Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
And don’t take what I said as an insult or anything like that. That wasn’t the intent. The whole point of this forum is to discuss these topics. Sometimes predictions are part of the discussions and they extend the discussions further. When it is a pure prediction, it isn’t often that people are exactly correct.

Donnie comes across as pretty rough around the edges but I personally don’t mind that. I can understand why some find it infuriating but some people are a bit different than others. No big deal. I try to concentrate on the substance of the message and less on the delivery. If it is an interesting topic or maybe a topic I’d like to debate, I will engage.

We don’t need to agree to have a good debate. I know many posters over time have disliked me (even many 67’s fans), mostly for holding opposing views and thinking those opposing views are more like trolling but it isn’t often I troll. I try to back it up with some sort of logical explanation. Sometimes (not often! LOL), it turns out I am wrong. I paid @ScoutLife4 $100.67 last year! I won a similar bet the previous year with a Petes supporter but didn’t get paid. C’est la vie! I don’t really care.
Can confirm this man pays his debts / is a man of his word.
I do intend to give you a chance to win that back this season somehow.
See what we can work out as the season starts.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Can confirm this man pays his debts / is a man of his word.
I do intend to give you a chance to win that back this season somehow.
See what we can work out as the season starts.

Yes. As soon as we have a better sense of the lineups teams have more secured, if there is something we disagree on, we can definitely make a wager to make the season a bit more interesting. I just sense we are a lot more closer in opinion this year than last year.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
As always, I stand behind my assessments and comments. And just as I explained weeks ago, dealing Griffin plus Bedkowski plus a half dozen 2nd and 3rd round picks for Colby Barlow would be a massive overpay.

I can’t envision Oshawa making such an asinine mistake, but then again Owen Sound gave away Porter Martone plus a 2nd round pick for Del Mastro two years ago and Kingston insisted on hanging onto Paul Ludwinski last year, so it’s not like teams don’t make catastrophic mistakes when it comes to player personnel.

Unlike some, I don’t need to be spoon fed information so I can regurgitate it on a message board - - I’m able to watch the games and formulate my own conclusions.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
As always, I stand behind my assessments and comments. And just as I explained weeks ago, dealing Griffin plus Bedkowski plus a half dozen 2nd and 3rd round picks for Colby Barlow would be a massive overpay.

I can’t envision Oshawa making such an asinine mistake, but then again Owen Sound gave away Porter Martone plus a 2nd round pick for Del Mastro two years ago and Kingston insisted on hanging onto Paul Ludwinski last year, so it’s not like teams don’t make catastrophic mistakes when it comes to player personnel.

Unlike some, I don’t need to be spoon fed information so I can regurgitate it on a message board - - I’m able to watch the games and formulate my own conclusions.
We spoon fed the Barlow trade to you and all you have done is regurgitate scenarios of it on here.
Almost seems like you enjoy knowing what's happening before it happens no?
For example if we did not spoon feed / educate you on how an ELC works then you would still not have a clue on the difference between an ELC and ATO.

The information people are bringing forward are what makes these boards interesting and has people coming back for more.
I'm not sure why you have such a problem with members creating conversation.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
We spoon fed the Barlow trade to you and all you have done is regurgitate scenarios of it on here.
Almost seems like you enjoy knowing what's happening before it happens no?
For example if we did not spoon feed / educate you on how an ELC works then you would still not have a clue on the difference between an ELC and ATO.

The information people are bringing forward are what makes these boards interesting and has people coming back for more.
I'm not sure why you have such a problem with members creating conversation.

“We”? Thanks for the laugh on that one.

I have little to no respect for someone who simply regurgitates what they been spoon fed and offers ZERO analysis on it.

Whereas I can tell you that Bedkowski is a legit top four defenseman and Owen Griffin has been a totally different player since turning the corner in late January/early February of last year and it would be a colossal overpay to send both along with a half dozen top picks away for Barlow.

It’s like when I explained how nonsensical it would be for Oshawa to keep a third line plugger as an OA instead of a top pairing PP quarterback defenseman. Something that basic should be self-evident to even novice fans or casual observers, but unfortunately someone here became enraged at my logical explanation.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Just because you think about something for a while and put some work into it doesn't mean what you come up with is valuable. Likewise, if someone puts zero effort into something but provides correct information, it does not mean that info should be less respected. You're conflating hard work with valuable work. And its was Sarnia not Owen Sound.

Reactions: tjziel

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
“We”? Thanks for the laugh on that one.

I have little to no respect for someone who simply regurgitates what they been spoon fed and offers ZERO analysis on it.

Whereas I can tell you that Bedkowski is a legit top four defenseman and Owen Griffin has been a totally different player since turning the corner in late January/early February of last year and it would be a colossal overpay to send both along with a half dozen top picks away for Barlow.

It’s like when I explained how nonsensical it would be for Oshawa to keep a third line plugger as an OA instead of a top pairing PP quarterback defenseman. Something that basic should be self-evident to even novice fans or casual observers, but unfortunately someone here became enraged at my logical explanation.
1- I'm not sure what's so funny - I literally was the one to mention Barlows agent said he was only going to Barrie or Oshawa. Aug 17th in the Ottawa 67s thread. (it has literally given us something to discuss for the past month when the forums are typically dead in the off season)

2- The trade doesn't include Grffin and is supposedly Bedkowski, Delise and Picks as mentioned by OHL4life when more details came forward.

3- I'm sure people here much rather know what's going on with their team then not know.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Just because you think about something for a while and put some work into it doesn't mean what you come up with is valuable. Likewise, if someone puts zero effort into something but provides correct information, it does not mean that info should be less respected. You're conflating hard work with valuable work. And its was Sarnia not Owen Sound.

I realize critical thinking and logic are beyond the depth of some people.

If someone just says “the score was 5-1” there’s ZERO context.

It might appear to be a blowout, but when two goals were into an empty net and the losing team was starting an emergency call up from Junior C in goal it gives context that the simple comment offering nothing but the score was lacking.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

It might appear to be a blowout, but when two goals were into an empty net and the losing team was starting an emergency call up from Junior C in goal it gives context that the simple comment offering nothing but the score was lacking.
No. This is more like someone says the score was 5-1 and you come back to say "No way it was 5-1. Team A had 5 PP's and outshot the other team by 15 shots. They have way more NHL drafted players. Come on guys. Stop regurgitating this score that you got spoon fed. I formed my own score that makes logical sense."

Reactions: dirty12

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

So essentially - if someone tells you 1+1 = 2, you refuse to believe it until you see that person write a mathematical proof?

Using your example - if someone tells you the score was 5-1 - do you not believe the score was 5-1 until you understand the full context of the game? The context of a Jr C call up in net absolutely provides more information to the statement - of course it allows the reader to have a deeper understanding of the situation, but it doesn't nullify the original statement - the fact is the score was 5-1. Why was it 5-1? Well that's because of the Jr C call-up and empty netters - but the score was still 5-1.

In these cases - people that have been vetted by mods here have information, and since they willingingly admit it's not their information since (I assume) no one here is Roger Hunt or Dale DeGray - they don't have that context.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Everyone other than the two GM’s that make the trades are regurgitating information. The only difference is how many degrees of separation are between the GM’s and the ones making the posts.

I appreciate those that provide information. I also appreciate those that provide cunning insight on different aspects of the league and its day to day results etc. We can have both. They don’t have to be mutually exclusive to each other.

I know a lot more about the league because of the things people share on here. I appreciate that. I provide my insight and many feel it is valuable as well (some don’t).

Reactions: ohloutsider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad