Olympics 2026 qualification

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats Slovakia!

There was a thread awhile ago about who has the better D.. Czechs of Slovaks. At the time I said Czechs as we had more guys in NHL... now that Nemec has arrived (did he play today?)... I'd say Slovakia has passed us on D for now.

Nemec, Ferhervary and Cermak is a hell of a trio (one is going to be elite, other 2 are very established) and I'd say ahead of Rutta, Gudas and Hronek collectively today. By 2026 - those 3 should still be able to anchor the blue line and play heavy minutes. Slaf should be a beast by then so the team will be a solid pain in the ass.

Reactions: hn777

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Congrats Slovakia!

There was a thread awhile ago about who has the better D.. Czechs of Slovaks. At the time I said Czechs as we had more guys in NHL... now that Nemec has arrived (did he play today?)... I'd say Slovakia has passed us on D for now.

Nemec, Ferhervary and Cermak is a hell of a trio (one is going to be elite, other 2 are very established) and I'd say ahead of Rutta, Gudas and Hronek collectively today. By 2026 - those 3 should still be able to anchor the blue line and play heavy minutes. Slaf should be a beast by then so the team will be a solid pain in the ass.
😂 we will get absolutely smoked by any top 5 team

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
Isn't it there 1st olympics since 92?
Since 2002.

France played the Olympics in 1920 (summer, 6th), 1924 (host, 6th), 1928 (5th), 1936 (11th), 1968 (host, 14th), 1988 (11th), 1992 (host, 8th), 1994 (10th), 1998 (11th), 2002 (14th).

Reactions: Fil

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I mean, he is the reigning Olympic MVP and top scorer already now.
1725218165444.png

might also be the only guy from top 10 to play in 2026

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Wasn't easy for Denmark over the tournament but they got it done and they kinda had to, probably their last shot to have their stars in the Olympics in their prime
Absolutely, we did need Bjørkstrand today, he was sorely missed, but Jensen stepped up in the slot and put 2 goals on Norway. It was beautiful to see. But for us it is not easy to produce good NHL players, so we have to cherish these moments. We need some of the talents in the pipeline to go to sweden or north america, like Søgaard did, and take their chance. The junior level is just higher.

I do think Norway has more talents in the pipeline right now, but 2026 is too early for them. It will be difficult to get through Norway in 2030

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Since 2002.

France played the Olympics in 1920 (summer, 6th), 1924 (host, 6th), 1928 (5th), 1936 (11th), 1968 (host, 14th), 1988 (11th), 1992 (host, 8th), 1994 (10th), 1998 (11th), 2002 (14th).
France did not make it to Group stage in 2002. They where in the qualifications.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
To me it looks like Group A is going to be tough... especially for Italy. Canada and Sweden are massive gold medal favs. Swiss are very good at Olympics and their core group will still be in tact with about 10 very good NHLers. May even have an NHL goalie full time by 2026.

Group B is the Finn's to lose as they are also a gold contender as they will have all their best together and I've been dying to see that. I feel like every game in this group will be 4-3 or 3-2. I don't see any blowouts and nothing but close games.

Group C - if France replaces Russia then the US should run roughshod over this group. I like Slovakia's chances against Latvia and France. If Russia joins this group then it's possibly the toughest group tbh. 2 Gold favs and Slovakia and Latvia are no pushovers!

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
To me it looks like Group A is going to be tough... especially for Italy. Canada and Sweden are massive gold medal favs. Swiss are very good at Olympics and their core group will still be in tact with about 10 very good NHLers. May even have an NHL goalie full time by 2026.

Group B is the Finn's to lose as they are also a gold contender as they will have all their best together and I've been dying to see that. I feel like every game in this group will be 4-3 or 3-2. I don't see any blowouts and nothing but close games.

Group C - if France replaces Russia then the US should run roughshod over this group. I like Slovakia's chances against Latvia and France. If Russia joins this group then it's possibly the toughest group tbh. 2 Gold favs and Slovakia and Latvia are no pushovers!
If Russia is allowed to play, Latvia is definitely boycotting along with multiple other countries, so that option is not really worth mentioning.

It does not make any sense for France to replace Russia and the groups would clearly be re-seeded.

Reactions: Faterson

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022

In case Russia will not participate the groups will be regrouped as follows:
A: CAN, SUI, CZE, ITA
B: SWE, FIN, SVK, DEN
C: USA, GER, LAT, FRA
Source: hockeyslovakia

Reactions: Czechboy and Namejs

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
In case Russia will not participate the groups will be regrouped as follows:
A: CAN, SUI, CZE, ITA
B: SWE, FIN, SVK, DEN
C: USA, GER, LAT, FRA
Source: hockeyslovakia
That Group C is going to be wide open with one of Germany or Latvia having a chance to get a bye into the QFs. Not a bad draw at all.

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
I’m not a believer they’d go to goal differential based on results from three non-overlapping round robins. Comparing how much France ran up the score against Ukraine and Slovenia to how much Norway beat Japan and Great Britain isn’t exactly a clear establishing of the better team (especially if teams weren’t told clearly in advance that goal differential could matter outside their own pool ranking).

I think they have to go to IIHF ranking if they don’t have the means/time to have Norway France and Kazakhstan actually play each other. Goal differential against non-shared opposition is ridiculously arbitrary.

Reactions: Fjorden

HamburgerSK

Jan 18, 2022
That Group C is going to be wide open with one of Germany or Latvia having a chance to get a bye into the QFs. Not a bad draw at all.
If the information wouldn't stand on the hockeyslovakia official page I'd take it for a hoax. Considering IIHF ranking this doesn't make any sense. The group C is the weakest one by a great margin.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad