OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like landfall , as of this moment , will be around Tampa? More northern then I originally thought. We both should start preparing. If it goes south then there is a better chance of my area feeling the effects when it comes out the other side.

Depends on the model but right now, looks like Sarasota but I imagine we'll know more over the next couple of days. Stay safe.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yeah, Milton is forming.

Depends on the model but right now, looks like Sarasota but I imagine we'll know more over the next couple of days. Stay safe.

Oh boy. Glad I'm not in lakeland anymore. That hurricane is pretty much "f*** you in particular florida"

That is going to be a mess if it cuts across the whole state like that. Usually it'll catch a section and the rest of the state can all chip in and help.

giphy.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh boy. Glad I'm not in lakeland anymore. That hurricane is pretty much "f*** you in particular florida"

That is going to be a mess if it cuts across the whole state like that. Usually it'll catch a section and the rest of the state can all chip in and help.

giphy.gif

Ian, Idalia, Michael... west coast is starting to get hammered more. This isn't going to change, sadly.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I lived in Dunedin for a short time maybe 20 years ago. Milton looks like he's making a straight line to my old stomping grounds. Damn..hopeful it isn't as bad as Helene was..the NOAA track shows >110 mph winds though, that sucks

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Ian, Idalia, Michael... west coast is starting to get hammered more. This isn't going to change, sadly.

The most shocking thing to me is that people are flocking to Florida at such a rate. Texas too. I get it, people like no income tax. You can get that in Arizona or Nevada without massive power outages or hurricanes.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
The most shocking thing to me is that people are flocking to Florida at such a rate. Texas too. I get it, people like no income tax. You can get that in Arizona or Nevada without massive power outages or hurricanes.
We still have an income tax, albeit a flat rate now.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
My parents have decided to do the sensible thing and evacuate. It will be very crowded here later today - five adults and two dogs in a two bedroom apartment. :laugh:
good deal. be careful down there. I have a bad feeling about this one. I think even my brother in Boca is going to get some of the eastern side of this shit.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
good deal. be careful down there. I have a bad feeling about this one. I think even my brother in Boca is going to get some of the eastern side of this shit.

Yeah, this one is potentially frightening. The swell could be over 10' from Charlotte Harbor to above Tampa Bay. With the damage from Helene, they're still trying to get things cleaned up or there is about to be a bunch of debris shoved around dangerously when this one hits in places like Pinellas County.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Good lord. It's a Cat 5. I knew the warm waters were gonna strengthen it but this looks scary as hell. You all on the West Coast be safe.

I'm not that far above him. I'm more concerned about the people living where this monster will make landfall though.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
We're hunkered down. Brand new concrete block house, with concrete tile roofing and hurricane-rated windows, in Zone C. Surge will not be an issue. Storm drainage has been flawless thus far.

Zero intention of moving elsewhere, but I must confess to a touch of hurricane fatigue after glancing blows from Debby (almost a foot of rain here though) and Helene, and now being in Milton's crosshairs in less than 6 months of residency in the Sunshine Hurricane State.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
We're hunkered down. Brand new concrete block house, with concrete tile roofing and hurricane-rated windows, in Zone C. Surge will not be an issue. Storm drainage has been flawless thus far.

Zero intention of moving elsewhere, but I must confess to a touch of hurricane fatigue after glancing blows from Debby (almost a foot of rain here though) and Helene, and now being in Milton's crosshairs in less than 6 months of residency in the Sunshine Hurricane State.
Be safe . You poor folk on the west coast have gotten it rough. Even worse than we did back in 04 and 05 when Franics and Jeane hit 3 weeks apart and then Wilma a year later. Those were all Cat 3 . What you all have been through this past year has been much much worse.

Now that I think about it , the west coast had it rough back then as well. With Hurricane Charlie and I think Ivan was the other one that hit that same year as well.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
Be safe . You poor folk on the west coast have gotten it rough. Even worse than we did back in 04 and 05 when Franics and Jeane hit 3 weeks apart and then Wilma a year later. Those were all Cat 3 . What you all have been through this past year has been much much worse.

Now that I think about it , the west coast had it rough back then as well. With Hurricane Charlie and I think Ivan was the other one that hit that same year as well.
Thank you. You be safe as well. The entire peninsula will be affected in some fashion. Best wishes to all my HF Sabres Florida bros.

We have many neighbors with longstanding Florida experience, both native Floridians and longtime transplants. They're all quite reassuring about our situation here. Watching 100+ mph winds rocket around the neighborhood will be, ummm, exhilarating nonetheless.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Ivan and Idalia in recent years were nasty. Michael was another that spun up quickly due to the Gulf temps, went in near the panhandle.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The storm is a cat 5 now but is forecast to drop to a cat 3 by landfall. Still dangerous, they said because the angle it's coming in will dive a poop ton of ocean onshore. Stay safe Floridians

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The storm is a cat 5 now but is forecast to drop to a cat 3 by landfall. Still dangerous, they said because the angle it's coming in will dive a poop ton of ocean onshore. Stay safe Floridians

Surge takes a long time to dissipate. The amount of surf being pushed ahead of this is not going to immediately shift down which is one of the biggest issues. Possible surge of over 10' for Pinellas, Hillsborough, Sarasota and Manatee counties from the current info is going to push into zone C in most of those places. It's going to be bad.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Storm surge is always one of the most harmful aspects of a strong storm like this. It's a killer for people right on the coast.

Reactions: BB79 and Chainshot

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
btw I keep talking about only the west coast but it looks like most of Central Florida will be smacked as well. Hope you all in Orlando and the rest stay safe as well when it cuts across. Probably going to come out at the Space Coast on the other side.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
btw I keep talking about only the west coast but it looks like most of Central Florida will be smacked as well. Hope you all in Orlando and the rest stay safe as well when it cuts across. Probably going to come out at the Space Coast on the other side.

I'm heading down to get my daughter from her school in Orlando. The GF's family is all in the path in central too, except her youngest who has the grandbaby. That one and her BF are up in Memphis now so mostly out of the way of these sort of things, thankfully.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I'm heading down to get my daughter from her school in Orlando. The GF's family is all in the path in central too, except her youngest who has the grandbaby. That one and her BF are up in Memphis now so mostly out of the way of these sort of things, thankfully.
Good man. Get her out of the path. Sounds like you will have a full house with her and your parents. At least you know they will be safe now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad