Oshawa Generals 2024-25 Season Thread, Part 1

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ritchie scores his first career NHL goal/point but then is played the least that he's been played in any of the 3 games.

His TOI per game:
Game 1: 16:05 (6th among COL Fs)
Game 2: 15:10 (6th among COL Fs)
Game 3 (tonight): 13:07 (9th among COL Fs)

And 3 minutes of that 13:07 came at the end of the game with a very long 6-on-5 with the goalie out

yessir29292

Dec 11, 2021
Clearly the losses of Ritchie, Roobroeck, Rolofs, Kumpulainen, Punnet, Lockhart, Bedkowski and Desile have been nothing short of huge and the Barlow addition doesn’t come close to replacing everything. Really not surprising this team is struggling early, that said they should have more than enough talent to be a good team.

However, they winning anything in the playoffs without Ritchie coming back which I expect. Might need Roobroeck back too

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Clearly the losses of Ritchie, Roobroeck, Rolofs, Kumpulainen, Punnet, Lockhart, Bedkowski and Desile have been nothing short of huge and the Barlow addition doesn’t come close to replacing everything. Really not surprising this team is struggling early, that said they should have more than enough talent to be a good team.

However, they winning anything in the playoffs without Ritchie coming back which I expect. Might need Roobroeck back too
Kumpulainen was a shock for sure but he wasn't a world beater and was also kinda Soft. Sinivuori will do fine replacing him.

Punnet, Lockhart and Rolofs is part of the game, no surprise there.

Ritchie will be back at the end of the month

Roobroeck is getting 4th line minutes in Hartford right now so if that keeps up, he could return.

Bedkowski and Delisle, well, self explanatory.

Obviously Roobroeck coming back would be nice but for sake of argument let's say he doesn't.

Oshawa will definitely look to add an OA cause the current 3 aren't the best available. Oshawa just won't make an OA decision until Roobroeck is confirmed.

I can still see Oshawa filling out the back end with a Konnor Smith and Bronson Ride. Those 2 would definitely change the landscape of our defence and give the offence more confidence. With the way Marrelli and Sandhu are playing offensively and Danford and Svozil on defence, I can see D'Amato being part of the OA trade for Smith. I know some folks around don't see it but I guess that's just my opinion.

Ride is would be a great add of size an toughness to compliment the rest.

If those moves came true, our defence could be...

Marelli-Danford
Sandhu-Smith
Ride-Svozil

That defensive core could be the best in the league.

I also think Oshawa adds another Forward piece. Another 2C but again, depends on Roobroeck.

This team will look vastly different come mid January imo and will right the ship for the playoffs. We just need to trust the process, no matter how bleak and hard they are to watch right now.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad