Player Discussion Oliver Kylington

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Again, put their name on the contract or move them at the deadline. How many times do we need to be taught this lesson? I don't care how much they say they want to be here. Put your name on the paper or go buy some uhaul boxes.

This isn't the end of the world organizationally, but it's frustrating we keep not learning from this.
I understand your point but did he have any real trade value at the TDL?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think that as soon as Kylington wanted to test the market, Conroy had to just move on and assume he was gone. Now he doesn't have a spot.

Maybe he'll sign here for peanuts after no one else is interested in giving him term?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Don’t think he’d be worth more than a 5-6th at the past deadline anyway. No real loss there.
I had him at a 3rd or 4th but that's not a huge difference. Pospisil was a 4th, Gaudreau was a 4th, Brodie was a 4th. Wolf was a 7th, we drafted a damn fine prospect in the 5th this year. It's more the principal of it too than the actual return.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I understand your point but did he have any real trade value at the TDL?
Real value? Not substantial value, but we gave up a 5th for Ohotiuk. Miller got a 4th, Peeke a 3rd, E Johnson a 4th, Ruhwedel a 4th, Stetcher a 4th. I'd have a hard time believing Kylington brings back less than any of those guys.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I think Ollie might have played himself/got bad advice from an agent. If he signed for a year here and continues to play, I am 100% positive the Flames would have given him an extension for multiple years.

With respect to his situation, he essentially took the last 2 years off, I don't see many teams lining up to sign him.

Columbus only has 4 guys signed so there are still teams out there with spots available for him.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why don't we pick up Cody Ceci instead? Edmonton seems desperate to dump him for cap.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think that as soon as Kylington wanted to test the market, Conroy had to just move on and assume he was gone. Now he doesn't have a spot.

Maybe he'll sign here for peanuts after no one else is interested in giving him term?
There is still a spot IMO, right now 2 of Bahl, Miromanov & Bean are in the top 4, and Hanley is still in as the #8, who we could waive and demote.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
More stressful than the Canadian media? I doubt it. Kylington would be best off in a place where hockey isn't #1
Kylington seemed to be universally loved by the team/fans and was probably the easiest player on the team to root for. If anything, knowing the situation, i think leaving Calgary will incur more stress (media/fan reception) I mean, look how a lot of people are reacting to him testing free agency already (calgarypuck sure isn't taking it well lmao)

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Why don't we pick up Cody Ceci instead? Edmonton seems desperate to dump him for cap.
Sounds like Conroy isn’t interested in more dmen atm.

Besides that, if they aren’t giving up a premium to get rid of him, I’d rather they not do the Oilers any favours.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Sounds like Conroy isn’t interested in more dmen atm.

Besides that, if they aren’t giving up a premium to get rid of him, I’d rather they not do the Oilers any favours.

On closer inspection.... these are loafers.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Still believes he signs here, Kylington is getting the rude awakening that you can’t take a year and a half off no matter how good the reason and expect a significant investment, and he’s not young enough for a bad team to take that chance on him. Think he circles back and Calgary gets him a 1-2 year contract for good money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad