. It's criminal what Larry Scott and the moronic presidents running the universities have done to this once great conference.

I mean Southern Alabama isn’t a huge draw but absolutely agree.

Reactions: KINGS17

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Well, that and it's apathy created by Chip's program AKA Transfer U. They really need to put that B1G money to use and hire a legit coach who actually gives a crap about high school recruiting. Bringing in more transfers than high school signees each year is an unsustainable strategy for high level success.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
UCLA pulls out a win with a FG on the last play of the game in front of dozens of screaming close friends and family at the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: 21Dog

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
How do you choose UCLA if you are a big time recruit? That is a big issue for UCLA going forward.

Terrible atmosphere in a stadium far from campus.

Never going to be the biggest team in town.

Academics are good but you can get that in a lot of places.

Reactions: Lt Dan

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I thought for sure the Rams were going to f-up that lead and lose!

The 2nd drive where the falcons marched down 80 yards in 3 min was just awful to watch. Nobody was playing defense. Then all the miscues, the 3 and out, blocked punt for the td, fumble by Kupp. I was worried when the punter went out they'd snap it over his head at the end. I will admit, it was a smart call just running around and taking time off and taking the safety. But then of course, the following punt takes a weird bounce and goes out of bounds at the 50.:eek3:

Reactions: Butch 19

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I thought for sure the Rams were going to f-up that lead and lose!

The 2nd drive where the falcons marched down 80 yards in 3 min was just awful to watch. Nobody was playing defense. Then all the miscues, the 3 and out, blocked punt for the td, fumble by Kupp. I was worried when the punter went out they'd snap it over his head at the end. I will admit, it was a smart call just running around and taking time off and taking the safety. But then of course, the following punt takes a weird bounce and goes out of bounds at the 50.:eek3:
nothing comes easy for the Rams. I haven't seen the "run through the end zone to end the game" for 10 - 15 years.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
It’s so funny, these modern, aggressive young coaches all are big on analytics for certain things like going for it on 4th etc. Yet the analytics say when you are up that much in the 4th quarter that you should be running basically every play, yet these guys just can’t help themselves.

Add in that you have a turnover prone qb and you are facing a backup caliber qb in Mariota and some of the playcalling decisions were certainly odd.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
How do you choose UCLA if you are a big time recruit? That is a big issue for UCLA going forward.

Terrible atmosphere in a stadium far from campus.

Never going to be the biggest team in town.

Academics are good but you can get that in a lot of places.

It’s one of the biggest ironies in sports. Their rival USC is closer to the Rose Bowl.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
It's really simple. UCLA needs to consistently win and fans will consistently show up. Chip Kelly's first three seasons at UCLA were the worst three seasons in school history. Think about that. And then when you stack that on top of the last few years under Jim Mora, which were terrible and fan apathy has grown exponentially.

UCLA actually led the conference in attendance early in Jim Mora's stint as coach. It's because they won games against real competition. Not three FCS schools and teams that rolled over at the end of last season. I think you're seeing a similar fan revolt like when the McCourt's owned the Dodgers.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
It's really simple. UCLA needs to consistently win and fans will consistently show up. Chip Kelly's first three seasons at UCLA were the worst three seasons in school history. Think about that. And then when you stack that on top of the last few years under Jim Mora, which were terrible and fan apathy has grown exponentially.

UCLA actually led the conference in attendance early in Jim Mora's stint as coach. It's because they won games against real competition. Not three FCS schools and teams that rolled over at the end of last season. I think you're seeing a similar fan revolt like when the McCourt's owned the Dodgers.
Schedule doesn’t help at all. Playing teams like Alabama State, Southern Alabama, Bowling Green, next year they play Coastal Carolina and NC Central. Oof. 2024 they have an away game at LSU. 2025 Georgia and New Mexico at home. Meh.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Agree about the bad schedule and the poor performance causing horrible attendance. IT's a boring program. which is odd because Chip in Oregon turned them into an exciting product. At UCLA, they are about as exciting as an old man sleeping on his La-Z-Boy.
However, in fairness, the Alabama State game was not UCLA's fault. Michigan backed out of their game very late (schedule wise -- which is done way in advance) and UCLA basically had no choice but to schedule that cupcake.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Needing to consistently win to have people show up describes every now Pac-10 school that will be left after USC and UCLA depart with the possible exception of Oregon. I don't know what it is like to vacation in Pasadena these days, but perhaps UCLA can fill the Rose Bowl with midwestern visitors after they join the B1G.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What does SC and UCLA leaving mean for the Pac12? Losing your two only LA teams is a major blow.
It should mean ASU, Arizona, Colorado and Utah are getting the hell out of there and joining the Big 12 where they actually give a damn about college football. Unfortunately, the ASU campus is now smelling their own smug just like the California schools. I am hoping something happens to force ASU's hand and the benefits of leaving the Pac-10 become so obvious they have no choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad