OT: Severe Weather Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Makes sense. So you are expecting 2 feet across Long Island? What about more specifically long beach.

Dude -- there is a boatload of snow, with tons of wind.

Do you really think that anyone has narrowed it down to a town by town breakdown???

:shakehead

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Makes sense. So you are expecting 2 feet across Long Island? What about more specifically long beach.

Well 18 inches isnt two feet. But im saying 18 inches easy in some locations. There will be flooding as well, in long beach as well. Shouldnt be major, though, but i cant know for sure.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Dude -- there is a boatload of snow, with tons of wind.

Do you really think that anyone has narrowed it down to a town by town breakdown???

:shakehead

Long Island is about 120 miles wide. That's a huge difference. I was just taking about southern Nassau in general, but stated long beach. Many snow storms are predicted to drop a different amount of snow throughout different areas of Long Island.

I'm asking a guy that has been posting like crazy about this storm a question. Relax yourself.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Looks ominous:
TotalSnowFall_Legend.png

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Im not even sure if i doubt the nam at this point. 33 inches in western suffolk. Just monster storm people.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
As the storm is progressing and the new models coming in it looks like long island could end up with dc snow totals.

I already said it. Long island is the jackpot for this storm. I have no issues saying that long island gets more snow than baltimore. Unreal numbers coming in with these models. And they are all in agreement too.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
I would not be surprised if a foot of snow falls before 4 pm saturday, and thats just when this gets going.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
What can I expect up here in the Hudson Valley? All the news stations have been saying anywhere from 1-8 inches but the storm appears to be tracking further north.

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014

.....lol?

And yes, that is basically 30+ inches island wide. City is getting smoked.

Last edited:

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
NOAA officially ups totals on Long Island to 18-24 inches. Some of you are going to deal with 30 inches of snow tomorrow. Good luck. I expect several towns on LI to report 3 ft of snow. Powerhouse blizzard on our hands. Incredible!!

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Truly epic shift in this storm brings an enormous...i mean completely Tonelli to Nystrom moment for long island...Some models are progging a historic snow band from late morning to early afternoon, epic snows, thundersnow...the works...1-2 feet and more in spots likely across the island. A 100 mile shift in the storm took us from ZERO to THIS.

Unbelievable.

I really cant believe some of the things ive seen on the models. I only hope they dont verify because that would be truly horrendous.

Stay safe...

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
Hey TeamKidd, do I get a medal or something lol

This may go down as the fiercest winter storm of our generation. The snow totals coming in on these models are insane. Hurricane force winds tomorrow. Bands that can drop 5 inches in an hour.

There are going to be widespread outages tomorrow. I hope people are prepared.

There are going to be a ton of people in baltimore tomorrow who are confused, and people on LI who cant believe their eyes. Mother nature people!

Last edited:

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Truly epic shift in this storm brings an enormous...i mean completely Tonelli to Nystrom moment for long island...Some models are progging a historic snow band from late morning to early afternoon, epic snows, thundersnow...the works...1-2 feet and more in spots likely across the island. A 100 mile shift in the storm took us from ZERO to THIS.

Unbelievable.

I really cant believe some of the things ive seen on the models. I only hope they dont verify because that would be truly horrendous.

Stay safe...

GFS/ECMWF have held pretty steady. NAM could definitely be getting some convective feedback.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
GFS/ECMWF have held pretty steady. NAM could definitely be getting some convective feedback.

NAM is always overdone, but i wouldnt call the GFS as having stayed steady. Its now closing in on 1.5" + for LI, yesterday it was .75. SREF is just...i cant even..

I cant fathom some of these snowfall totals, only because history tells me, these things dont happen on LI....so likely they wont, but even if they come close...its still a major major snowstorm

PS, looking at the radar coming out of virginia, i wouldnt call that convective feedback...id just call it convection....35-45dbz's headed straight for DCA/BMI...

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Hey TeamKidd, do I get a medal or something lol

This may go down as the fiercest winter storm of our generation. The snow totals coming in on these models are insane. Hurricane force winds tomorrow. Bands that can drop 5 inches in an hour.

There are going to be widespread outages tomorrow. I hope people are prepared.

There are going to be a ton of people in baltimore tomorrow who are confused, and people on LI who cant believe their eyes. Mother nature people!

You get a medal when it's over lol. Lets see how it evolves but it's looking pretty silly right now.

LOL at Lonnie Quinn calling for 4-8" on LI this afternoon on 660WFAN. what a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad