Oilers or Panthers?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I consider all Canadian teams top-tier rivals and I want the Buds to be the ones to bring the mug back. I also really appreciate the Panthers team build. They've got it all, top tier forwards who are tough, a mobile blueline who can defend well, and a goalie who shuts the door. I don't hold any animosity towards that team or fanbase, so I'll be rooting for them.

Another side bonus would be hopefully less posts about how the NHL is rigged, Bettman wouldn't allow a Canadian team to win, and that's why the refs call penalties on the Leafs etc.

Go Oilers!
Best case I've seen so far for cheering for the Oilers.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
Really dont want the Oilers to win (although seeing Hyman win the cup would be great, love that guy).

Also, dont want to see Thachuk lift the cup.

I'll just choose to be as invested in this cup final as little as possible.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Not a fan of either team, so I really won't know who I am cheering for until puck drop time.

It might be the Oilers because they are the underdogs... hard to say.

I think the Panthers are the better team. But I didn't think the Oilers were the better team vs Dallas, in fact, they were not, but they found a way. Can they do it again?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Fck Panthers.
I hope the team with less Finns win, because i will never hear the end of it.

Frostitute

Feb 9, 2022
Northern Ontario
My brain tells me the Panthers in 6.
My heart tells me the Oilers in 7.

High end talent goes to the Oilers for sure. McDavid is the best player on the planet. That being said the Panthers are deeper in every position and I don't see them being denied two years in a row in the SCF.

Hopefully Skinner can continue to be hot, McDavid can go absolutely God mode and Nurse can be a + for at least one series.

Go Oilers.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I cant bring myself to click on either team but I am cheering on Hyman and McDavid mostly. I guess the Canadian team as well I guess but if they win I hope they embarrass themselves somehow.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
You guys know no one on the planet would ever hear the end of it if Edmonton won, right? They still gloat about their 80’s cups like it was yesterday and pound their chests like they’re the best team to ever exist because they tanked for 15 years to get McD.

Whereas Florida has 200 fans total and we wouldn’t have to hear anything from anyone if they won.

It’s a no brainer for me.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You guys know no one on the planet would ever hear the end of it if Edmonton won, right? They still gloat about their 80’s cups like it was yesterday and pound their chests like they’re the best team to ever exist because they tanked for 15 years to get McD.

Whereas Florida has 200 fans total and we wouldn’t have to hear anything from anyone if they won.

It’s a no brainer for me.

If they win and then decline as a team maybe McDavid will come here. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: TMLife17

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Let me help Gary Nyland.
There is no way that Bettman will allow the Oilers to win.
The fix is in. The TV contract would not allow an obscure team to win. Can you imagine Bettman allowing a final of Edmonton vs Ottawa.
No when to fold 'em boys.
If the Oilers get close, McD will be in LA next year.

BTW, why such a long break this week, oh yes, to get some TV interest south of the border now that the WNBA has passed the NHL for tv bucks.
😁

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Before the playoffs started my wife entered a lottery at the Legion, and she drew Florida.

I would always want a Canadian team (except maybe Ottawa) to win the Cup.

Wallet or heart - it's a win-win for us.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Out of spite, I was hoping Florida would win because I want Edmonton to continue being the laughing stock of the NHL... All those top 5 picks in the last decade... Including McDavid, and no cups. If they win, then Toronto is the defacto laughing stock.

But I can't bring myself to cheer for Florida.

we never stopped being the laughing stock.

Reactions: myleafs

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Let me help Gary Nyland.
There is no way that Bettman will allow the Oilers to win.
The fix is in. The TV contract would not allow an obscure team to win. Can you imagine Bettman allowing a final of Edmonton vs Ottawa.
No when to fold 'em boys.
If the Oilers get close, McD will be in LA next year.

BTW, why such a long break this week, oh yes, to get some TV interest south of the border now that the WNBA has passed the NHL for tv bucks.
😁

Ouch WNBA passed the NHL? Gary Bettman sucks at his job. They need to run NHL clinics with good players at the local level and get kids playing hockey. That's why it doesn't grow. Crappy ambassadors, no support of local leagues to get youth players passionate about the game

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Realistically, the Refs will decide who wins based on soft penalty calls or not.
If the Oilers dont get 2+ PP goals a game, they may be swept.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Panthers.

I tend to dislike all other Canadian teams as a general rule. I won't be upset if McDavid gets a cup though. Also lived in Calgary for a bit, so tend to hate Edmonton teams by default

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad