OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did Rempe play?
If 2 minutes and 43 seconds is considered playing, then yes lol.

I hope they don't consider scratching him for next game, but I'm suspecting they might. He's averaged 6:28 of ice time in the 10 playoff games before tonight.

This was his third lowest TOI for a game in his NHL career. The only 2 games he had less ice time were his 4 seconds against us on April 3rd and 13 seconds against us on February 22nd.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Rempe is a pilon who took advantage of trash teams exhausted towards the end of the season. He'll be playing in LNAH five years time.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Panthers are just so good perfectly built playoff roster. Didn’t someone say they were gassed last game? Rangers haven’t even deserved a “win” in this series it’s comical they even have two wins. Criminal they could’ve been up 3-1!

Rempe is a pilon who took advantage of trash teams exhausted towards the end of the season. He'll be playing in LNAH five years time.
Player like rempe has a place on rosters in the regular season 100% not saying play every game but picking and choosing where a player like him gets inserted absolutely. Playoffs? Maybe a super physical series if your down 2-0 and you need to try a spark or something sure.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If 2 minutes and 43 seconds is considered playing, then yes lol.

I hope they don't consider scratching him for next game, but I'm suspecting they might. He's averaged 6:28 of ice time in the 10 playoff games before tonight.

This was his third lowest TOI for a game in his NHL career. The only 2 games he had less ice time were his 4 seconds against us on April 3rd and 13 seconds against us on February 22nd.

Rempe being in is utterly hilarious. Hasn’t deterred the Panthers one iota from bullying the Rangers up and down the ice. Waste of a roster spot when you could have a better player playing closer to 10 minutes a night and doing more.

I’m sure Fitz sees what is happening and is intent on surrounding our core stars with some rough and tumblers like the Panthers have. Been fun to watch them play. Heavy forecheck and finishing every check. Rangers D corps has even getting leaned on all series and the Rangers top players up front have been MIA aside from Lafreniere and Trochek.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I liked him better when he was an anchor for the Rangers last year.

Same with Tarasenko.

Gotta disagree here, he hasn't been the best offensively but he's been great for them defensively. I get that you don't trade for Vladimir Tarasenko for good defensive play but at least he's not hurting them there. He also was the reason that lane opened up well for Lundell on the 2nd goal with the center lane drive to the net and looking for the rebound.

BTW: The Rags have 3 scripts they can pull in this series, 2012 v us where they lost on the road in a game 6, 2015 where they won a road game 6 but lost a home game 7 or 1994 where they come back down 3-2 and win the series. The betting man in me says either 2012 or 2015, I can't see Florida losing 2 straight but weirder things have happened.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Rempe being in is utterly hilarious. Hasn’t deterred the Panthers one iota from bullying the Rangers up and down the ice. Waste of a roster spot when you could have a better player playing closer to 10 minutes a night and doing more.

I’m sure Fitz sees what is happening and is intent on surrounding our core stars with some rough and tumblers like the Panthers have. Been fun to watch them play. Heavy forecheck and finishing every check. Rangers D corps has even getting leaned on all series and the Rangers top players up front have been MIA aside from Lafreniere and Trochek.

This and getting to the loose pucks along the boards more often than not. It wears down the opponent.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

This is why team toughness is so important.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Gotta disagree here, he hasn't been the best offensively but he's been great for them defensively. I get that you don't trade for Vladimir Tarasenko for good defensive play but at least he's not hurting them there. He also was the reason that lane opened up well for Lundell on the 2nd goal with the center lane drive to the net and looking for the rebound.

BTW: The Rags have 3 scripts they can pull in this series, 2012 v us where they lost on the road in a game 6, 2015 where they won a road game 6 but lost a home game 7 or 1994 where they come back down 3-2 and win the series. The betting man in me says either 2012 or 2015, I can't see Florida losing 2 straight but weirder things have happened.

With how good Shesterkin is, I can see it happening. Just don't let it get to OT. I was getting real nervous about that for this game.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The Rags defenseman inability to break out the puck from the backend is an issue in itself. Agreed that the Panthers are demolishing them but they simply can't make an outlet pass at all, pretty similar to what happened to our dmen versus Carolina. Your star forwards can't do anything if they turn their heads and back check at a moments notice.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Games 4 and 5 of this series are starting to feel like games 3 and 4 of the playoffs for the Rangers last season.

There’s the difference in that the Panthers won game 1 of this series and the Rangers were never up 2 games to 0 in this series. Only 2 games to 1.

But this is feeling a little like our series against them last year. I mean for them it is.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The Rempe stuff is so stupid. And now we signed MacDermid for 3 years over it, when I have a feeling that he will have fallen out of favor with the NHL Rangers by some point next season.

And the stupid Rempe chants are so asinine. They remind me of certain people in wrestling that are terrible and stupid characters and all the marks cheer for them because they’re faces.

like the stupid Hornswaggle character from the late 00s/early 10s.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Somehow I accidentally posted this first in the main board, when I meant for my peeps in here.

Good thing I didn’t add anything about the Rags not fit for a general audience when I did it.

IMG_7491.jpegIMG_7492.jpegIMG_7493.jpeg
(Game Score doesn’t penalize light use here so Rempe lol.)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The Rempe stuff is so stupid. And now we signed MacDermid for 3 years over it, when I have a feeling that he will have fallen out of favor with the NHL Rangers by some point next season.

And the stupid Rempe chants are so asinine. They remind me of certain people in wrestling that are terrible and stupid characters and all the marks cheer for them because they’re faces.

like the stupid Hornswaggle character from the late 00s/early 10s.
By the time that last year of MacDermid's contract rolls around he and Rempe will probably be fighting each other in the AHL lol

As somebody who once got pumped up (along with other fans) when Cam Janssen would drop the gloves I'm not going to throw too many stones here. He didn't injure players like Rempe has but he was even worse of an actual hockey player. The fact that Rempe is more of a rarity is a sign the league is moving away from that kind of stuff. But it is the NHL, so it's not going to go away entirely, at least for a while.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
By the time that last year of MacDermid's contract rolls around he and Rempe will probably be fighting each other in the AHL lol

As somebody who once got pumped up (along with other fans) when Cam Janssen would drop the gloves I'm not going to throw too many stones here. He didn't injure players like Rempe has but he was even worse of an actual hockey player. The fact that Rempe is more of a rarity is a sign the league is moving away from that kind of stuff. But it is the NHL, so it's not going to go away entirely, at least for a while.
Tomas Kaberle might disagree lol

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
Expected Goals:

4.6 - 3 in favor of FLA

Absolutely dominating series by Panthers, Igor is the difference
Even with the empty netter Igor saved 2 goals above expected to keep this game close. (Might be reading natural stat trick wrong) Everyone on that roster, coaching staff, and front office should be paying him half their salary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad