OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
edman is gonna win NLCS mvp i think

great trade Mo!

Yes because Tommy Edman is the middle of the order bat we desperately need.

Getting Fedde back for him was a good decision, if we cut ties from a couple of Mikolas, Matz, Gibson, Lynn if not all of them. He’s a pretty solid #3.

We’ve ran the Edman experiment for years. He’s a really good baseball player. He’s not a great hitter. You have more than 2 or 3 of those in the lineup, and it makes your team pretty easy to game plan against. He’s probably the 8th best hitter on the Dodgers. If you can make that happen you’re in a good spot.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yes because Tommy Edman is the middle of the order bat we desperately need.

Getting Fedde back for him was a good decision, if we cut ties from a couple of Mikolas, Matz, Gibson, Lynn if not all of them. He’s a pretty solid #3.

We’ve ran the Edman experiment for years. He’s a really good baseball player. He’s not a great hitter. You have more than 2 or 3 of those in the lineup, and it makes your team pretty easy to game plan against. He’s probably the 8th best hitter on the Dodgers. If you can make that happen you’re in a good spot.
But we won't cut ties from them. They are going to feed Mikolas & Matz atleast 200 innings between them.

Mo got hosed, AGAIN!

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
Bloom decided to hire a young guy from Cleveland, Rob Cerfolio, to be their assistant GM. Brant Brown (once highly regarded, but has struggled since) and Jon Jay (yes, our Jon Jay) to be the hitting coach and outfield coach, respectively; Willie McGee is being moved into a special assistant to the GM role.

I'm a fan of all of those moves, and it's what I've been screaming to do for ages: hire from outside.

Reactions: BleedBlue14

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Bloom decided to hire a young guy from Cleveland, Rob Cerfolio, to be their assistant GM. Brant Brown (once highly regarded, but has struggled since) and Jon Jay (yes, our Jon Jay) to be the hitting coach and outfield coach, respectively; Willie McGee is being moved into a special assistant to the GM role.

I'm a fan of all of those moves, and it's what I've been screaming to do for ages: hire from outside.
I don't really know anything about these guys (other than JJ of course) so hard to really have an opinion on the hires, but I do agree that I am glad they are bringing in people from outside the orginization.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I don't really know anything about these guys (other than JJ of course) so hard to really have an opinion on the hires, but I do agree that I am glad they are bringing in people from outside the orginization.

Cleveland has one of the best prospect pools in the majors, they've built things the right way in Latin America as well, and they're heavy on analytics. I'm good with it.

Brant Brown was apparently a well-regarded hitting coach at one time with the Dodgers. Ran into issues with the Mariners and Marlins, but I hope a fresh start helps him.

Jon Jay's likely our outfield assistant, and I'm fine with that. Willie McGee is probably still going to be an instructor.

Also, don't expect these to be our last moves: apparently, Chaim Bloom wants to really revamp our prospect system, try to find ways to work, and we still need to replace Gary LaRocque as the Director of Player Development.

Right now, I'm fine with these moves. It shows that they're doing something different. Now they need to get good deals for whomever they're trading and definitely get a haul for Helsley, at the very least (if not Arenado, Gray, and Contreras as well).

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Cleveland has one of the best prospect pools in the majors, they've built things the right way in Latin America as well, and they're heavy on analytics. I'm good with it.

Brant Brown was apparently a well-regarded hitting coach at one time with the Dodgers. Ran into issues with the Mariners and Marlins, but I hope a fresh start helps him.

Jon Jay's likely our outfield assistant, and I'm fine with that. Willie McGee is probably still going to be an instructor.

Also, don't expect these to be our last moves: apparently, Chaim Bloom wants to really revamp our prospect system, try to find ways to work, and we still need to replace Gary LaRocque as the Director of Player Development.

Right now, I'm fine with these moves. It shows that they're doing something different. Now they need to get good deals for whomever they're trading and definitely get a haul for Helsley, at the very least (if not Arenado, Gray, and Contreras as well).

Love the youth movement in the front office. Regardless if it works out really well or not. These are young guys with experience in organizations that have been leaders towards analytics/player development. This is a really good sign towards new ideology in our player development which was desperately needed.

We've been good at getting guys who are major league average, and honestly really good at it. But we have been absolutely awful at pushing guys over that hump and turning out significant talent while they are still within the organization. Fresh ideas, from knowledgeable sources is never a bad thing.

Reactions: Memento

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad