OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Yea hes getting Shildt'd by Bowtie boy for sure.

Can't have people who call out Mozaliek for being a total failure around
It’s not the worst idea to trade him and let Pages/Herrera play catcher. So unless they want him to DH the whole time, it might not be bad idea depending on return. But yeah Mo definitely isn’t happy about this one lol

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yea hes getting Shildt'd by Bowtie boy for sure.

Can't have people who call out Mozaliek for being a total failure around
Their usage and deployment of Contreras is an embarrassment. The Cardinals organization is a joke. Then again, I am willing to wager that there are other precipitating factors of which we are not aware that compel Mo and Co. to field such a terrible product. Politics.

Gorman was sent to AAA, right? That dude sucks.

Reactions: TheDizee

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
LOL

President of baseball operations John Mozeliak and manager Oliver Marmol will return for 2025 in their roles, the Cardinals told the Post-Dispatch. Adjustments are planned within the front office and organization to include investment in player development and technology, expanding staff and increased influence for executive Chaim Bloom among other moves. As Mozeliak said in a phone interview Sunday with the Post-Dispatch: “Changes are coming.”
“We’re shifting to a heavy emphasis that puts it back on scouting and player development,” Mozeliak said. “I would say that over the past 10 years or so we’ve run a lean operation, and part of that was to allow us to maximize success at the major-league level. But over time you learn that machine can wear down. It’s just not producing at the level it once did. That’s not to say our minor leagues are in disarray. But an emphasis on infrastructure is something we have been taking a very serious look at.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Things are going to change. "Trust us."

I will not attend another game until Mozeliak is gone. What we've witnessed is a complete and total organizational failure all because the people at the top are too stubborn to accept that they're not the smartest guys in the room. It started when they fired Shildt who dared to challenge their thought processes.

Pure arrogance lead to the destruction of one of baseball's most iconic franchises and now ownership is going to put their faith in the same people to somehow make the moves that need to be made to alter that course.

This is where teams end up in the basement for a decade or more. Somebody wake me up when they do what everyone knows they need to do.

Reactions: TheDizee and Spear

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014

LOL!

Things are going to change. "Trust us."

I will not attend another game until Mozeliak is gone. What we've witnessed is a complete and total organizational failure all because the people at the top are too stubborn to accept that they're not the smartest guys in the room. It started when they fired Shildt who dared to challenge their thought processes.

Pure arrogance lead to the destruction of one of baseball's most iconic franchises and now ownership is going to put their faith in the same people to somehow make the moves that need to be made to alter that course.

This is where teams end up in the basement for a decade or more. Somebody wake me up when they do what everyone knows they need to do.
They are going to struggle to fill 25k consistently during the week next year and I am going to love every minute of it aslong as Bowtie boy is here.

We are the Redwings of the 2010s, Steelers of the recent few years. A team that is awful and stuck in the past of their winning days with no future at all.

Reactions: Fez Whatley

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's a somewhat interesting quote. He's either calling out ownership for forcing him to run a lean organization and sacrafice the thing that made us special or it's the opposite and it's just a complete joke as he's the one making those decisions and putting us in the position that we are in. I'd lean towards it's a bit of both, budget was probably tighter than he would've preferred, but he made dumb decisions in managing the budget.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
That press conference was trainwreck. If the Ownership's goal was to inspire confidence going forward. Mission failed miserably.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
They are so delusional it seems, I don't understand it at all. I forget the exact quote but Mo said something along the lines of "Just because we are making changes doesn't mean that we weren't doing it right." So arrogant he could never even admit he was wrong about anything. I don't know why they don't just cut the cord now with Mo and Marmol, it makes no sense to bring them back for another year if they are tearing it down and starting over.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Feel like it's going to be a long and rough road ahead of us.
It will and the funny thing is, they seem to have no urgency trying to make sure we start building ASAP seeing as Bowtie boy is staying lol.

This idiotic regime shall now be known as the Gaslight Gang!

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
My favorite part was when a reporter commented on the attendance being down and asked what improvements they were going to make bring them back. They immediately started talking about improving the in house experience not the on field product. As if anyone gives two shits about that. Improve the team and fans will come back, it's a simple f***ing concept.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
This inspires zero confidence right now.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of Mozeliak's arrogant condescension. We should've been rebuilding a long time ago, should've realized that this team needed to fix things a long time ago, and now we're starting? You say that we stopped paying attention to our farm system over our major league team, and yet competitive teams - teams currently in the playoffs - never stopped paying attention to their farm systems, did they not? There aren't any changes after two horrid years, with bad free agent decisions, with players questioning the front office, with pitching and offense sucking balls, and you say that things are going to be all right, that there's no course correction, that Mozeliak will just take over Assistant GMing duties in 2026 instead of firing him like you should've?

It reeks of excuses. The whole, "We need gambling to increase payroll" disgusts me as well. It's f***ing greed, is what it is. I've always supported ownership to an extent, said it could always be worse. This f***ing disgusts me. If you aren't going to pay for a better team and use gambling as an excuse, then sell it to someone who will give a f*** about this team!

They are going to have to really, really win the trades that everyone says they're going to make if they want my attention because this inspires no confidence in them making this team respectable.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
This inspires zero confidence right now.

Quite frankly, I'm sick of Mozeliak's arrogant condescension. We should've been rebuilding a long time ago, should've realized that this team needed to fix things a long time ago, and now we're starting? You say that we stopped paying attention to our farm system over our major league team, and yet competitive teams - teams currently in the playoffs - never stopped paying attention to their farm systems, did they not? There aren't any changes after two horrid years, with bad free agent decisions, with players questioning the front office, with pitching and offense sucking balls, and you say that things are going to be all right, that there's no course correction, that Mozeliak will just take over Assistant GMing duties in 2026 instead of firing him like you should've?

It reeks of excuses. The whole, "We need gambling to increase payroll" disgusts me as well. It's f***ing greed, is what it is. I've always supported ownership to an extent, said it could always be worse. This f***ing disgusts me. If you aren't going to pay for a better team and use gambling as an excuse, then sell it to someone who will give a f*** about this team!

They are going to have to really, really win the trades that everyone says they're going to make if they want my attention because this inspires no confidence in them making this team respectable.

Honestly I just hope the DeWitt's sell the team at this point. That is only way I see things changing. They have very clear, the prioritize profit over competitiveness. They are ecstatic to go into a youth movement because youth generally doesn't get paid a lot. They are going to slash payroll in coming years and then set it as the new standard. The DeWitt's will be the death of Cardinals baseball.

The only silver lining to this is that this is a sports town. If fans aren't spending those dollars on the Cardinals it will shift to the Blues and STL City. Stillman is excellent owner and despite tons of criticism we give him Army has given a very clear vision for the Blues, fans recognize and understand this.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I think when it became clear to the Dewitt's that TV rights money was going to cease being a cash-cow continuum in perpetuity it changed the calculation internally...but I mean it's ridiculous that an organization that would probably be valued at $3 billion on the market can't spend lavishly on both the major league & minor league/player development operations. Katie Woo's article in the The Athletic was pretty damning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad