Oilers now 13-12-1: THE THREAD THAT'S FUN FOR EVERYONE

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
a53ef452f60257c91c6aa830c6519546.jpg

3a7.jpg
What are we oofing? Bouchard being a -3? Everyone and their mom knows he can't defend.

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
The Oilers are a streaky club, have been for a couple of years. No doubt a bad start but the season isn't even 10 games old. They'll be in a PO position by christmas and won't look back. As an Oilers hater I would be very happy to see this continue but it will be all a distant memory come game 82.

I agree with most people about the fundamental flaws of the team and can't see them going to the finals but it's the NHL and even shit teams like the 20/21 habs made it to the finals so anything is possible.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I was referencing the "most insufferable fanbase" comment.

Oiler fans are the Matthews of insufferable fanbases while the Leafs are the McDavid of insufferable fanbases.
As someone who hates both teams, Oilers fans are more insufferable. Leaf fans are at least self-aware and a lot of their BS is tongue in cheek. Can't say the same about you lot.

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
At this point, this thread is 90% leafs fans all shitting on the Oilers with weird conjecture/false-narratives and high-fiving each other publically.

No discussion left (or ever) to be had

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
As someone who hates both teams, Oilers fans are more insufferable. Leaf fans are at least self-aware and a lot of their BS is tongue in cheek. Can't say the same about you lot.
I guess I should just take the word of the fakest fan on the site then.

Also, I said that Oiler fans are the Matthews of insufferable fans, I didn't say that they are the Keller of insufferable fanbases so I admit that they are one of the worst out there.

Anyway, moving on....

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Oilers are a good bet to make the playoffs.

This is an awful start but the team is not that different than the one that was red hot after the deadline

What are we oofing? Bouchard being a -3? Everyone and their mom knows he can't defend.
Also, minus 3 isn't even as low as I thought it should be. He's been awful

Reactions: 1989 and Coffey

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Oilers are a good bet to make the playoffs.

This is an awful start but the team is not that different than the one that was red hot after the deadline
The issue is..other team’s improved themselves in the offseason.

Did the Oilers ?

Last edited:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
At this point, this thread is 90% leafs fans all shitting on the Oilers with weird conjecture/false-narratives and high-fiving each other publically.

No discussion left (or ever) to be had
It looks like most have them making the playoffs and pointing out they are streaky with flaws? How would you describe them?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
They are in that purgatory with cap space where their core players are taking up so much cap that they can't get the support team needed to win. Who would have thought you couldn't build a one line team or a two-line, one-player team and be successful? Especially with underperforming goalies and a mediocre defense. It's not THAT surprising.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It’s a long season and he will be back with a lot of points left to play for.

Now, the Canes have a lot more injury worries that will impact their point haul.

Svetch is still out, Aho, although he returned, is banged up and he can’t play center and now Pesce with surgery and out a month.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The issue is..other team’s improved themselves in the offseason.

Did the Oilers ?
Yes they did. Even with Brown's slow start he is an upgrade on Yamamoto. Having a full year of Ekholm is a big deal. Plus the Oilers were so red hot that even with other teams upgrading I don't think they could pass the Oilers so quickly. It's not like other great teams upgrade substantially every year.

Just watching the Oilers, it's just weird. They started a new system this year in response to being exposed by Vegas in the playoffs, and it seems to have knocked everyone off their groove

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
It's not that bad, after next season and the one after that, Jack Campbell will only have on year left. And Nurse is barely signed into the 2030's.

I bet they turn it around enough to get into the playoffs, but not much more than that. They are in cap hell, and that is with one of the top 5 players in the world making 8.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad