Oilers or Panthers?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
.ca

Bad news bro.
The Leafs are the joke.

Edmonton is in the Stanley Cup finals.
Indeed. One side bonus of EDM winning is that I might have to roll my eyes at less posts about how much better Matthews is than McDavid, how Matthews/Marner >>>>>>> Draisaitl who is basically worthless because he doesn't play D, how Hyman is nothing more than a product of McDavid and how in general, the entire Oiler team is a joke. We are the joke, so sad, but so true.

Another side bonus would be hopefully less posts about how the NHL is rigged, Bettman wouldn't allow a Canadian team to win, and that's why the refs call penalties on the Leafs etc.

Go Oilers!

Oilers.

Yeah, Oilers HF fans are obnoxious. Guess what? So are we. These are not the friendliest forums. Whatever.

Go Oilers.
Very well said! I would like to see a Canadian team win for a change. Florida is the favorite so they're more likely to win but still, they're not huge favorites and EDM has those superstars.

Go Oilers!

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Florida is a hockey fan's wet dream. High scoring, exciting, gritty, physical, dirty, great goaltending. That's the type of team everyone should strive for. I'd be cheering for them over most other random teams anyway.

Don't even get my started on Edmonton...

Reactions: TMLife17

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Panthers are the better team, Oilers have McDavid...

If Skinner plays well and McDavid puts up 2+ points a night like he has been, then that is a tough series to win.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm living vicariously through my former favourite Maple Leaf Zach Hyman to hoist the Cup for himself at the stupidity of my former clueless GM that let him go for nothing. Much like Naz who had to get free first and then enjoy success.

As the leading playoff goal scorer Hyman might also get Conn Smythe consideration as playoff MVP depending on if he can continue scoring key playoff goals like the series GWG that sent the Oilers to the finals.

Go Oilers !!

Hockey is Canada's sport so as a proud Canadian I could stomach Oilers, Flames or Jets winning the Cup if not for the Leafs.

Besides the best player on the planet McDavid deserves it based on his play as well.

Last edited:

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
I hate both of the teams in the finals, but will cheer for Florida. Lesser of the two evils. LOL.

Being a Leafs fan, I cannot bring myself to cheer for another canadian team in the playoffs. Never cheered for the canucks, habs and won't for the oilers. We're rivals, just can't do it. I don't believe in the "bring the cup home" narrative. Its either my team or none of the canadian teams. I have nothing personal against the other canadian teams but its just how I feel.

I'm sure if it was the Leafs in the final, every other canadian fan base would cheer against us. Its a rivalry. You cannot cheer for a rival just because they are canadian. Feels dirty.

Last edited:

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
Panthers probably win. Huge edge in net + defence, the offensive gap (if there is one) isn't that big. Ekholm + Bouchard are great, but there's a massive drop off after that and again Edmontons lack of depth.

With McDavid, you can never count them out but I think the Panthers are clear favorites, and having already played in the Cup Final last year, they have that experience as well.
If the Cats are as banged up as they were last year, or the Bolts the year before, the West may win again.

Seems doubtful McDavid can beat a healthy Cats team but wouldn't wager against him.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I called the last game of the regular season that Kucherov would get his 100th assist and Matthews wouldn't get his 70th goal...check

I called that Boston would win the series in either 4 or 7 games... check

I'm calling that the Oilers are winning the cup

Not a single solitary doubt in my mind, they are 100% winning it this year. Bookmark this and come back to it after the series is over.. I'm going 3 for 3

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Don't really care. I guess Oilers.

Fanbase stinks, but McDavid is the best player we've seen (not the most dominant, but the best IMO) and it's nice to see greatness rewarded

Reactions: ruaware41 and bax

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Been a big fan of Maurice going back to when he coached here.

He deserves a cup ring. I really hope he gets one. He, and OEL, are two guys that I'll be pulling for.

I also hope McDavid has a great series - the amount of dumb criticism he receives is insane, and a strong showing in the cup final would shut a lot of people up for good

Reactions: ruaware41 and bax

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
.ca

Bad news bro.
The Leafs are the joke.

Edmonton is in the Stanley Cup finals.
You think Vancouver fans care they made the finals? They don't give a flying f***. It's cup or bust and no one except losers reminisce on past failures.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Panthers are the better team, Oilers have McDavid...

If Skinner plays well and McDavid puts up 2+ points a night like he has been, then that is a tough series to win.
I think Hyman is their leading scorer for the playoffs.
Dubas………..oops

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Doesn't matter, let the better team win. Hyman is proving Dubas to be quite a fool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad