Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
I do think Anderson can have his utility on a physical grinding role on a bottom 6 role if you forget about his salary
with his attributes he should be in theory….but he can’t hold the puck along the board and isn’t even physical. And putrid in the D-zone.

He’s good at one thing…one and done off-the-rush offense, but in a man-to-man defensive system he’s almost never positioned to get the jump on the defenseman.

The sooner Marty / KH realize it, the better.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
with his attributes he should be in theory….but he can’t hold the puck along the board and isn’t even physical. And putrid in the D-zone.

He’s good at one thing…one and done off-the-rush offense, but in a man-to-man defensive system he’s almost never positioned to get the jump on the defenseman.

The sooner Marty / KH realize it, the better.
He can be physical on the forecheck when he’s on his game too. Expect him to be a bottom 6 player and not a 5.5m player for this year and I think we will be fine

Reactions: Gustave

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
After reading the last 4 pages, I'm very in need to watch him play. So he will be in camp in 19 days. He's one of the prospect I have an eye on it. I'm watch babe, yeah I'm watchin'
e24723c1a1af4850b5c84a6e0e7950d0.gif

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The funny thing is, if Anderson made 2.5-3 million we would probably love him as a luxury 4th liner. Fast, 10 - 20 goals and hits hard. But at 5.5 we can't stand him.

It's crazy how much a bad cap hit hurts a players affection from the fan base. But the salary cap world is a fickle B.
Not for me, not even close. Last year’s low iq, play killing, can’t keep up with the puck he’s literally in possession of Anderson dragged his teammates down. If he was even able to play a simple Turner Stevenson or Steve Begin type game the habs would be better off. Habs would be a better team with this guy benched, irrelevant of salary.

Bring on a guy like Kapanen instead, who looks like a “hockey player” to quote the coach.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I'd take Anderson any day over Gallagher.
Personally I wouldn’t. Anderson when he’s on is great. But that’s the games against the Leafs and then every four or five games. He doesn’t have the IQ to be effective and keep up.

Gally is definitely on the back nine. But as a coach, you know what you’re gonna get from him every night. He needs to play less minutes, as fatigue seems to wear him down. But that tenacity, north south style is contagious and has a place in the lineup albeit overpaid for what he brings now. That said, he looked better last year with Newhook and Armia than Anderson did at any point. Offence does when Anderson is on the ice.

Reactions: LaP

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
Not for me, not even close. Last year’s low iq, play killing, can’t keep up with the puck he’s literally in possession of Anderson dragged his teammates down. If he was even able to play a simple Turner Stevenson or Steve Begin type game the habs would be better off. Habs would be a better team with this guy benched, irrelevant of salary.

Bring on a guy like Kapanen instead, who looks like a “hockey player” to quote the coach.
Agree with you. One of the worst season I've seen from a Habs player and that's before even considering his salary

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

If Anderson has another season like last year's I wouldn't be surprised if Hughes buys him out or sends him to Laval. He may not fit MSL's style of coaching.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If Kapanen has great camp I'd rather keep him in Montreal. Get him use to NA ice. Be more advanced player next year. Which is more important year as Dvorak, Armia, Evans likely gone. Gallagher or Anderson also, buyout.

Even if 13th forward. The top 12 forwards are set. But we could expose a large contract to waivers. Knowing he won't be picked up.
There plenty of team that have space, guy like Armia and Dvorak with one year won’t clear waiver. Even with a great camp (lot of young guy fizzle out), how much better than Dvorak will Kapanen be? Also at is age he get a lot more out of playing 1st 1PP/PK in the SHL than he will has 13th fw., get Dvorak value up trade him at the TDL Kapanen could finish the season in Mtl once is team is done, also might be better for is FA status if he doesn’t play more than a X amount of games. Could also work something for him to stay in the AHL until there is a move since is dad is the GM of is SHL team surely he won’t get in the way to much…

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Not really since he’s probably a futur bottom 6 player so him stating on the 4th line and adapt to the NA hockey would be a good thing
We already have NHL bodies, he won’t be a significant improvement most bottom 6 we’re top player in lower league. if he blow everyone away great but if not there no rush let him get premium ice time in a great league.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
We need to think about the big picture. We wil eventually be cap stranded and adding more picks / young players will help down the line. If you can get a 2027 or 28 pick for Dvorak that pick will have lot of value at those deadlines. Another year in the Liiga would not hurt Kapanen now that he'll have a good feeling of the NHL speed.
Kapanen signed with Timra in Sweden.
If he is better than Dvorak now, we can assume he could be our 3C. Do you want to piss off your future 3C just to have chance for additional 2027 4th? Does not make sense for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad