HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Some in this fanbase will never be happy. Laine and Demidov in one summer, Suzuki, Caufield, and Slaf all signed long-term under 8mil, Hutson about to challenge for the Calder, Dach back healthy, etc, but all that's still not enough to stop lamenting on the past.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Michkov is a loser and a cockroach. Let Philly deal with him.
Why are Habs fans like this. Why is this tolerated?

Some in this fanbase will never be happy. Laine and Demidov in one summer, Suzuki, Caufield, and Slaf all signed long-term under 8mil, Hutson about to challenge for the Calder, Dach back healthy, etc, but all that's still not enough to stop lamenting on the past.
Very happy about the summer and Demidov and even Reinbacher. We shouldn’t permit or encourage other fellow fans drag us down when they insult other prospects who’ve done nothing wrong.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Peepes still crying over Michkov? :laugh:

Pathetic.
It’s the “anti-Michkov” commentators who never stop mentioning him and refuse to treat him like any other top prospect across the league.

We won’t be allowed to even casually enjoy the talent’s ability on a neutral level. Guess what — I like skill players in the NHL, they make things fun! I like Pavel Bure, I like Patrick Elias, I like Sergei Zubov, I like Paul Kariya, I like Matt Barzal, etc. They never played for the Habs, what does it matter?

Why the hate campaign against one teenager?? He didn’t do anything wrong.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Habs brass didn’t seem high on michkov whether he wanted to play here or not
I think they had rein in their sights for months
This is the right take.

The Habs preferred Reinbacher at 5OA.
If you trust the Habs you’ll trust their decision.
You can appreciate the trajectory of the Habs and also Michkov’s talent without thinking you’re a bad fan or somehow have betrayed Reinbacher.

Reinbacher’s success is irrelevant to Michkov’s.

What is unavoidable — and won’t be helped by slander and lashing out — is some fans will be openly coveting Michkov as long as Michkov doesn’t bust. It’s a product of the draft system and it is unavoidable and inevitable. Many should make their peace with it.

If you trust the Habs you’ll tolerate the commentators who covet Michkov… without resorting to attacking the player or other fans.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not really... the top goalies are the top goalies for a reason, that's because they are consistent and will bring that level of performance traditionally every night.

The other goalies have a larger delta of performances which is not what you want as a contender.

You can win without a Shesterkin level goaltender, the same way the Hawks won with Handzus as their 2C, if the sum of the other parts are good enough, you'll have some weaknesses that can be pulled up.

Bobrovsky just went out and ripped up two playoff runs in a row, he's worth that money. While the Bruins lost to that Bobrovsky.

If you are lucky enough to have a top 5 goalie, pay the man. Igor deserves that money the same way Price did. We all know what happened whenever Price wasn't around.

Trying to shortchange a position around GP is stupid when the minute calculation is heavily skewed toward the goalie and when it matters they play every minute of every game.
Goaltending isn’t important. Until you don’t have it.

A top goalie can take you a long way almost by himself. We’ve seen that for years here. They are absolutely worth top dollar.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The proof is in the pudding.

GMs have a good idea of where money should be spent. Price signed for 10.5M 7 years ago and it still hasn’t been matched.

In the meantime theses guys have been winning Cups: Keumper, Hill, Binnington, Holtby, Murray
There hasn’t been goalie as dominant as Price since. Vasilevski was on a powerhouse so it’s difficult to know how great he really is but he got Price money. Shaved a bit off to fit the team salary together.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
This is the right take.

The Habs preferred Reinbacher at 5OA.
If you trust the Habs you’ll trust their decision.
You can appreciate the trajectory of the Habs and also Michkov’s talent without thinking you’re a bad fan or somehow have betrayed Reinbacher.

Reinbacher’s success is irrelevant to Michkov’s.

What is unavoidable — and won’t be helped by slander and lashing out — is some fans will be openly coveting Michkov as long as Michkov doesn’t bust. It’s a product of the draft system and it is unavoidable and inevitable. Many should make their peace with it.

If you trust the Habs you’ll tolerate the commentators who covet Michkov… without resorting to attacking the player or other fans.
I found myself wishing for michkov to fail for a while. Ive muted a lot of the trolls that either hate the habs or can’t get over the decision and it’sa lot easier to watch and enjoy the kid now

Michkov won’t be the first great player that could have been a hab but wasn’t and he won’t be the last

I still can’t help but look carefully for the supposed faults in his game, work ethic or personality that made the habs pass on him however

Oh well

Reactions: dinodebino

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It’s the “anti-Michkov” commentators who never stop mentioning him and refuse to treat him like any other top prospect across the league.

We won’t be allowed to even casually enjoy the talent’s ability on a neutral level. Guess what — I like skill players in the NHL, they make things fun! I like Pavel Bure, I like Patrick Elias, I like Sergei Zubov, I like Paul Kariya, I like Matt Barzal, etc. They never played for the Habs, what does it matter?

Why the hate campaign against one teenager?? He didn’t do anything wrong.

The difference with that is, a bunch of people are jumping into every topic that could have the faintest, ghostly thread to Michkov and mentioning him.

Outside of the tremendous Barzal highlight, he isn't mentioned. Talent gets celebrated plenty around here when it's warranted. No one else gets an empty net goal talked about in the out of town thread. It's irrelevant and it is only being brought up to cry about the non-selection.

But we got a bunch of posts about an empty net goal. A secondary assist. Then it spills into how it was a huge mistake to pass and blah blah blah.

Feel free to enjoy Michkov - there's ways to do it without having to come here and lament everything he does. It's obsessive and unhealthy and it ruins the quality of the board. Not to mention the proclamations that it is or isn't a mistake are so premature.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
we still don't know that Philly was his only choice. His qualification could have just been "a good hockey market".
Been reported his qualification was living in close proximity to NYC & its large Russian community (Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn) - able to commute back & forth

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Been reported his qualification was living in close proximity to NYC & its large Russian community (Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay in Brooklyn) - able to commute back & forth
Ridiculous speculation, defies belief anybody would actually think this.

The difference with that is, a bunch of people are jumping into every topic that could have the faintest, ghostly thread to Michkov and mentioning him.

Outside of the tremendous Barzal highlight, he isn't mentioned. Talent gets celebrated plenty around here when it's warranted. No one else gets an empty net goal talked about in the out of town thread. It's irrelevant and it is only being brought up to cry about the non-selection.

But we got a bunch of posts about an empty net goal. A secondary assist. Then it spills into how it was a huge mistake to pass and blah blah blah.

Feel free to enjoy Michkov - there's ways to do it without having to come here and lament everything he does. It's obsessive and unhealthy and it ruins the quality of the board. Not to mention the proclamations that it is or isn't a mistake are so premature.
If you have nothing to say about someone calling Michkov, a teenager, a "cockroach"* then you don't really care about obsessive or unhealthy discourse. Which is fine, but don't pretend you care.

*At least "loser" can be excused for being part of the language of sports. Cockroach? That's what the nazis called Slavs. It's dehumanizing language.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, but Michkov orchestrated his way to Philly.

He went to meet with the flyers organization in Phildelphia.

The insiders, depending on how much you trust them have stated Michkov almost pulled a Jagr, but not to the same extent
I’ll be honest and say that Demidov’s camp, although not as with the same assertiveness, did the same with the Habs. Bobrov admitted talking to the Demidov family wayyyyyy before last year.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Ridiculous speculation, defies belief anybody would actually think this.

If you have nothing to say about someone calling Michkov, a teenager, a "cockroach"* then you don't really care about obsessive or unhealthy discourse. Which is fine, but don't pretend you care.

*At least "loser" can be excused for being part of the language of sports. Cockroach? That's what the nazis called Slavs. It's dehumanizing language.

I do care and obviously called Michkov a cockroach is a stupid thing to say and I don't support that at all.

I hope Michkov has a long and successful career with 0 stanley cups. I don't know about the quality of the kid or not and I don't have any issues with a player trying to find ways to get where they want to go in the NHL. I think all of these kids should get as much money out of their short careers as possible, as well.

I do think the whole situation around SKA and Michkov is weird - and I can't explain why they handled him as they did with the control they had. But, they also do stupid shit like pull Volokhin for a shootout and put him back in, so maybe it's just a weird culture thing over there.

So yeah, bash the guy who made the cockroach comment about Michkov - it's deserved. But my point still stands regarding the whole overall situation regarding Michkov here.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Going to be collasal mistake not taking Michkov. Impressive other night against Islanders. Like passing on Denis Savard.

So @ReHabs, look up and tell me again it's the anti-Michkov who never stop

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad