OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
The Rags defenseman inability to break out the puck from the backend is an issue in itself. Agreed that the Panthers are demolishing them but they simply can't make an outlet pass at all, pretty similar to what happened to our dmen versus Carolina. Your star forwards can't do anything if they turn their heads and back check at a moments notice.

The only puck movers they have is a one-legged Fox. It’s a massive problem.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Even with the empty netter Igor saved 2 goals above expected to keep this game close. (Might be reading natural stat trick wrong) Everyone on that roster, coaching staff, and front office should be paying him half their salary
You seriously overhype russian goalies.

With Luke, Simon, Dougie, Casey and may be Dickinson potentially(less likely but still) it shouldnt be a problem for Devils organisation for the next many years.
The opposite side could be questionable. Nemec looks like defenseman who can develop both sides of the game, but for a playoff wars it would be better to have four defensemen who can play shotdown role competently.

Last edited:

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Bruce Boudreau was on NHL radio yesterday morning and he made the point that he thinks Florida's been the better team all series, but also that he's pretty convinced a lot of the top Rags are playing hurt right now (with the obvious note that most players are hurt to *some* level this time of year). During the first period last night I started to wonder if he was wrong, since the Rags finally started looking like they were dictating play more, but man, by the third they were gassed, huh?

Now go finish them off in Sunrise, get this all over with so I can watch the Final in peace.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Bruce Boudreau was on NHL radio yesterday morning and he made the point that he thinks Florida's been the better team all series, but also that he's pretty convinced a lot of the top Rags are playing hurt right now (with the obvious note that most players are hurt to *some* level this time of year). During the first period last night I started to wonder if he was wrong, since the Rags finally started looking like they were dictating play more, but man, by the third they were gassed, huh?

Now go finish them off in Sunrise, get this all over with so I can watch the Final in peace.
seems from the 2nd period until the finish in all the games the panthers have just taken over and dominated them which is pretty remarkable considering the style they play and the amount of playoff games they played last year

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

May be, may be not, may be some panthers players are injured, may be not. Florida outplayed rangers in the season. So Florida looks and is better, especially from defensive side of the game. Of course Shestyorkin is doing great things for them, they won 4 games in overtimes against canes and panthers, its a flip coin.

Reactions: mdj12784

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
1717156765761.png

oof-disappointed.gif

Zibanejad is already 31 years old and there's still 6 more seasons at $8.5M cap hit on a ridiculously signing bonus heavy, unmovable contract.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Yeah I doubt all of Florida's players are fully healthy at this point in the playoffs either. If the Rangers key players are hurt to this extent after 1.5 rounds of the easiest playoffs you're ever going to get then they aren't durable enough to last four rounds unless they pull a 2012 Kings and the train's gone on that fantasy.

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I wonder if the Rangers' tendencies to

Gustafsson can move the puck but is so bad defensively that he can only play sheltered minutes.

Probably the reason they don't bring in Jones and sit their revolving door of 6 minute forwards.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
The Panthers will forever gain a fan if they toss the rags 🙌🏻
Me too. I really like that team already but them winning this series would be icing on the cake.

You seriously overhype russian goalies.

With Luke, Simon, Dougie, Casey and may be Dickinson potentially(less likely but still) it shouldnt be a problem for Devils organisation for the next many years.
The opposite side could be questionable. Nemec looks like defenseman who can develop both sides of the game, but for a playoff wars it would be better to have four defensemen who can play shotdown role competently.
I like balance. Thunder and lightning.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Yeah I doubt all of Florida's players are fully healthy at this point in the playoffs either. If the Rangers key players are hurt to this extent after 1.5 rounds of the easiest playoffs you're ever going to get then they aren't durable enough to last four rounds unless they pull a 2012 Kings and the train's gone on that fantasy.
Yep, they had an absolute lollipop in the first round against the Caps, got plenty of rest before facing Rawly, and even then they came dangerously close to choking that series away. The Panthers absolutely play a punishing style of hockey, but if the Rags are already worn out by it then they're just not up to snuff against a team like Florida, full stop.

Just to be clear, though, it didn't sound like Boudreau was making excuses for the Rags, more like he was trying to figure out why their top guys have looked so crappy in this series and aren't producing on the score sheet. Even this morning he was pretty emphatic in saying Florida is the better team, and that the players know it at this point, hence why he feels like the Panthers come out so strong in third periods while the Rangers keep just holding on for dear life then.

Side note, I can't stop laughing at Mika throwing his head back at the phantom elbow right before the empty netter at the end. Dude plays for the Flying Elbow Capital of the League, tries to sell like he's been shot and outright stops playing, Bennett just skates right in and seals the deal. Poetic.

I realize it's unlikely with Igor in net, but my God, I want Florida to end this with an absolute blowout on Saturday. I want it to be the kind of beating that makes the Rangers go into the offseason and decide they need to ruin their roster and goon up even more, ala Tom Wilson humiliating them. There's so much to hate about the current Rags, so seeing them meekly sent off would be cathartic.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i dont think anyone outside of ranger fans would've expected much from rempe to begin with in the playoffs those types of players aren't really for playoffs until absolutely needed when down big in the series and you need to try and change things up. regular season different story i'm still fine with the mac signing as long as he is used sparingly and not every day line up

Reactions: My3Sons

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
The Rempe stuff is so stupid. And now we signed MacDermid for 3 years over it, when I have a feeling that he will have fallen out of favor with the NHL Rangers by some point next season.

And the stupid Rempe chants are so asinine. They remind me of certain people in wrestling that are terrible and stupid characters and all the marks cheer for them because they’re faces.

like the stupid Hornswaggle character from the late 00s/early 10s.
I resent that last comment about Hornswoggle. You can’t talk that way about Vince McMahon’s illegitimate son!!

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Me too. I really like that team already but them winning this series would be icing on the cake.

I like balance. Thunder and lightning.
Yeah but every defenseman should be competent enough. We can see how one mistake can cost a lot. It could be the really one meaningful reason to win or lose a lot more games. I believe with experience of Luke and Simon this team will change a lot. But still needs more supporting cast. May be other defensemen will play a lot better when their role will be not so big. We saw it with Severson, who was great as a third pair defenseman even when his TOI was 2nd-3rd.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It is kind of crazy that Zib is the best center they've had in the 21st century.

Shesterkin is already on the verge of having done enough to have his number in the rafters, that's how absurd that franchise is.

Effectively can't draft or develop any skaters for shit, but they have had two of the best goalies of their time pushing them like Sisyphus.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah, that Panthers team is full of killers. They are the guys Kurtz was talking about at the end of Apocalypse Now.

The East is full of weak sauce teams. They're gonna lose guys to the cap but wouldn't surprise me if they're back in the ECF next year too.
So is it the Rangers or Panthers that cut off kids arms and pile them up? I can't recall that part. I was too distracted by Brando constantly pouring water over his own head and mumbling all the lines.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

How the hell are the Rags injured? They've had the easiest playoffs....or is this from end of reg season?

Reactions: mdj12784
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad