OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
The flight between Kitchener and Edmonton goes through Calgary though it is the same price as a flight from Calgary alone most of the time. It is not a great way to go to TO as you need to deal with the 401.
I travel to the Far East much anymore, mostly personal and there are more options to TO. I have flown to Sarnia too, but that was through TO. Need to go to Detroit again for a visit and will look at Kitchener or London as I don't like driving around TO.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I used to laugh and then curse when we were seated in the "no smoking" section in a restaurant. Basically, everyone sitting in the tables 5 feet from you lighting up constantly and you're right there. Such a joke. Like having a no farting section in a public bathroom.
My first ever job in high school was as a busboy at Albert's on 137th ave. Seating people in the smoking or non section always made me laugh. No barriers, just smoke everywhere. Like a peeing section in a pool haha

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Aversion to almost any fat. I don't use it. I do use Olive Oil which is heart friendlier. Never use butter or margarine in anything.

I hate butter. Mom would throw it on eveything and she was of the school of frying anything, even pancakes in left over bacon fat. yuck. heh

I think she drenched the BS in bacon fat and fried it. I retch thinking of it.
I understand but it was the key thing that made sprouts one of my favourite treats as a kid. Somehow I have never had anyone who could duplicated the taste from my mom. My wife does not like the smell even though she likes cabbage. So I seldom have them anymore.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
i know what I would do with a free gravy boat.

festive-pizza.jpeg

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I'm just old enough to remember smoking/non-smoking sections. I can't possibly envision sitting down for dinner and hacking a dart with your meal, even if you're a smoker.

Bars? Sure, but restaurants? I've been to plenty of dinners with seasoned smokers, and I don't know if any of them even go for a smoke break during a standard issue 1.5/2hr dinner. I don't think any of them would light up around a dinner table even if the option were available to begin with.

Reactions: oilers'72

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
1728679677174.png

I'm just old enough to remember smoking/non-smoking sections. I can't possibly envision sitting down for dinner and hacking a dart with your meal, even if you're a smoker.

Bars? Sure, but restaurants? I've been to plenty of dinners with seasoned smokers, and I don't know if any of them even go for a smoke break during a standard issue 1.5/2hr dinner. I don't think any of them would light up around a dinner table even if the option were available to begin with.
Lucky you didn't grow up in the seventies in a world of chain smokers. Yes they would smoke during appetizer, desert, dinner, and smoke continuously. My chain smoker parents did too while trying to enforce sit at the table dinners.

• Haha
Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad