OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The parity in the league diluting teams that draft fairly well and "spreading the wealth" admittedly makes the game harder to watch. It's more fun to watch several really good teams than a league full of meh teams.

• Wow
Reactions: Dialamo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The East is so f***ing bad but I would laugh my balls off if the top seeds in the East got upset like they did last year.

If one of these garbage WC teams pulls off an upset in the first round it's going to be even more annoying we couldn't do shit with the opportunity they gave us to get back in it.

Doesn't matter, this team isn't going anywhere with their superstar's arm dangling off of his body. We'd just get stomped a la 2018 if we got in last second. Any 8th seeded bubble team in the East is going to get destroyed by the Rags or Boston (assuming they win the divisions)

Reactions: Guttersniped

Camille the Eel

At this point I hope we draft a player who can help sooner than later. We definitely can use center with McCloud gone.
The loss of McLeod was the shot that really killed the season. The straw that broke the back. That was the point when we became lifeless. He had really become a play driver and with the other injuries was providing the life that was left in the bottom 6. Remember the one game we did beat the Capitals.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
The East is so f***ing bad but I would laugh my balls off if the top seeds in the East got upset like they did last year.

Doesn't matter, this team isn't going anywhere with their superstar's arm dangling off of his body. We'd just get stomped a la 2018 if we got in last second. Any 8th seeded bubble team in the East is going to get destroyed by the Rags or Boston (assuming they win the divisions)
That’s what they said last year. Both of those teams where one and out.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't really trust Boston. They're really low key mediocre. And most people don't even know it and literally no one talks about it. It's been one of the league's best kept secrets.

If they go out in round one (to a lower seed) again I could see some big changes happening there. Even if the lower seed they lost to last year weren't actually a lower seed caliber team.

Could they actually lose to the Flyers/Red Wings/Capitals? I hope not, that would be pretty f***in pathetic.

Could the Rangers actually lose to any of those teams? God that would be hilarious to us and ridiculously pathetic for them.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't really trust Boston. They're really low key mediocre. And most people don't even know it and literally no one talks about it. It's been one of the league's best kept secrets.

If they go out in round one (to a lower seed) again I could see some big changes happening there. Even if the lower seed they lost to last year weren't actually a lower seed caliber team.

Could they actually lose to the Flyers/Red Wings/Capitals? I hope not, that would be pretty f***in pathetic.

Could the Rangers actually lose to any of those teams? God that would be hilarious to us and ridiculously pathetic for them.
the Bruins consistently get great team results but I agree they aren't that impressive to watch them. They just play smart in every situation but they don't often overwhelm an opponent. They are overly reliant on Pasta and McAvoy and the goaltending in my view. They also are typically already giving 100% every game and have no extra potential for the playoffs as a result. Sort of similar to Carolina in that respect.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
AJ Greer, Kevin Rooney, Blake Coleman, Yegor Sharangovich Calgary is fun to watch.

One of these is not like the other

I still don't see them getting out of the East, only way they beat Carolina is if Freddy becomes a vegetable and he's been incredible since he's came back from the blood clots. Would be borderline f***ing funny seeing them getting the Pens and Crosby/Malkin destroy them in round 1 but it would never happen

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Is it bad I wanna see the Pens in the playoffs...? I've already given up the Sullivan pipe dream at this point so seeing Sid get a chance in the playoffs would be fun, I also think they can give the Rags a run for their money round 1 if they match

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Is it bad I wanna see the Pens in the playoffs...? I've already given up the Sullivan pipe dream at this point so seeing Sid get a chance in the playoffs would be fun, I also think they can give the Rags a run for their money round 1 if they match
I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby in the playoffs....same for Ovechkin though.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY

Not sure they would be able to without Guentzel. He was great against them 2 years ago. But would be better than Detroit, Washington, Philly. I think the Islanders could give them a series too.

Reactions: Guttersniped

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Not sure they would be able to without Guentzel. He was great against them 2 years ago. But would be better than Detroit, Washington, Philly. I think the Islanders could give them a series too.

The Pens, for some reason, always play NYR pretty well. It's similar to our style but they have 2 HOFers who have torched them + the whole league. My worry would be honestly a guy like Malkin's speed in a playoff series. He looked utterly cooked in 2022 when they played and he still had a decent impact. I think the best case scenario for NYR for us is them getting taken to 7 and they walk in wounded to a Carolina series, basically what happened to us last year

I wouldn't mind seeing Crosby in the playoffs....same for Ovechkin though.

I think either of them making it would be cool and it would be a big wake up call to our management that two geriatric rosters made it over ours

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha with 2 assist gives him 55 points on the year ...back to back 36 assists seasons.

I'm glad he's found his way.... I always thought Hynes gave him a raw deal.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Zacha with 2 assist gives him 55 points on the year ...back to back 36 assists seasons.

I'm glad he's found his way.... I always thought Hynes gave him a raw deal.
Still drives me crazy he is averaging under 2 shots per game with that ice time. Nowhere good enough for a first liner. But im glad he found a home

Edit: is he second line now?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Still drives me crazy he is averaging under 2 shots per game with that ice time. Nowhere good enough for a first liner. But im glad he found a home

Edit: is he second line now?
I'm not watching right now but he was on the fist line Pastrnak and Heinen.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I couldn't care less if they made it or not.

I'd rather they get in than most of the other bubble teams for the following reasons

Washington is a disaster and really shouldn't be in the playoffs. They're definitely worse than Pittsburgh. They're an eyesore and a bad team. Then again, pretty much all of these bubble teams are bad. If everything was fair and based on strength of roster, the Devils and Penguins would probably be in the playoffs this year over whatever two out of Washington/Philly/Detroit make the playoffs.

I really don't wanna see Detroit get in. I have a desire to watch the Yzerplan burn to the ground and the weird cult all go f*** off with Marshall Applewhite on an outgoing space shuttle with Jesus.

The Flyers are BAD.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I couldn't care less if they made it or not.

I'd rather they get in than most of the other bubble teams for the following reasons

Washington is a disaster and really shouldn't be in the playoffs. They're definitely worse than Pittsburgh. They're an eyesore and a bad team. Then again, pretty much all of these bubble teams are bad. If everything was fair and based on strength of roster, the Devils and Penguins would probably be in the playoffs this year over whatever two out of Washington/Philly/Detroit make the playoffs.

I really don't wanna see Detroit get in. I have a desire to watch the Yzerplan burn to the ground and the weird cult all go f*** off with Marshall Applewhite on an outgoing space shuttle with Jesus.

The Flyers are BAD.

Yeah, that's fair. I think us having next to no rivalry with Pittsburgh makes me like them more, they've never pissed me off as a Devils fan in all my years of watching so that's something lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad