Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Apsveicu visus un cepuri nost puikiem!

So now Norway needs to get a point to get the lucky loser spot. Surely they already know the final score in Riga

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Apsveicu visus un cepuri nost puikiem!

So now Norway needs to get a point to get the lucky loser spot. Surely they already know the final score in Riga
Theres also Kazakhstan though. I know that everybody, myself included, considers Slovakia in the OG as a sure thing, but still.

If Norway ends up loosing in regulation and Kazakhstan does not perform a miracle, France is going to the OG thanks to Da Costa's second goal (assuming they take the best 2nd place).

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Theres also Kazakhstan though. I know that everybody, myself included, considers Slovakia in the OG as a sure thing, but still.

If Norway ends up loosing in regulation and Kazakhstan does not perform a miracle, France is going to the OG thanks to Da Costa's second goal (assuming they take the best 2nd place).
I thought Kazakhstan would defeat them, but I actually watched the 1st period and they got schooled by Slovakia. <5% chance of them tying the game.

Damn… Really wanted to see Norway in the olympics.
Yup, Norway is probably going to have a deeper team than Denmark come 2026.

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
I know that Denmark were the hosts and thus, nominal favourites, but damn, that was the only group where the second team actually looked better both on paper and previous game results. And yet, Norway failed miserably. Too bad, since in 2 years the gap between the teams would be even bigger. Yet, Danes stepped up when it matters.

France may hope for a rematch against Latvia in the OG.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I thought Kazakhstan would defeat them, but I actually watched the 1st period and they got schooled by Slovakia. <5% chance of them tying the game.

Yup, Norway is probably going to have a deeper team than Denmark come 2026.
Problem is that Norway lives in the past. They have such an exciting young team but they live in the past where its dirty defensive hockey.

They honestly threw it away today when they lost their heads.

Reactions: hn777

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Where are the Slovaks? One of the more active communities on HF boards, yet absolute silence during the most important game. Everyone in the arena and bars?

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
As for Latvia - dominant performance. Three lines, including bottom two, scored today. Thats why we are, and will be, better than France, Austria, Norway, Denmark and other teams with notable NHL forwards and/or first round prospects. Having top scorers from Czechia playing on 3rd and 4th line means constant threat. While Da Costa and Texier were extremely dangerous, they had little support from their teammates.

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
came out of nowhere, Kazakhstan can't really establish any zone time. The only thing they are good at are counterattacks and that's where they scored from.
Your right is was a bad shot hlavaj did not see it well

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
As for Latvia - dominant performance. Three lines, including bottom two, scored today. Thats why we are, and will be, better than France, Austria, Norway, Denmark and other teams with notable NHL forwards and/or first round prospects. Having top scorers from Czechia playing on 3rd and 4th line means constant threat. While Da Costa and Texier were extremely dangerous, they had little support from their teammates.
Yeah, but what really helped Latvia was the depth in defense, France can have good forwards, but when you get little support from the back, you won't win against big teams. France scored more againt Slovenia and Ukraine than Latvia, but once their defense was finally challenged, they completely fell apart

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
I do not think a lot of people care, I think that everyone simply expects us to qualify
I was most worried about the game against Austria. It didn't help that we didn't play any warm up games. I thought we might pay for being rusty, but fortunately we did enough to win that one. Now I am pretty confident we can close it out.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Wasn't easy for Denmark over the tournament but they got it done and they kinda had to, probably their last shot to have their stars in the Olympics in their prime

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, Slovaks just turtling in the 3rd again, no idea why. They were in complete control of the game.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad