Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

samiam

Oct 4, 2010
Oilers finish series promptly, get disadvantage of a ridiculously long break of one week. Vancouver get just what they want with a Wednesday start despite f***ing up in first round and taking a long time to eliminate Nashville.

No way the game shouldn't be tomorrow. Why Not? Boston already playing tomorrow in 2nd round. This is nuts. basically f***ing over WC so that all our series will end later than the EC FFS teams in the East will have two games done before we even START 2nd round. NHL doing NHL things.

Can't start series tomorrow because of the concert at Rogers Arena.
Could have started Tuesday, but the US networks want games on alternating nights.
With the Dallas arena already booked for a concert Wednesday night, the only option for them was to start their series on Tuesday, which means starting the Oilers/Canucks series Wednesday.
Again, the US networks wanting games on alternating nights, is a big part of this.
Complete B.S, as we get screwed again!

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Gary is taking his disappointment of his Vegas darlings losing out on us. No wonder we play games until the end of June. Hang the Plaque - Zero Days Without Stupidity.

Reactions: harpoon and guymez

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I'm sure if the Leafs were still playing that they would have been pushed to Sunday as well, it's all good. ;)

Reactions: TB12

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I see that 9 year old Canucks super fan has gone viral. It's funny entire first round Canucks insist how unfair it is not having a watch party for riot reasons.

Then you see 100 grown men egging on a little boy to show why they can't have a watch party for fear of rioting.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I see that 9 year old Canucks super fan has gone viral. It's funny entire first round Canucks insist how unfair it is not having a watch party for riot reasons.

Then you see 100 grown men egging on a little boy to show why they can't have a watch party for fear of rioting.
They are overly aggressive for nothing... It's like they are trying to make this bigger than the battle of alberta. It just comes across as desperate.
Calgary is the little brother
Vancouver is the cousin you're forced to hang out with

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
A whole week off is counterproductive. It only serves to cool the team. Nobody wants this much time off in playoffs. 2-4days off between series is ideal. More than that and its getting out of game practice, game readiness. This f***s the Oilers over.
It matters what they do with the time.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Will be a hard wake up for most of the Nucks fans barely got past the Preds

Dont think a 3rd stringer goalie will get us in trouble. Demko back probably little more. 4-1 or 4-2 but no drama.

Reactions: Puljulainen

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I'm ok with this remember McDavid missed games late with an injury, he will be fully healed, good for Kane and Henrique as well.
Just sucks that hughes will get all the time in the world to rest and heal up. We need to beat him up harder than NSH does, but I'm worried we're not going to be nearly as physical as they were outside of a couple of players

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I swear even if we made it to the finals and faced a team like Florida Bettman would still manage to schedule all of our games to 8pm or later

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Just sucks that hughes will get all the time in the world to rest and heal up. We need to beat him up harder than NSH does, but I'm worried we're not going to be nearly as physical as they were outside of a couple of players
Fck Hughes Bouchard will double him in points this series

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The league has delayed this series for so long that Demko was cleared to play and is now hurt again. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $145.00