Victor?

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Some people will riot for much less.

An interesting aside in these playoffs.

Is this the last playoff drive for the Mc-Drai combo?

If Drai doesn't sign an extension this summer then the team will have to trade him before the deadline next March. I'm not too optimistic about what the Oilers would net in return. I guess a new GM will be in place by then.

The Bruins and Kings are both interested with Marchand and Kopitar on the decline. It will be an interesting summer. Meantime I am going to enjoy watching that Oiler PP. Its always worth the price of admission.
There could be a lot of times and places for this post. This thread, sorry, It isn't it.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m not saying they have 3 good goalies, I’m saying they have 3 hot goalies. It’s all about whether they cool off and come back to normal, and how rusty Demko is if he returns. But yes, playing against Nashville likely gave them a bit of a bump.
Campbell would have been a hot goalie in that series.
If anything their goalies won’t be prepared for what’s coming.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m not saying they have 3 good goalies, I’m saying they have 3 hot goalies. It’s all about whether they cool off and come back to normal, and how rusty Demko is if he returns. But yes, playing against Nashville likely gave them a bit of a bump.
Not sure though that we can say Silos or however you spell it is hot. The Nashville Preds popgun offense would make anybody look hot. Your grandma might look hot in the Nucks net. I'm just kidding buddy. hehe

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Definitely not something worth worrying about at this time. If it is, it is.

Only thing I’ll say to that is if Leon decides he wants to go to either of those two teams, it’s not about winning.

Literally the only reason for him to leave is the idea that some people have talked about him going to one of the top couple biggest markets to try and grow German hockey. And even that feels more like a 35+ year old move. There’s no way Katz doesn’t tell our GM to make Drai an Oiler for life, so it’s hard to imagine a guy going to a weaker team, while in his prime when money, a contending team, the best facilities in the league, your close friends, etc are all on the table here.

Campbell would have been a hot goalie in that series.
If anything their goalies won’t be prepared for what’s coming.

Oh probably. Like, Talbot wasn’t bad despite an .861 SV%, and Rittich was actually really solid with only an .872 SV%, so we’re definitely punishing to goalies

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Crazy that we're getting almost a week off just with a 5 game series. Imagine how long the break would have been (too long) had the Oil closed out in 4 games. That would've resulted in a 9 day break.

Man, this playoffs is going to be going on till late June at this rate.

Theres no conceivable way that even the third round won't be done until sometime in June. Is this a summer sport now NHL?

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Not sure though that we can say Silos or however you spell it is hot. The Nashville Preds popgun offense would make anybody look hot. Your grandma might look hot in the Nucks net. I'm just kidding buddy. hehe

Yes, but his SV% is through the roof and goaltending is a position that’s largely dependent on confidence (just look at Campbell). Hill basically single handedly won Vegas the cup last year by putting up a .934 SV% against us despite being a career backup.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Probably will need some improved depth scoring as we move into later rounds of the playoffs.

And as usual goaltender will be quite important

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yes, but his SV% is through the roof and goaltending is a position that’s largely dependent on confidence (just look at Campbell). Hill basically single handedly won Vegas the cup last year by putting up a .934 SV% against us despite being a career backup.
Vegas when they are playing their game collapse downlow well and can limit shots to periphery. Around net and slot very contested, very hard to get anything in there. We've yet to see the Nucks against an offensive opponent, or a team that even has a PP. Plus that its all limited sample, and again its all the inept Preds that couldn't score to save their lives and really if you look at lineup weren't expected to.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Crazy that we're getting almost a week off just with a 5 game series. Imagine how long the break would have been (too long) had the Oil closed out in 4 games. That would've resulted in a 9 day break.

Theres no conceivable way that even the third round won't be done until sometime in June. Is this a summer sport now NHL?

And that might prevent the Kings from being able to buy Dubois out (if it goes past June 23rd) since it’ll go up to a 2/3rd buyout

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not to generalize an entire fan base but this is why Vancouver comes across as idiots. Like McDavid is the best player in the league and chanting profanities is classless. Just doesn't seem very smart.
They can't pronounce or spell Draisaitl.

jk around but the fixation on McDavid, as if he's all they have to stop or be concerned about is um, interesting.

Heres an update. Career wise McDrai are deadheat tied with 87playoff pts in 54games. Meaning they both also have identical 1.61 Pts/ playoff game/career. Nobody else in the league is close.

But Drai has 6 more playoff goals than McD.

Nucks fans in Surrey probably wouldn't recognize Leon out of a lineup.

Last edited:

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
McDavid and Draisaitl about to go supernova. You can see a maturity building in their game, both playing a responsible, well rounded game and the rest of the team is following their lead.

This team remembers how the season series went and they’ll have their revenge.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
My prediction. (If you haven’t seen cyborg you might not understand)

1714842374883.jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Random trivia that the Oilers have not faced the Canucks in playoffs since 1992 when the Oilers prevailed in 6 games. Despite being divisional opponents no matchups have occurred since and are very rare.

The only other time the teams faced each other was in 86 when the Oilers swept. The Oilers beat the Canucks so badly in that series it lasted only 3 games. jk. First round was 3/5 but Oilers outscored Canucks 17-5 with the Oilers winning all games by 4 goals.

Oilers alltime playoff record against Canucks is 7-2.

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
Canucks biggest offensive star Petterson is somehow broken. Played only 15:46 on game six against Predators and looked really off. Skated badly, didn't take many faceoffs (can someone find stats of all PO games? for him and compare to reg. season numbers) and was bad on those he took. Too much heavy lifting will be on other centers.

6 shots in his last five games and 2 assists, superstar level in my ass.

Wasn't battling on pucks, skated mostly in the middle of the ice, didn't shoot almost at all, other guys didn't pass him even when his shot was open.

Something odd in him not just ordinary softness in playoffs when things get rough, I am quite sure of that.

When they have skating corpse in the middle of their top six against Oilers, that is recipe for disaster.

We will also burst Silovs bubble, will happen already in first game in front of their home crowd.

Let's see if they rush Demko back as soon as possible, they will need him.

Reactions: nally and Oilhawks

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Silovs has done a good job given the circumstances, so kudos to him.

But the boys need to take full advantage of every game Demko misses. He can absolutely swing a series and if he is able to make it back for games 5, 6 or 7 it makes things sketchy. Get at it right away, just like they did with LA.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I just did a 15-block walk with the pups in DT Vancouver wearing my McDavid RR. Not a single Nucks jersey to be found, and not even a single Nucks article of clothing or hat. Fifteen whole blocks in the heart of DT Van. Not even a single chirp. The only person that said something was an Oilers fan that said "Nice McDavid jersey!".

Most casual fanbase in the league needs to be humbled. Sad!

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I just did a 15-block walk with the pups in DT Vancouver wearing my McDavid RR. Not a single Nucks jersey to be found, and not even a single Nucks article of clothing or hat. Fifteen whole blocks in the heart of DT Van. Not even a single chirp. The only person that said something was an Oilers fan that said "Nice McDavid jersey!".

Black Frog will be a gong show.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

Oddly enough they do have massive Nuck fans but they're in places like Surrey and Richmond where it's the first generation Indian Canadian and Chinese Canadian kids that love the Canucks.

Your average downtown Vancouver folk just wants both teams to win because that's most fair or something.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

It’s been a summer sport for a long time. 1984 when the Oilers won the cup on May the 19th was 40 years ago. They’ve been stretching longer ever since where now it’s about a week before free agency. It didn’t help either that the regular season started a full week later than when it traditionally does this year.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad