• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Now I'm torn.

I have no problem at all cheering for Edmonton to win the Cup. But if they do it now, they will equal a Leafs' record that has been unmatched for 82 years.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
This finals has made me realize that Edmonton has the worst fans in hockey. That city must be complete ass to live in if their fans on here are anything to go off. I’m rooting for the Oilers but it’s ironic hearing them bitch about other fans not laying back and appreciating greatness while they write detailed reports of what other fanbases are saying …. all the while they have their city in the SCF and rather than just enjoy the moment they find the need to browse every fan base’s around the league thread and debrief their sentiment about them. So much for enjoying the moment. I have never seen a collective fan base more insecure than HFOil. If the Leafs were playing in the finals I don’t think people would care enough what other fanbases of eliminated teams think. They also have an extreme victim everyone hates us complex. Hope the oilers win though because Canada.

Reactions: Lilou

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
This finals has made me realize that Edmonton has the worst fans in hockey. That city must be complete ass to live in if their fans on here are anything to go off. I’m rooting for the Oilers but it’s ironic hearing them bitch about other fans not laying back and appreciating greatness while they write detailed reports of what other fanbases are saying …. all the while they have their city in the SCF and rather than just enjoy the moment they find the need to browse every fan base’s around the league thread and debrief their sentiment about them. So much for enjoying the moment. I have never seen a collective fan base more insecure than HFOil. If the Leafs were playing in the finals I don’t think people would care enough what other fanbases of eliminated teams think. They also have an extreme victim everyone hates us complex. Hope the oilers win though because Canada.

Fans are crazy in every city and every sport. When was the last time anyone laid back and enjoyed a moment in sport? Unless you are in the parade?

Reactions: bax and myleafs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Remember Conner Brown……that player that wasn’t good enough for the Leafs…….he just scored a shorty in the Stanley cup final
Think of our team with Verhaege, Brown, Hyman and Marchment .. minus Mitch and JT .. then use extra CAP $$$ on D and G .. you got da makings of a Cup team with right tender .. we have been so badly managed by Shanny .. we lost all our grinders/scorers and we still have no D and G .. very badly mismanaged team

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Think of our team with Verhaege, Brown, Hyman and Marchment .. minus Mitch and JT .. then use extra CAP $$$ on D and G .. you got da makings of a Cup team with right tender .. we have been so badly managed by Shanny .. we lost all our grinders/scorers and we still have no D and G .. very badly mismanaged team
Other than not knowing how much of the blame lies with Shanahan and how much with Dubas, I completely agree.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario

Final year as a leaf before those 4 left

Verhaege - 0 goals 0 assists
Brown - 8 goals 21 assists (and I'm quite happy to think of the leafs without Brown)
Hyman - 15 goals 18 assists
Marchment - 0 goals 1 assist

Sometimes trading prospects or letting a UFAs go doesn't work out as planned. Jack Campbell was an All Star in his final year with the Leafs. Now he's in the AHL.

Whataboutism 101. How about Sean Durzi and Carl Grundstrom? How are they doing?

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I wonder how many people have changed their vote. I still say Panthers win it but the Oilers and ex-maple leaf legend Connor Brown are making it a series. I can't wait for game 6, I hope the Oilers win it. This is becoming an entertaining series.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
Were the Oilers to come back and win it, I can think of three reasons I would be ok with this:

1. Admiring greatness - McDavid is something else.
2. They have the best pair of fans we have seen in a while :)
3. The look on Paul Maurice's face at the buzzer.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Were the Oilers to come back and win it, I can think of three reasons I would be ok with this:

1. Admiring greatness - McDavid is something else.
2. They have the best pair of fans we have seen in a while :)
3. The look on Paul Maurice's face at the buzzer.
She'll be there tomorrow night.

Just heard you'll also be seeing her in a gentlemans magazine at some point soon.

Last edited:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So many won't cheer for the Oilers because they argue with their fans on the Internet. What about enjoying what is turning into one of the greatest feats in nhl history? I hope they do it just so I can say I watched this. What McDavid is doing is incredible.

So much this. I can’t believe so many Leafs fans would rather Florida win. Absolutely disgusting.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So many won't cheer for the Oilers because they argue with their fans on the Internet. What about enjoying what is turning into one of the greatest feats in nhl history? I hope they do it just so I can say I watched this. What McDavid is doing is incredible.

My thoughts exactly. I can't remember when the last time was that I was looking forward to a playoff game (that didn't involve the Leafs) as much as I'm looking forward to tomorrow night's game. Might have to go back as far as game 7 between Boston and Montreal when Don Cherry was coaching. Or maybe game 1 of the EDM/NYI finals when EDM finally broke through, not sure but those are the first two that come to mind. Those were both incredible games too, hopefully the game tomorrow will be as well.

I want to see a game 7. Go Oilers!

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
So much this. I can’t believe so many Leafs fans would rather Florida win. Absolutely disgusting.
My favourite is you can’t be a leafs fan if you’re cheering for Edmonton. I’m cheering for awesome hockey and we’re getting it. Series sure didn’t start out this way. I thought it would be a sweep for sure. McDavid getting rewarded will be amazing if they can pull it off.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
I think that this series will be determined on how well Bobroski play, he stole game 1 otherwise the Oilers would be up 3-2. The last 2 games he hasn't played as well so maybe the Oilers have gotten into his head. We'll see tonight.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Final year as a leaf before those 4 left

Verhaege - 0 goals 0 assists
Brown - 8 goals 21 assists (and I'm quite happy to think of the leafs without Brown)
Hyman - 15 goals 18 assists
Marchment - 0 goals 1 assist

Sometimes trading prospects or letting a UFAs go doesn't work out as planned. Jack Campbell was an All Star in his final year with the Leafs. Now he's in the AHL.

Whataboutism 101. How about Sean Durzi and Carl Grundstrom? How are they doing?
Durzi is Durzi not gonna say anymore but he has his issues as a Mississauga kid a lot of us from here know what they are .. Grundstrom is fine but does not move da needle but fine as a 4th liner .. in terms of other 4 as hockey guy knows you can't look at points as da barometer which is why Dubie had/has no idear about hockey .. you don't win with skater boys only .. you win in playoffs with straight line power skaters with grit on wing .. edgework guys we have had too many of that type .. it is all about roster construction and putting right pieces together .. playoff hockey requires some danglers/edge skaters and that number has gone up over da years but we had far too many and not enough Verharge Brown Hyman and Marchment types .. with Berube da mix will change over time .. our regular season point totals/player stats will drop off but our post season results will improve unless Tre/Shanny get in da way .. there is a fine line on managing this construction and thats why there are so few truly good hockey guys .. our guys are catering too da corporate suits in lower bowl who buy da expensive seats and put up da big money sponsorships .. it is why I am not sure we can ever have a winner here .. too many non hockey people in suits who never played

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Hyman on a breakaway makes it 3-0……….how many goals did Marner get this year in the playoffs

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Hyman is better then Tavares and Marner together as far as the playoff go
This is Hymans 16th goal of the playoffs this year, that could almost be more then Marner has in his entire playoff career, but let’s give him 12.5 for 8 years
Let the excuses flow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad