Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Pointless question. I watch him play, he plays great and who he plays with is irrelevant. Marner plays with best goal scorer in the game and still chokes when the pressure is on, what's his problem?

Marner chokes under pressure whereas Hyman seems to be the kind of player who thrives on pressure, that's the difference between the two right there.

All these years making 11 million a year and he still hasn't figured out. Have you heard the expression throwing good money after bad? That describes perfectly what a Marner extension would be.
I kinda wonder why we have had to wait for 8 years already for Marner to figure it out in the playoffs and still waiting because it isn’t ever going to happen

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So start hating on Tre... he made the team worse this year and a bunch of people are praising him
Sure, blame Tre for things he hasn't done - signed Marner for $12.5x8 and made the team worse.

He might do either or both, and if he does the former that will likely result in the latter, but he hasn't done either yet.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Hyman is 5th on his team in points, and both his linemates have more... why are people acting like he is the driving force?
I don't think anyone is even suggesting he's the driving force. That's a strawman argument. Posters are just saying that he has produced better than Marner.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Not true. I remember Some People blaming Hyman and Brown for the failures of the team way back when.

1000001294.jpg

How lucky we were before Dumbass ransacked the team, on track to being one of the best teams in the league. And now we're stuck in no man's land for at least 5 more years.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Watching the game, and wondering for the hundredth time what the pathetic idiots in the first row think they're accomplishing by banging on the glass when the play is in front of them. Do they actually think the opponent will be distracted?

Reactions: Al14 and Racer88

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Who hasn’t Hyman been better than?

Every thread just becomes a Marner whine fest. Some really need help with this obsession.
Can’t believe they gave the Conn Smith to a player who choked away game 7 without a single point, no points in game 6 either but his team bailed him out. Game 7 when it really matters, just got the big apple.

Ho Lee Mackinaw

Oct 12, 2022
A bit off topic but there isn't a thread for this. But I gotta say it.

I am a die hard Leafs fan. Over 40 years. I watched every game this year.

One thing I learned from the playoffs this year is how far the Leafs are away from even competing for the Cup.

The core (Matthews, Marner, and Nylander and Tavares) do not have what it takes to win in the playoffs. They are individually talented but collectively way too soft and lacking in intensity to accomplish what Florida did. I can't imagine them doing whatever it takes to win. Nylander won't even back check, let alone get greasy, block shots and throw a body check. I will not get my hopes up for next season no matter how many goals Matthews scores, how many wins they have in the regular season or where they finish in the standings. Playoffs are a different beast and the Leafs are not built to win in the playoffs.

Until at least two of the three go, and are replaced with players who will punch their own mother in order to win, the Leafs will continue to flounder.

Tie Domi Esquire

Oct 18, 2010
A bit off topic but there isn't a thread for this. But I gotta say it.

I am a die hard Leafs fan. Over 40 years. I watched every game this year.

One thing I learned from the playoffs this year is how far the Leafs are away from even competing for the Cup.

The core (Matthews, Marner, and Nylander and Tavares) do not have what it takes to win in the playoffs. They are individually talented but collectively way too soft and lacking in intensity to accomplish what Florida did. I can't imagine them doing whatever it takes to win. Nylander won't even back check, let alone get greasy, block shots and throw a body check. I will not get my hopes up for next season no matter how many goals Matthews scores, how many wins they have in the regular season or where they finish in the standings. Playoffs are a different beast and the Leafs are not built to win in the playoffs.

Until at least two of the three go, and are replaced with players who will punch their own mother in order to win, the Leafs will continue to flounder.

The saddest part is that this is the softest era ever and they're still too muffiny to even compete.

Tie Domi Esquire

Oct 18, 2010
The expected goal junkie non-watchers will probably credit Bob for the Panthers throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the Oilers to prevent them from tying in the third.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
What is it that causes big time scorers to freeze up during the playoffs? We Leafs fans see it all the time with out Big 4. They can't seem to score in crunch time.

And now Edmonton had McDrai go quiet in big games in the final. Virtually nothing from McDavid in games 1,2,3,6, and7.

They say defense wins championships. Looks like that's true. Once again a strong defensive game won the Cup.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Um, congratulations Florida, I guess.

Even though they lost I'm still proud of Edmonton. McDavid is a helluva player and he's from the GTA. He was easily the best performer in a losing situation.

It's easy to cheer for a guy like that.

Like the old saying goes: you gotta lose it first before you can win it. Florida just proved that much again. It won't be long until it's Edmonton's turn.

And when they do finally win the cup I'll be cheering for them.

Especially if it's the Panthers they beat. Florida is a vile team. Full of players who repulse me.

I would have loved to see Edmonton humiliate them last night.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
From the drop of the puck Florida wanted it more last night. First to pucks and hitting the Oilers every chance they got. Edmonton with far too many stick checks and soft efforts particularly in the first half of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad