• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Fair enough.

I would also argue that there are a few players on our team that should have been a healthy scratch or two just to get their attention

Ya, not sure our fanbase was happy with Brodie or Samsanov, that was $8.5 million wasted.

Although Brown's overage is for next year ($3.5 in dead cap on the books), so they have good value this year.

But if people want to see what a cap problem is, they should check out Edmonton next year. Although, I am not sure the fanbase cares because they are doing so well, but they are not in a good spot, with $10 million for 6 roster spots (5 wingers, 1 D) and Skinner/Campbell as your goaltending combo.

Edmonton is luckily in one of the easiest divisions so they should be fine, but it will be interesting to see how they handle their offseason.

Reactions: bax and Racer88

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
We have Marner,Tavares, and Matthews with a combined 3 goals in this years playoffs making approx 32 million.
Is that money well spent

That’s even worse
Brown was on an epic goal scoring drought just this season that would have had fans screaming from the rooftops lol

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Ya, not sure our fanbase was happy with Brodie or Samsanov, that was $8.5 million wasted.

Although Brown's overage is for next year ($3.5 in dead cap on the books), so they have good value this year.

But if people want to see what a cap problem is, they should check out Edmonton next year. Although, I am not sure the fanbase cares because they are doing so well, but they are not in a good spot, with $10 million for 6 roster spots (5 wingers, 1 D) and Skinner/Campbell as your goaltending combo.

Edmonton is luckily in one of the easiest divisions so they should be fine, but it will be interesting to see how they handle their offseason.
Ya the fans won’t care about the cap if the Oilers come back and actually win the cup

Brown was on an epic goal scoring drought just this season that would have had fans screaming from the rooftops lol
Yet here he is in the finals making a difference

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hyman just scored on a deflection off his inside knee

I swear he could just be a pylon with a stick tapped to it and he would have still put up 30-40 goals this season.

It still takes skill to stand in front of the net like he does, but I've never seen someone benefit so much from the players around him.

Oct 18, 2010
Interesting to see which players show up (character) and which ones don't. The beauty of hockey, somethings the nerds will never get. That's why you always have Some People downgrading these players accomplishments.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I swear he could just be a pylon with a stick tapped to it and he would have still put up 30-40 goals this season.

It still takes skill to stand in front of the net like he does, but I've never seen someone benefit so much from the players around him.
It also takes guts when that monster on the blue line his hammering shots on net

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Interesting to see which players show up (character) and which ones don't. The beauty of hockey, somethings the nerds will never get. That's why you always have Some People downgrading these players accomplishments.

Hyman had 0 points in the first 3 games, no character for those games?

Reactions: Racer88

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It also takes guts when that monster on the blue line his hammering shots on net

Like I said, I agree, it takes skill to stand there, I like Hyman.

His highlight reel this year is just pucks bouncing off him/his stick.

Still takes some skill, just he has been propped up a lot by his teammates this year.

Reactions: bax
Oct 18, 2010
Zach Hyman (he's actually bad I swearrrrr!!!) Didn't get a point on that goal. For the martial chartists that means he didn't play a role in that goal. Never mind his work to defend the lead. Too busy celebrating the 5th consecutive expected Cup during the Dumbass Dynasty. :party:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Now is when things start to become heartbreaking for one of the teams (which is still likely to be Edmonton). As a fan, I'd still take any of it over being swept or eliminated in five though.

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad