OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The Tegler was where Zeller's downtown store was. I loved going there as a young kid because they had some arcade games right inside the doors that I use to play for a nickel I believe.
I do remember going to that downtown Zellers as a small child, I too remembered those arcade games. Would have been in the early 70’s. It wasn’t often though, we didn’t go downtown very much in those days. The place I remember more though was the cafeteria in the Met store. For the life of me though I can’t remember where exactly that was. Do you?

Reactions: oilers'72

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
We would do this all this time, not with a football, usually with a tennis ball or something similar. Really helped develop hand eye coordination.
I thought it was beneficial to my development too. Dad didn’t like the sound of the ball bouncing on the roof and disagreed. Footballs were better though. They gave trickier bounces and increased the level of difficulty.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Time for baseball tonight…

1723598695465.jpeg

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
We would do this all this time, not with a football, usually with a tennis ball or something similar. Really helped develop hand eye coordination.
It had a name to it that we yelled as you chucked the ball (kind of a warning to the other side to be ready)… G I Anti I Over is what I recall. Do not ask me what it meant. Also, thank you for 1950 construction standards, which was typically a sprawling bungalow!!

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
I do remember going to that downtown Zellers as a small child, I too remembered those arcade games. Would have been in the early 70’s. It wasn’t often though, we didn’t go downtown very much in those days. The place I remember more though was the cafeteria in the Met store. For the life of me though I can’t remember where exactly that was. Do you?
I recall the Met and Kresge stores - both were at the south end of the block where then Tegler was situated. The Met-location has the Scotia Place situated on it (parkade entrance on 101 st).
The lunch counter at the Met served my favourite burgers. On Saturdays, kids came in for fries and cokes before hitting the movies in the area.
The Kresge store was located on the current Enbridge Center site.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
That’s a nice stadium been there a few times myself! My buddy got bonked on the head by a foul ball one game lol
We were the first row behind the visitor dugout (neat perspective as you can hear the players talking to each other, remarks after their at bat etc), there were a lot of pop up fouls that get behind netting but most were higher up than we were. It would hurt to be hit by one of those.

Yes beautiful stadium for an indoor park (I’m partial to outdoor parks though), we go to 2-4 games each season here. Would love to be here next week with Ohtani coming in, but I need to get back and put money into the Canadian economy for a few months too. :)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I need to rant. One f***en black garbage bin getting picked up every two weeks isn’t enough when you have animals and a baby. Really annoying.
Sorry, not making fun of your issue and completely understand, but I think someone else on here was posting a short while ago with a rant about why they had to pick up bins so frequently. :laugh:

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Just drove across the Garman/poland at 3am.(Dresden side) Pulled into the first coffee shop and the place was packed. Everyone looked like the walking dead
Must have heard that the Blues offer sheeted 2 Oilers.

Glad to hear you are having some fun travelling. 3am? be safe on the roads.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Dude looks a lot like Kurt Russell. That’s who I thought it was until I scrolled to the bottom. I kinda felt bad for you when you said you were 8 years older than him.
Fact is that I play characters in their 30s. Im that youngish looking. :)

I actually cut about 8 inches from my hair last week (lost the pony tail) and a lot of the grey hair.

I’m like Rocket Richard now, I kept a touch of grey, because my wife likes it that way ! (Only Boomers are gonna remember that commercial).

About 2 hours into Poland we saw a bus had flipped over onto its side. 64 people on board. Two reolportedly critical. Holiday here in Poland. Bus wax going from Krakow to Dresden
Will you be anywhere near Kielce? That is my mom’s birthplace.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Fact is that I play characters in their 30s. Im that youngish looking. :)

I actually cut about 8 inches from my hair last week (lost the pony tail) and a lot of the grey hair.

I’m like Rocket Richard now, I kept a touch of grey, because my wife likes it that way ! (Only Boomers are gonna remember that commercial).
Yep, 2 minutes for looking so good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad