Player Discussion Oliver Kylington

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Totally shocked Kylington hasn't signed with the Flames by now. The way everyone was talking it was a done deal for a reasonable amount and term and just the i's needed to be dotted and the t's crossed. I can only surmise that Kylington wants significantly more than what Conroy thinks he's worth. After being on medical leave for a year and a half I'm disappointed in Kylington's attitude now. Loyalty is really dead these days.

Reactions: Nanuuk

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Wonder if it's just very difficult for his camp to know where to price him and the are worried about seeing only one offer, I hope we can bring him back at a fair price.

Reactions: Kahvi

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Wonder if it's just very difficult for his camp to know where to price him and the are worried about seeing only one offer, I hope we can bring him back at a fair price.
I guess thats possible, tweet doesnt say he’s not signing with the Flames.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
What a difference six months makes.

I’m not a doctor and none of us will ever fully understand the extent of what he has gone through over two years but I suspect he likely needs a long term contract for his mental well being and you lot are now chastising him for pursuing that.

Loyalty goes both ways. The Flames are a key part of this decision, ultimately.

Be better.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I think the Kylington camp might be disappointed in what is being offered in FA Land. I wouldn't be surprised if Kyington's mental health issues put a serious damper on the $$ amount and term that other GM's would be willing to fork out. He's definitely a gamble and its not like he's been outstanding in the 201 NHL games that he's played. He's also 27. He's missed a lot of game development time.

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Very disappointed he's likely gone. Wish him well of course. I feared the lack of chatter around him as a pending UFA and someone not to sign right away last yr would bite us and it almost has. I'm curious if Craig asked for the courtesy of allowing us to match whatever his best offer is if we're not priced out. Feels unlikely, but praying for an eleventh hour miracle.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
No idea in what world Ollie thought he was worth more than a couple years from Calgary. Most of the depth guys were only getting 1-3 years even at this outrageous July 1.

He played only 100 games the past four years, and 33 the past two. Organizations are rarely willing to commit to a lot of length for that.

Best of luck to the young man. I won’t forget the one season he played here with Tanev where they were an A+ pairing for us.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I am not so sure it was Ollie demanding this. He is probably being led along by his agent that know nothing of mental health issues and the relationship Ollie has/had with the team.

Too bad. I think the best place for him and his mental health is with this team. He should have taken the money and term offered and built off it from there.

Now he'll go to the unknown and the stressors that might bring.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I am not so sure it was Ollie demanding this. He is probably being led along by his agent that know nothing of mental health issues and the relationship Ollie has/had with the team.

Too bad. I think the best place for him and his mental health is with this team. He should have taken the money and term offered and built off it from there.

Now he'll go to the unknown and the stressors that might bring.
More stressful than the Canadian media? I doubt it. Kylington would be best off in a place where hockey isn't #1

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Again, put their name on the contract or move them at the deadline. How many times do we need to be taught this lesson? I don't care how much they say they want to be here. Put your name on the paper or go buy some uhaul boxes.

This isn't the end of the world organizationally, but it's frustrating we keep not learning from this.

Khrox

May 31, 2018

Attachments

• shreds.gif
    shreds.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 2

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Again, put their name on the contract or move them at the deadline. How many times do we need to be taught this lesson? I don't care how much they say they want to be here. Put your name on the paper or go buy some uhaul boxes.

This isn't the end of the world organizationally, but it's frustrating we keep not learning from this.

Don’t think he’d be worth more than a 5-6th at the past deadline anyway. No real loss there.

Reactions: tmurfin

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
In the long run, for a few good reasons, perhaps its best for the Flames to move on from Oliver Kylington.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad