Post-Game Talk: On the back of a Chris Tanev OT goal, Vancouver defeats Minnesota in the play-in

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hoghandler

Jul 9, 2019
Heading into round 1 with a 3 game win streak, and virtually every single player on the roster played well in this first series. Have to think confidence will be high.

Great team effort.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
tenor-3.gif

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
The vets were good, their battle helped boost the confidence for the young stars to play their game.

I suspect this will help bring the group together.

Petey looked laboured, like nursing an injury. Still competing out there.

As many have called, this experience and any subsequent rounds is likely worth the price (Miller, Toffoli) for the long term development of our young core.

This likely fast tracks their development forward. They’ve leveled up.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Jesus christ hughes ins freaking 5th in points behind McDavid, Aho, Nugent-Hopkins and Toews...
He was utterly dominant this series. He just skated around everyone, zone entry after zone entry. He completely took over in every single respect, more than I've hardly seen any other player do in hockey. Other players have those moments of incredible and skill and greatness and break through the scuffle to show why they're so incredible, but Hughes? God... He never even GOT into trouble. He hardly even had to play the game with everyone else. He would just skate around and through Minnesota like he was playing Chel on easy mode. He is the definition of gamebreaking.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
So what's our next match up...

Who do we want to face? I think Dallas stars would be our easiest foe no?

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Does anyone really wanna play Dallas and watch another trap series? or see our young guys go against the Champs?

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Congrats on winning the series, guys. I've said it repeatedly...I miss our teams facing off against each other now that the realignment has really limited the matchups.

Good luck in the next round. And should you run into Dallas, Vegas, or Colorado, please do me a favor and beat the crap out of them. Seriously, make sure there is nothing left of them but a puddle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad