OT: OT Thread, Winter Edition(2nd Fall for Georgians)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
24-72hrs i should get results.

I’m going to be coming out of Quarantine tomorrow and haven’t got my results yet. I had initially taken a rapid test which was positive on day 4 after catching it. I new I had it so I isolated and booked an appointment over the phone. I was tested Christmas Eve and am waiting to get the official word.

I guess it’s been about 5 days but I understand. The testing system has been overwhelmed with people. The line ups have been hours in the freezing cold.

I couldn’t believe how patient and friendly the people were that swabbed me. They must be exhausted and yet there we were laughing and joking.

I thanked them all for the hard work they are doing through the holidays. It’s humbling to see people grind their way through those relentless line ups.

Reactions: Puckatron 3000

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m going to be coming out of Quarantine tomorrow and haven’t got my results yet. I had initially taken a rapid test which was positive on day 4 after catching it. I new I had it so I isolated and booked an appointment over the phone. I was tested Christmas Eve and am waiting to get the official word.

I guess it’s been about 5 days but I understand. The testing system has been overwhelmed with people. The line ups have been hours in the freezing cold.

I couldn’t believe how patient and friendly the people were that swabbed me. They must be exhausted and yet there we were laughing and joking.

I thanked them all for the hard work they are doing through the holidays. It’s humbling to see people grind their way through those relentless line ups.
My daughter started feeling sick around 8pm on Tuesday, December 21. I took her to the UofM walk-in testing site on Research Road on Wednesday, December 22nd at around Noon (took about 30 minutes total in-and-out...it was pretty pleasant outside at the time). Aaaand we got her results back yesterday, 7 days later (positive).

So when you hear 1,123 new cases today in Manitoba (764 in Winnipeg), realize a lot of those cases are actually from tests done before Christmas. And with a TP% of 27.3% (!) we're missing a lot more. I mean A LOT...between capacity issues and asymptomatic infections, there could be 10,000+ new cases per day in Winnipeg right now.

Anyway, this is why Omicron seems to burn itself out fairly quickly. Let's hope it doesn't burn our health care system to the ground in the meantime.

BTW: No one else in the house has had any symptoms. Knock on wood. Everyone's double-vaccinated, and my son, my wife and I all had boosters shortly before my daughter reported feeling ill. We've got some windows open (the furnace never shuts off and the humidity in here is 8%). Daughter has access to a bathroom no one else is using right now.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My daughter started feeling sick around 8pm on Tuesday, December 21. I took her to the UofM walk-in testing site on Research Road on Wednesday, December 22nd at around Noon (took about 30 minutes total in-and-out...it was pretty pleasant outside at the time). Aaaand we got her results back yesterday, 7 days later (positive).

So when you hear 1,123 new cases today in Manitoba (764 in Winnipeg), realize a lot of those cases are actually from tests done before Christmas. And with a TP% of 27.3% (!) we're missing a lot more. I mean A LOT...between capacity issues and asymptomatic infections, there could be 10,000+ new cases per day in Winnipeg right now.

Anyway, this is why Omicron seems to burn itself out fairly quickly. Let's hope it doesn't burn our health care system to the ground in the meantime.

BTW: No one else in the house has had any symptoms. Knock on wood. Everyone's double-vaccinated, and my son, my wife and I all had boosters shortly before my daughter reported feeling ill. We've got some windows open (the furnace never shuts off and the humidity in here is 8%). Daughter has access to a bathroom no one else is using right now.

Neither of my kids got it.

When I was still asymptomatic and before I had any awareness (2days after contact) I gave it to at least two people that I know of. Fricken Omicron is so infectious.

The other Under reported stat will be people who just don’t get the test but know they are sick. If you have all the symptoms, get a positive rapid test, and you have family members who are positive do people bother going to a facility or do you just quarantine?

I know people who are skipping the line ups and going strait to quarantine.

I knew I had it but got tested to be sure.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island

Woah, that's really dry air. Scientifically speaking, the ideal level should be 45-55% - both too low or too high humidity can increase the spread of viruses in particular, and that dry air can wreak havoc on skin. We have 2 portable humidifiers running 24/7 and a built-in humidifier in our furnace and can barely keep our Rh at 40-45%, but we're doing our best. I miss my floor heat from my old house... NG forced air heat is terrible for humidity.

Reactions: Gm0ney

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tie game Bengals have the ball on the goal line with 45 seconds left vs the Chiefs and instead of taking the field goal to go up by 3 they gamble and get stuffed??? Saved by a penalty. What a bizarre sequence of events.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Specialty pizza choices -- "Chicken Alfredo" and "Mexican". Two 12-inches were $33 plus tax, tip, and delivery.

Just eating the “Mexican” from The St Anne’s location and I’m really really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation Alpha!!

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Just eating the “Mexican” from The St Anne’s location and I’m really really enjoying it. Thanks for the recommendation Alpha!!

Hey, glad you liked it! I know some of their 'specialty' pizzas are a bit off the beaten track, but by and large they're all tasty. Have had both the Mac & Cheese and the Breakfast Pizza and the Jerk Chicken -- all are amazing.

Reactions: Jets 31 and ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hey, glad you liked it! I know some of their 'specialty' pizzas are a bit off the beaten track, but by and large they're all tasty. Have had both the Mac & Cheese and the Breakfast Pizza and the Jerk Chicken -- all are amazing.

I will be working my way through the menu. Very clean place and good staff which is tough to pull off these days.

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

One quick follow up. I had saved two pieces and ate them last night and its probably the best day after pizza I have had. Usually crust on almost all pizza doesn't do well on the quick microwave reheat but their crust really holds up well.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
One quick follow up. I had saved two pieces and ate them last night and its probably the best day after pizza I have had. Usually crust on almost all pizza doesn't do well on the quick microwave reheat but their crust really holds up well.

Like revenge, day old pizza is a dish best served cold. :nod:

Reactions: ps241

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
You re-heat left over pizza? o_O

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well, now I see the problem. You put it in the fridge. Just leave it sitting out on the coffee table like normal people. :laugh:

My wife believes everything eventually leads to death so I think its either fridge or I get the electric chair. When I get a chance I will try that though it sounds way better.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad