OT: OT - NFL HFLeaf thread

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Ravens (Texans will cover)
49ers (Packers will cover)
Bucs in OT
Chiefs
I’d love to see Texans pull it off, maybe two weeks off for Baltimore and they will be rusty, I think it happens

Bills over Chiefs

Lions in a cakewalk

49ers should wallop Green Bay, unless the Purdy vs Baltimore shows up

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I’d love to see Texans pull it off, maybe two weeks off for Baltimore and they will be rusty, I think it happens

Bills over Chiefs

Lions in a cakewalk

It seemed to hurt GB all the time.

Considering Jackson and most of the starters didn't play the final week of the season, it has been almost 3 weeks since they have played.

I think Hou has a chance. Stroud is fun to watch play

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm just a casual fan, can someone enlighten me as to how serious the Bills injuries are? It sounds pretty bad, 9 players questionable for Sunday WTF? But I don't know if they're all-stars or scrubs. I think I saw that they're missing multiple linebackers and cornerbacks, if they're starters that's pretty bad. I assume they need to get healthy fast to have any shot at winning the Super Bowl, if anyone can fill in some blanks for me I'd appreciate it.

I've already bet on BUF/SF to win their conferences and then to win the SB, betting more on those teams seems pointless and I don't care much about the other teams (though obviously hoping for BAL to be taken out) though I am tempted to take my last 29 dollars in my account and put it on the Bills, we'll see. I wouldn't mind betting it on the Leafs but they're just so un predictable, I can't bring myself to do it.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm just a casual fan, can someone enlighten me as to how serious the Bills injuries are? It sounds pretty bad, 9 players questionable for Sunday WTF? But I don't know if they're all-stars or scrubs. I think I saw that they're missing multiple linebackers and cornerbacks, if they're starters that's pretty bad. I assume they need to get healthy fast to have any shot at winning the Super Bowl, if anyone can fill in some blanks for me I'd appreciate it.

I've already bet on BUF/SF to win their conferences and then to win the SB, betting more on those teams seems pointless and I don't care much about the other teams (though obviously hoping for BAL to be taken out) though I am tempted to take my last 29 dollars in my account and put it on the Bills, we'll see. I wouldn't mind betting it on the Leafs but they're just so un predictable, I can't bring myself to do it.
They were already pretty thin in the secondary and at LB before last game due to injuries, and it only got worse after the game. Still think they can beat KC though

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

Bills suck and never bet against Mahomes.

Reactions: ClarkSittler
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives

Bills over Chiefs

Lions in a cakewalk

Just not sure how the Lions will adjust against a good run defense. Bucs secondary has been getting torched all year but I don't trust Goff to put the game out of reach. I think Bucs will hang around....and picked them to win in OT for fun lol

I see the Packers keeping the game close with their hot offense. Should be a shootout

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Just not sure how the Lions will adjust against a good run defense. Bucs secondary has been getting torched all year but I don't trust Goff to put the game out of reach. I think Bucs will hang around....and picked them to win in OT for fun lol

I see the Packers keeping the game close with their hot offense. Should be a shootout
Lions O line vs Bucs D line will be a good battle

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

1specter

Sep 27, 2016

They're particularly thin at cornerback / defensive back and linebacker positions. Taron Johnson got injured against the Steelers and went into concussion protocol, Rasul Douglas didn't play and Christian Benford has also been injured. These are their 3 starting cornerbacks. Obviously, this affects their passing defense significantly.

Linebacker is a mess. Their starting Outside Linebacker who is all-star level, Matt Milano, has been out since November and is done for the year. Bernard who was having a great season and is their starting Middle Linebacker got carted off against the Steelers with what looks to be an ankle sprain, Tyrel Dodson who is the starting weak side LB was out and his backup Baylon Spector also got injured against the Steelers lol. They are also missing a decent Safety with Taylor Rapp out last game.

Now, from what it sounds like, Dodson and Douglas are hopeful to return Sunday which is a big boost, and it sounds like Spector could also be available which gives them some options with LB. Rapp could also return. Taron Johnson, Benford and Bernard are huge losses though, Johnson could come back if he gets out of concussion protocol but that's not a guarantee, and I don't think we'll be seeing Bernard or Benford again unless the Bills go to the SB. Dodson, Douglas and Johnson took part in limited practice today.

Not all hope is lost, and the Bills have done well with a 'next man up' mentality on defense making lots of adjustments throughout the year with injuries, but after a certain point that can only take you so far. If they can at least get 2-3 of these guys back it will help them a ton.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They're particularly thin at cornerback / defensive back and linebacker positions. Taron Johnson got injured against the Steelers and went into concussion protocol, Rasul Douglas didn't play and Christian Benford has also been injured. These are their 3 starting cornerbacks. Obviously, this affects their passing defense significantly.

Linebacker is a mess. Their starting Outside Linebacker who is all-star level, Matt Milano, has been out since November and is done for the year. Bernard who was having a great season and is their starting Middle Linebacker got carted off against the Steelers with what looks to be an ankle sprain, Tyrel Dodson who is the starting weak side LB was out and his backup Baylon Spector also got injured against the Steelers lol. They are also missing a decent Safety with Taylor Rapp out last game.

Now, from what it sounds like, Dodson and Douglas are hopeful to return Sunday which is a big boost, and it sounds like Spector could also be available which gives them some options with LB. Rapp could also return. Taron Johnson, Benford and Bernard are huge losses though, Johnson could come back if he gets out of concussion protocol but that's not a guarantee, and I don't think we'll be seeing Bernard or Benford again unless the Bills go to the SB. Dodson, Douglas and Johnson took part in limited practice today.

Not all hope is lost, and the Bills have done well with a 'next man up' mentality on defense making lots of adjustments throughout the year with injuries, but after a certain point that can only take you so far. If they can at least get 2-3 of these guys back it will help them a ton.
Wow, and Yikes!!

Ty sir for that very thorough overview. They clearly have a lot of heart to play the way they've been despite all these setbacks, making their fans proud. Too bad they're not healthier, then they'd be even more dangerous!

Go Bills!!

Reactions: 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Wow, and Yikes!!

Ty sir for that very thorough overview. They clearly have a lot of heart to play the way they've been despite all these setbacks, making their fans proud. Too bad they're not healthier, then they'd be even more dangerous!

Go Bills!!
Josh Allen is the great equalizer. He is a top 3 QB in the NFL arguably and can singlehandedly take over a game. He had an incredible performance against KC in 2022 in the infamous '13 seconds game', but his defense really let him down failing to make critical stops. Hopefully it's not a repeat of that again... they even changed the OT rules because of that game.

Reactions: ACC1224

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Josh Allen is the great equalizer. He is a top 3 QB in the NFL arguably and can singlehandedly take over a game. He had an incredible performance against KC in 2022 in the infamous '13 seconds game', but his defense really let him down failing to make critical stops. Hopefully it's not a repeat of that again... they even changed the OT rules because of that game.
Yeah, I remember that one only too well. It feels like BUF could beat KC but going all the way with all their injuries might be asking a bit much. But whatever, one game at a time.

Reactions: Jojalu and 1specter

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, I remember that one only too well. It feels like BUF could beat KC but going all the way with all their injuries might be asking a bit much. But whatever, one game at a time.
The difference this time is that they will be playing in Buffalo for once. KC also had a poor record against playoff teams this season, ironically the only playoff team they beat was the Dolphins.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The difference this time is that they will be playing in Buffalo for once. KC also had a poor record against playoff teams this season, ironically the only playoff team they beat was the Dolphins.
Yeah KC doesn't seem to be as strong as in previous years, and oh yeah, having the game at home is sweet!!

I heard some rumblings that bad weather could postpone the game again, I sure hope not!

Reactions: 1specter

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This Saturday night apparently isn't the best time to be both a Leafs and 49ers fan, eh? My bad!

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Don't forget their All Pro Cornerback Tre'Davious White is out and has been injured most of the year. So technically down to their 5th string CB. Just the thought that Elam could be their #1 Corner is frightening. I don't care that he had that pick last week the guy is just brutal.

Also Sam Martin Punting isn't at full health, he looked okay in the second half but who knows how that felt the next morning and all week. Bass was bad last week kicking, don't know what was going through his head but it's a concern if he doesn't figure that out.

Last edited:

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
The money lines opened up at 1.16 for both Baltimore and San Francisco at home tomorrow. Not sold on Baltimore. Stroud can carry his momentum over before Jackson even gets rolling and I'd have another favorite blow up in my face.

I like SF and Detroit so far. Buffalo is my heart pick but my brain is telling me KC takes advantage of the injuries.

God I love playoff football. Exciting games all around.

Reactions: ACC1224 and Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad