Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Good job Austria. As meaningless as that is regarding the outcome, at least they didn't embarrass themselves completely in the end.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Latvia clearly better, they are gonna make it.
The French need to step up. Only their top line is generating chances and I expected a little more of them.

Like the way we're playing. Indrasis is a much better fit on the 2nd line than Girgensons. Controlling the puck, maintaining possession, creating chances. Not much to complain about, other than that shit for brains outlet pass that hit the referee(?) and led to that 2 on 1 seconds into the game.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This tournament has been an unmitigated disaster, and reflects the complete lack of understanding of the sport of hockey that has consistently permeated the Austrian hockey sphere.

Hockey is not a skate in circles contest and stickhandle around cones skill competition. It is a game with intricate roles. After all these years it is lost on Austrian hockey that weak shots from the perimeter do nothing when there isn't traffic in front of the net, that cleaning up rebounds and garbage goals are as or more important than any other skill in the sport. The reason Austria can overperform against higher skill teams is that what offense they naturally lack can come on the counter-attack, where speed and stickhandling are useful tools. But against evenly matched competition, the inability to generate meaningful chances and meaningful possession, as opposed to skating in circles around the net shooting from the far corners, really hurts.

A good example is, why did we not bring Senna Peeters? He is notorious for playing the front of the net well. Even the guys we have, some of them are capable of playing in front of the net, I have no idea why the scheme Bader chose always has everyone on the perimeter. Watching Austria play is like watching a basketball team with only shooting guards. It is possible they could get hot and hit 20 3s but more likely they will miss a lot and lose the game.

This was the best Austrian team to take the ice since the 2014 Olympic Team. I firmly believe that. Marco Rossi would have made it better, but the issues are deeper than that. Slovakia was missing Slafkovsky, Fehervary, and Cehlarik, we cannot complain.

Watching David Reinbacher and Marco Kasper play has been an inexpressible joy. Kasper is the best Austrian forward to don the red-white-red since Prime Michael Raffl. And David Reinbacher is the best Austrian defenseman that I've seen in all my time watching the team.

The future is bright. As I said before, the cupboard was truly bare in 2015. That was when we had no choice but to build the future NT around players like Dominique Heinrich, Thomas Raffl, Manuel Ganahl, and others. To their credit, 10 years later, they still say yes every time the country calls. They are not without their shortcomings as players, or they would have made it in foreign leagues. But it's never been for lack of patriotism, for lack of heart, or for lack of effort.

I'm excited to see Vasili Zelenov, and Gregor Biber, or Ian Scherzer, Luca Erne. I'm even excited to see Atte Tolvanen. At first I was not particularly supportive of the move, but I noticed the reaction from Austrians wasn't "oh no we broke the principle" but "finally...should have happened long ago." :laugh:

Right now sucks, but the future is bright.

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Were looking good, but damn Texier looking pretty dangerous out there. Too bad we dont have Girgensons to shut down a player like that.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
Switching between the two current games:

- Norway v Denmark is very spicy so far. Love seeing this historical rivalry even in hockey.

- Rooting for Latvia as I have Latvian friends here in Finland and I love the energy the fans bring to every rink in a tournament.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

HockeyinLV

May 11, 2024
Your boy Dube needs to hit the gym, he got schooled a number of times. Trying to body check Daugavins was hilarious.

I honestly have no idea how the refs are to blame for that.
Or that guy that tried to body check Batņa but fell on his ass instead. If nothing else, we are definitley dominating physicall out there.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
Let's go!

Attachments

• IMG-20240901-WA0013.jpg
    IMG-20240901-WA0013.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: FrHockeyFan

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Refs are so ridiculous - it's 4-1 now you can give Letvian the pens they are well deserving lol
A pure shame
Hahaha diving pen for Francūzis... I am SHOCKED. :pickle:
EDIT: ahah 5:1
EDIT v2: That wasn't diving. That was delay of game.

Last edited:

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
are you kiddin'me the ref just called a pen for the Let after 5 foults made on to Da Costa on the same action (the first of the game) - few seconds later he sent a french player for imaginary diving being charged by a Letvian
This is scandalous -nothing else (nothing to do with Latvia being more solid than France on this game)

• Haha

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Hahaha diving pen for Franzūcis. :pickle:
EDIT: ahah 5:1
Diving in front of the referee. They should stick to soccer to be honest.

are you kiddin'me the ref just called a pen for the Let after 5 foults made on to Da Costa on the same action (the first of the game) - few seconds later he sent a french player for imaginary diving being charged by a Letvian
This is scandalous -nothing else (nothing to do with Latvia being more solid than France on this game)
You do realize that you are allowed to stick check and body check?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Denmark is just as flat as they were in the prior games. It's one goal game but they don't deserve any points.

Aaand it's 1-1 almost as I write this.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
I couldn't remember how Latvian NT was so robust and vicious as to destabilize their opponents. Provocation after provocation, not a pretty team to watch.
But well done, the referees of this match fell for it from start to finish.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad